Chapter 37.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
Jaekyung and Sora looked at Baekhyun expectantly, waiting for him to start singing. 
 
"Okay, I guess I'm just gonna start now...You guys can still stop me though, last chance... don't say I didn't warn you." Jaekyung laughed resting her arm on Sora's bed. 
 
"Just sing Baek, we won't laugh." 
 
"Fine."
 
Baekhyun cleared his throat then took in a deep breath. He looked at Jaekyung as the lyrics to Urban Zakapa's Crush left his lips. 
 
"Even if I just hold you like this,
the fluttering keeps me awake.
You're shining in my heart again today, no." 
 
Jaekyung couldn't believe her ears as Baekhyun continued to sing. His scruffy voice had a rich tone and the way he sang held so much soul that Jaekyung felt herself falling in love with him all over again.  Skipping over the female verse Baekhyun went into his falsetto for the chorus, that was pretty much the last straw for Jaekyung. If she could she'd do nothing but listen to Baekhyun sing for the rest of her life. 
 
"Here I am baby, I've got a crush on you girl.
You and I, like other couples.
Here I am baby, I'm so into you my girl
If we could be together."
 
Baekhyun stopped singing and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.
 
"Wahh! Oppa! That was awesome!" Sora clapped enthusiastically, causing Baekhyun to grow more embarrassed. 
 
"Haha thanks Sora, I'm glad you enjoyed that. Jaekyung and I have to go now though alright? You need to get your beauty sleep." Baekhyun walked over and made sure Sora was tucked in properly before grabbing Jaekyung's hand. 
 
"Goodnight Sora, unnie and oppa will be back next week." Jaekyung kissed her forehead and turned off the lights quickly. She heads out the door with Baekhyun and walk towards the locker room to grab their things. 
 
"So..." Baekhyun's face is still slightly flushed from singing earlier, he wanted to know what Jaekyung thought about that. 
 
"So what Baek?" Jaekyung knew what Baekhyun wanted to ask but she decided to , just a little bit.
 
"You know..." Jaekyung chuckled and gave Baekhyun a quick peck on his cheek.
 
"Your reward for singing so well." Baekhyun smiled as he turned around with his lips protruding. 
 
"Here too." Seeing that Baekhyun wasn't planning to lean down any time soon, Jaekyung went on her tiptoes and kissed Baekhyun quickly. 
 
"There, happy?" 
 
"Very." Jaekyung slapped Baekhyun's arm playfully and rolled her eyes.
 
"Where did you learn how to sing like that anyway Baek?" 
 
"Huh? I don't know... I just like listening to music and would sing randomly in the showers. I guess omma heard me and thought I was good but I never really thought much about it." An idea flashed by Jaekyung's mind as she thought about how amazing Baekhyun sounded just now, and with no lessons whatsoever too. 
 
"Have you ever thought about becoming a singer? I mean... you're trying to look for your calling still aren't you?" 
 
"Me? A singer?" Baekhyun thought about it for a few seconds then shook his head. "Nah, you're the only audience I need." Jaekyung couldn't stop the wide smile that spread across her face at his comment. 
 
"Cheesy." 
 
"But you love it." Baekhyun rubbed his nose against hers and chuckled as she scrunched her face. "Cute."
 
"I am not even the slightest bit cute." 
 
"To me you are." Jaekyung simply rolled her eyes, they're conversation is getting sidetracked. 
 
"We're getting off topic Baek."
 
"Right..."
 
"Have you thought about what you'd like to do lately? I'm sure you're not enjoying all those business classes your father enrolled you in." Baekhyun sighed and Jaekyung knew that meant he still can't seem to figure anything out. They reached the locker rooms and took their things out as Jaekyung decided to comfort Baekhyun.
 
"It's okay Baek, you'll find something. We're still young, you have time." 
 
"I know, but I just wish I'd figure it out soon, I'm really sick of my classes and it doesn't help that appa wants me to attend the business meetings as well. He keeps saying how you're such an amazing influence and how I've matured so much... which are good things of course if we take out the part where I have to wear a suit and smile at people I don't know for hours on end." Jaekyung felt her heart ache for Baekhyun. He looked so lost whenever he thought about the future.
 
Baekhyun helped Jaekyung put her jacket on then held her hands as they headed to her apartment. 
 
"Mmm, since I have late classes tomorrow how about we spend some time making a list of things for you to try? I've been so busy with school that I haven't been of much help to you..." 
 
"That'd be awesome and don't say that Jaekyung-ah, you've done so much already, trust me."
 
"You're always telling me that but you're the one who made the decisions for yourself Baek. I didn't need to be in the equation for that to happen, I just kind of sped up the process. There is no way that someone as kind and sweet as you would turn out poorly. I'm sure your parents know that too." Baekhyun nuzzled his face against Jaekyung's neck lightly and shook his head.
 
"You're the reason I am who I am today, right here, right now. If I hadn't met you, I'd still be out partying with my so called friends and with no direction in my life. Heck, I could have died for all we know." Baekhyun s his arms around Jaekyung's waist and held her close while they continued to walk. He's glad he convinced his driver to take a break from driving them today. 
 
"Baek, that's probably one of the sweetest things I've heard but you're not listening." 
 
"No Jaekyung, you're not listening. Maybe I would have changed one day... but that's not what happened. You know what happened? A twenty year old rebel almost lost his life doing stupid things with his friend, speeding down a high way and found refuge in a medical student's apartment.. A loser who had no goals in life barged his way into the life of a busy student's and expected her to take care of him, to solve his problems. A lost child met a girl who opened up his eyes to what it was like to have a passion for something, to work hard towards your dreams. A man who has been lonely for the most of his life learned how to open up his heart..." Baekhyun s his vacant arm around the other side of Jaekyung's waist and held her close. "... and love."
 
Snowflakes began to fall as Baekhyun looked Jaekyung in the eyes. 
 
"Jaekyung, I love you, so so so much. Don't you ever forget that." Jaekyung knew Baekhyun's feelings for her are as strong as the ones she has for him, but to have him put it into words like this brought happy tears to her eyes. 
 
"Baek, I love you too, and don't you ever forget that." Baekhyun didn't ever think that someone as amazing, kind, sweet, lovable and independent like Jaekyung would ever fall for a guy like him, even with his flaws and all. Holding her close, he leaned down and placed his lips over hers, kissing her softly, never wanting this moment to end.