Chapter 53.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

The limo finally pulled up in front of the theatre hall, Baekhyun stepping out eagerly while Jaekyung got out curiously. Her eyes widened when she took note of her surroundings and she gasped when she saw “The Nutcracker” in giant letters on a stand right outside of the Universal Art Centre.
 
“Oh my gosh Baek this is-”
 
“Your favourite ballet. I know, I remember every little thing you tell me Jaekyung.”
 
Jaekyung threw her arms around Baekhyun and hugged him tight; she can’t believe that she’s actually going to watch this. Jaekyung had played a small role in The Nutcracker during elementary school and had fallen in love with the ballet ever since. She missed her one chance to watch it when the production came two years ago and was absolutely devastated; it was the one thing she really wanted to see when she got to Seoul.
 
“Come on let’s go inside!!!” Even in her heels Jaekyung’s legs moved quickly with a chuckling Baekhyun next to her. She held onto his arm tight as they made their way inside, Baekhyun fishing out their tickets the moment they walked through the doors.
 
“This is so exciting!” Jaekyung couldn’t prevent a squeal from escaping her lips when the stage came into view. Although none of the dancers have appeared yet, just the staging and props themselves gave Jaekyung goosebumps. Even with her independent nature and mature image Jaekyung has an innocent and adorable side to her, something that Baekhyun absolutely adores. Never in his life did Baekhyun think his business classes would do him good, turns out the classmates he befriended in those had better connections than he had expected.
 
“Our seats are up front Jaekyung.”
 
“... We have front row seats?!” Jaekyung clasped shut and smiled sheepishly when she realized how loud she had been. “Oops.” Baekhyun’s smile grew wider and his hands moved on their own, pinching Jaekyung’s cheeks lightly.
 
“Aigo, my girlfriend is such a cutie pie.” Jaekyung scrunched her face and pouted.
 
“Am not.”
 
“In my eyes you are.”
 
The couple continued to joke around while making their way to their seats. The theatre began to fill up and soon the spotlights on the stage lit up along with Jaekyung’s eyes. A dozen female ballerinas filled the stage, dancing elegantly and leaving the excited Jaekyung in awe. By the time the male lead came onto the stage Jaekyung was completely speechless. From his toes to the tips of his fingers the male dancer oozed passion, even the hair on his head moved the way he wanted them to, following his moves and flowing along with the music that played. The way he danced with so much passion and life mesmerized Jaekyung, reminding her of why she had been wanting to watch this in person ever since she was a child. Everything was so beautiful, so graceful and just so... perfect. Jaekyung may not be a dancer herself but it was always something she loved to watch. She loved the look in the eyes of those who adored dancing. Maybe it was simply a part of Jaekyung’s nature, the love she has for life and the want she has to see other’s succeed and fulfill their dreams own dreams. It made fall in love with how dancers danced with all of their heart, as if their life depended on it.
 
Sooner than Jaekyung would have liked the lights started to dim, the curtains slowly closed and thundering applauses surrounded the theatre hall. After the cast bowed and the applauses stopped Jaekyung still remained rooted to her seat while others in the audience began to leave.
 
“Jaekyung-ah, sweetie?” Jaekyung stayed frozen before she took a deep breath and gave Baekhyun another one of her tight hugs.
 
“That was the best Christmas gift ever! Thank you so much Baek, I can’t even put my feelings into words right now!” Baekhyun hugged Jaekyung back and smiled into their embrace.
 
“I’m glad you think so, but there’s still another part to your gift.”
 
“There’s more?!” Jaekyung was starting to feel guilty that all she had gotten him were handmade gifts even though she knows that Baekhyun wouldn’t mind.
 
“Yep, but it’ll have to wait until tomorrow when we have dinner at my place.”
 
“Baek… I didn’t… I…”
 
“I know what you’re going to say Jaekyung and trust me, seeing you this happy is more than enough as a Christmas gift for me.”
 
“Bu-.”
 
“Not buts. Come on, let’s get you home and dressed into something a little more comfy.” Jaekyung nodded lightly and followed Baekhyun back into the limo. “Just so you know, I’m staying the night at your place. I’m much too tired to get back to mine.”
 
Jaekyung smacked Baekhyun’s arm lightly but didn’t protest, after everything that he has done for her tonight, the least she could do his spare him her couch.
 
“Mmm then how does hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies until we fall asleep sound to you?”
 
“Perfect.” 
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys, another short chapter! Finals are starting soon asdjfkj