Chapter 56.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
Baekhyun and Jaekyung swung their hands back and forth as they made their way inside Baekhyun's house, a secretive smile sitting on his face as they entered.
 
"I hope your parents like the couple scarves I made them."
 
"Don't worry; I'm sure they'll love it. We can be cool kids and wear our couple outfits to take cheesy pictures during dinner with them; omma loves that kind of stuff." Jaekyung grew less worried at Baekhyun's comment. 
 
"Ahh yes, omoni does seem to like things like that." 
 
“Haha come on, let’s go in.” Baekhyun gave his workers a look at the gate, signalling them to move away and give him room to walk Jaekyung in himself. Once they reached the front door, like the sweet gentleman he is, Baekhyun opened the door and gestured for Jaekyung to go in. “Ladies first.”
 
“Why thank you kind sir.” Jaekyung giggled as she curtsied before making her way inside. She took her shoes off briskly while eyeing two pairs of shoes sitting where she usually put hers. “Baek, do you have other guests over today?”
 
Baekhyun peeked over Jaekyung’s shoulders and towards the shoes she pointed at. “Hmm, not that I know of.” Baekhyun hid the grin that threatened to grow on his face, taking his shoes off as well before linking hands with Jaekyung again.
 
“Omma, appa, we’re here!”
 
Baekhyun’s mother was so absorbed in getting dinner ready as well as talking to her future in-laws that she didn’t even hear the door slamming shut, Baekhyun’s voice had taken her by surprise.
 
“Already?! Omo!” She washed her hands hurriedly along with Jaekyung’s mother -who had refused to sit and decided to help out in the kitchen as well- racing into the dining room where the two older males were chatting away. “Yeobo the kids are home!”
 
Baekhyun’s fathers eyes widened and almost spat out his coffee while Jaekyung’s father had an expression that mirrored his.
 
“Quick, we need to get them to the back! Baekhyun’s going to have our heads if we ruin this!” Jaekyung’s mother chuckled as she watched Baekhyun’s father rush the two of them to the back of the house where the guest room is located.
 
“I’m sorry for my husband’s behaviour, we’ll be fast. You remember the code right?” Jaekyung’s mother nodded and held Baekhyun’s mother’s hand sincerely.
 
“It’s alright, and yes, we do… thank you so much once again for doing this.”
 
“Oh haha no no, Jaekyung has been nothing but a wonderful influence on my son, this is the least we could do.” Jaekyung’s mother felt her heart warm up at the woman in front of her, she’s glad that her daughter had found in-law’s that treat her as if they were her own.
 
Baekhyun’s mother closed the door quietly then walked out to the front as if she had been in the washroom the entire time.
 
“Omoni! Merry Christmas!”
 
“Ahh Jaekyung-ah Merry Christmas to you too!”
 
Jaekyung enveloped Baekhyun’s mother into a hug then pulled out a box from her backpack.
 
“I got this for you and abeoji, I hope you like them.”
 
“Oh! You shouldn’t have Jaekyung-ah, can I open it now?”
 
“Yes, of course!”
 
“Yeobo, come over here and look at what Jaekyung got us!” Baekhyun’s father took a few calming breaths and made sure he looked presentable after his small outburst before leaving the dining room as if he was absorbed by the daily paper just now.
 
“Really? Thank you so much Jaekyung-ah, Merry Christmas.” The two exchanged an award hug as Jaekyung returned the greeting.
 
“Merry Christmas to you too abeoji.”
 
Baekhyun laughed at the two awkward turtles before lacing his fingers in between Jaekyung’s.
 
“Come on, let’s go inside and see what there is to help out with since I’m sure omma isn’t finished with dinner yet.”
 
Jaekyung followed Baekhyun into the kitchen along with his mother and put an apron on right away and helped Baekhyun with his as well.
 
“Okay, Baekhyun can take care of the desserts since he had that planned out already last night and Jaekyung can cut up the vegetables for the salad and make the mash potatoes for now. I’ll let you guys know what else you can help me with afterwards.”
 
“Got it!”
 
