Chapter 48.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
"Come back to visit us soon!!!!" Baekhyun waved the kids goodbye unwillingly as they made their way to the exit.
 
"Well, that was nice." Baekhyun had a dreamy look on his face while walking hand in hand with Jaekyung. 
 
"Mhmm, I really missed the kids. Thanks for coming with me today even though it probably wasn't the ideal date after not seeing each other for so long." 
 
"Any date is an ideal date if it's with you. Plus I had fun with the kids as well." Jaekyung smiled as she got onto her tiptoes, actually giving Baekhyun a kiss this time. She placed her lips against his cheeks and gave him a quick peck. 
 
"Thanks Baek, I'm glad you feel that way." 
 
"You know.... if it means you're going to kiss me afterwards I wouldn't mind coming back again first thing tomorrow." Jaekyung rolled her eyes and started to walk faster. 
 
"Tche, come on, let's hurry up, I'm hungry."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Chanyeol! Watch out!" Kris dove down quickly and pulled Chanyeol by the leg, stopping him from crashing into a window. Lay laughed as he and Tao flew slowly above the clouds, taking their time to admire the sunset. 
 
"Sorry Kris, I think I flapped my wings a little too hard." 
 
"A little?" Kris narrowed his eyes and placed his hands on his hips. 
 
"Okay... maybe more than a little." 
 
"You need to get the hang of the size of your new wings before you can start diving and turning okay Chanyeol? Look at Tao, he's doing perfectly fine over there with Lay." 
 
Chanyeol could practically hear Tao smirk (if that's even possible). 
 
Yeah Chanyeol, calm down. 
 
Shut it Tao. 
 
"Sorry Kris, I'll take things slower." 
 
"Good, practice now while nothing crazy is going on. You'll need to get the hang of these once you get assigned more humans to watch over." Chanyeol nodded his head in agreement with Kris then slowly flapped his wings, following Kris to where Tao and Lay are. 
 
 
 
 
 
"So... how did your exams go?" Jaekyung glanced around the living room awkwardly while Baekhyun and his mother were in the kitchen preparing dinner, they didn't want her helping out when she's the guest so she's currently in the living room with Baekhyun's father. They're still slightly awkward around the other. 
 
"They went better than I anticipated, thank you for asking." 
 
“Ahh I see, that’s good to hear then.” Silence filled uncomfortable atmosphere again, Jaekyung and Baekhyun’s father both at a loss of what to do or say.
 
“So...”
 
“Umm”
 
The two of them spoke at the same time and quickly offered for the other person to go first.
 
“Oh sorry you can go first abeoji.”  
 
“No no, it’s alright, you can go first Jaekyung.”
 
The two exchanged awkward glances and sighed; they didn’t know what to say and was hoping the other person did. Jaekyung started play with the hem of her shirt as she stared at her toes, unsure of where she should place her line of sight.
 
“This is kind of awkward hey?” Jaekyung looked up at Baekhyun’s father and nodded slowly.
 
“Yeah…”
 
“What do young adults like you talk about these days anyways?”
 
“Mmm, I’m not really a typical young adult so I wouldn’t know either haha.” Jaekyung smiled while Baekhyun’s father chuckled.
 
“Haha I see, I see. Well, I don’t think the two of us really got to know each other even though you’ve been here so many times. Why don’t you… talk about your own interests?”
 
“My interests?”
 
“Yeah, why did you decided to pursue the career of becoming a pediatrician?”
 
“Oh well… the reason as to why I wanted to become a doctor is a pretty long story so to put it simply I really like children and I also enjoy helping others. Becoming a pediatrician would be like hitting two birds with one stone haha. Hopefully I’ll do well.” Baekhyun’s father nodded his head as he listened to Jaekyung.
 
“I’m sure you’ll do just fine, you’re a smart girl Jaekyung.”
 
“Ahh thank you abeoji.”
 
“DINNERS READY!!!”
 
“Baekhyun! I told you to go get them not scream from the kitchen!”
 
Jaekyung and Baekhyun’s father laughed at the commotion in the kitchen before getting up.
 
“Well it was nice to actually sit down and talk to you one on one for once Jaekyung.”
 
“Yeah, it was.”
 
Baekhyun’s father grabbed a seat in at the dinner table first while Jaekyung went into the kitchen to help them set the dishes.
 
“Oh Jaekyung, go sit down! Let Baekhyun do it, you’re out guest.”
 
“No, omoni, I should help out since the two of you prepared the food.” Jaekyung kept insisting on helping out and finally managed to convince Baekhyun’s mother. She set the dishes onto the table nicely before grabbing a seat next to Baekhyun; he had already set the bowls of rice down.
 
“So, what’d you guys talk about?” Baekhyun winked as he put some kimchi into you bowl.
 
“Um…” Before Jaekyung could answer Baekhyun’s question Baekhyun’s father spoke first.
 
“Jaekyung told me a little bit about herself, I hear she really likes kids Baekhyun. Right Jaekyung?” Jaekyung’s eyes enlarged as a light pink tint appeared on her cheeks. She now realizes that Baekhyun’s father is just as much of a troll as his mother is; only he’s more subtle about it.
 
“Haha yeah…” Baekhyun’s eyes turned into two small slits after seeing the blush on Jaekyung’s face and the hidden message his father was sending him. Don’t worry appa, I really like kids too haha.
 
“Yeobo, stop teasing Jaekyung.” Baekhyun’s mother scolded his father but she herself couldn’t hide the smile on her face.
 
“What? I was merely answering Baekhyun’s question.” Jaekyung looked up at the two bickering adults and wondered if she and Baekhyun would end up like them in the future.
 
“It’s fine omoni, abeoji and I did talk about me liking kids except it was related to why I want to become a pediatrician and not for... um other reasons…” Baekhyun’s eyebrows rose playfully as he looked at Jaekyung.
 
“What other reasons Jaekyung-ah? I’m confused, would you care to elaborate?” Jaekyung scrunched her eyebrows together and poked Baekhyun with her chopsticks.
 
“I’d rather not say, I’m sure you can figure it out yourself.”