Jaekyung and Baekhyun got to work immediately while Baekhyun’s mother slipped out of the kitchen. She went into the living room and started to play some Christmas songs to not only brighten up the atmosphere but to also let her future in-laws know that it’s time for them to come out.  
 
“Oh I love this song.” Jaekyung hummed out of tune to “Jingle Bell Rock” as she washed the lettuce and took out a container of cherry tomatoes.
 
“So there is something you aren’t good at.” Still absolutely perfect though. Baekhyun set his measuring cup on the counter and walked over to the sink where Jaekyung is.
 
“Huh?” Baekhyun shook his head and chuckled, placing a quick kiss on Jaekyung’s nose.
 
“Nothing, I was just thinking out loud.” Baekhyun bumped his hips with Jaekyung’s purposely while opening the cupboards next to her to grab a roll of cookie sheets. Jaekyung returned his playful banter with a small splash of water onto his face. Baekhyun gasped when the cold water got onto his face. He scrunched his brows and was greeted with a smiling Jaekyung.
 
“Just cut your vegetables.” Jaekyung laughed out loud at this and turned around.
 
“Will do.”
 
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, Jaekyung’s parents were inside of the guest room discussing the best way they could surprise their little girl. They were still in the middle of figuring out what to do when “Jingle Bell Rock” started to play, that’s their queue!
 
“Should we just walk in and act like nothing is out of the ordinary?” Jaekyung’s mother looked at her husband with a skeptical look before smiling.
 
“That’s actually a good idea yeobo! It’ll be better than for us to jump in saying surprise or something. I’ll just walk into the kitchen and put on an apron to help out as if everything is normal and wait until she realizes what’s going on.”
 
“Sounds like a plan, let’s go!”
 
 
 
 
 
“Baek, where do you put the garlic? I’m going to roast some for the mash potatoes.” Jaekyung rummaged through the fridge, searching for the garlic when another hand reached in and opened up the side compartment and pulled a clove out for her. Seeing that the hand belonged to someone of older age, Jaekyung immediately assumed that was Baekhyun’s mother who helped her out. “Oh thank you so much omeo-. O-omma? OMMA!” Jaekyung didn’t waste another second and threw her arms around her mother, pulling her into a tight hug.
 
“Haha, it’s nice to see you too.”
 
“What are you doing here? I mean, how did you get here? Is appa here too? I really missed you guys!” A string of questions left Jaekyung’s mouth before she took a deep breath, finally letting her mother answer.
 
“I’m here to see you, Baekhyun got us tickets to come, yes your father is here and we missed you too.” Jaekyung’s eyes widen at the words she just heard, a small film of water coating her eyes at the fact that her parents are really here right now. Baek…
 
“Oh sweetie, don’t cry!” Jaekyung’s mother wrapped her arms around her and held her tight. Jaekyung’s father rushed into the kitchen the moment he heard that his little girl was crying and joined in the hug.
 
“Appa!”
 
“Aigoo, look at you.” He wiped the tears off of his daughters face and patted her back.
 
Baekhyun and his parents watched the heartwarming scene with smiles on their faces. At that moment Baekhyun knew he did the right thing by planning this surprise for her, he knew how much Jaekyung had missed her parents and how close they were; he wanted to get her a meaningful Christmas gift and came up with this instantly. Baekhyun watched as they slowly got out of the hug, wiping the tears off of Jaekyung’s face in the process. Jaekyung looked up and met eyes with him, still speechless and digesting the fact that yes, her parents are here with her right now. Although no words were spoken, Baekhyun knew what his girlfriend wanted. He walked over and pulled her in for another hug.
 
“Merry Christmas Jaekyung-ah.” 
 
 
 
 
 
I am sooooooo sooooooo sooooooooo sorry for the wait! I've been really busy with volunteering and school lately so I haven't had the chance to write anything until today. I also had a terrible writers block on top of all that as well but it's all good now! I promise to update frequently now that the ideas are flowing again. I'm really terribly sorry that I had you guys wait so long for this chapter! Thank you guys for reading <3