Chapter 40.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Wake up Baekkie Baek~~~”
 
Rubbing his eyes groggily, Baekhyun grabs his phone and laughs before shutting his alarm off. He doesn’t know how he managed to make Jaekyung record an aegyo filled alarm clock for him but he did it and that’s all that matters. After stretching out his limbs stands up and heads straight to the washroom to get ready.
 
 
 
The smell of chocolate, cooked bananas and pancake batter fill the air as Jaekyung starts to wake up. She takes a quick glance at her clock, eight thirty. It’s still early but once Jaekyung wakes up she has a hard time going back to sleep. While yawning she gets out of bed and steps outside, her hair sticking out on its sides. Walking over to the kitchen she chuckles from how Baekhyun looks with her pink hello kitty apron on. He’s humming to Seo inguk and Jung Eunji’s “All for You” while flipping his chocolate banana pancakes, a soft eye smile on his bright face. Jaekyung turns around to get ready but stops when Baekhyun notices her, she didn’t expect that, she isn’t exactly presentable right now.
 
“Morning Jaekyung.” Jaekyung walks over to the kitchen with a sheepish smile on.
 
“Morning Baek.” Baekhyun sets the pancakes on two plates then puts them onto the table.
 
“Did you sleep well last night?” His lips curving up into a knowing smile after he spoke.
 
“Yeah… I think my current state confirms that haha. You?” Baekhyun takes the apron off and puts it away before taking a few steps closer to Jaekyung and wrapping his arms around her.  
 
“Slept like a baby.” Baekhyun brushes Jaekyung nose lightly and gives her a good morning kiss.
 
“Mm, I have morning breath!” Jaekyung scoots back and pushes Baekhyun lightly.
 
“And that’s a problem because?” Jaekyung glowers at Baekhyun then turns on her heels.
 
“I’ll be ready in a few.”
 
“Alrighty Jaekyunggie.”
 
 
 
After Jaekyung got ready and looked fit to be seen she stepped outside of the washroom and took a seat in front of Baekhyun.
 
“Thanks for the breakfast.”
 
“Anything for you, I just hope it tastes alright.”
 
“I’m sure it’s delicious.” Jaekyung grabs her fork and takes a bite out of her pancakes while Baekhyun looked at her anxiously. Jaekyung chews slowly while moving her head side to side, as if she was thinking about what to say before putting her thumbs up. “Perfect.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Mhm, the perfect blend of my favourite fruit, chocolate and buttermilk pancake batter. You should open up a restaurant that specializes in breakfast or a café Baek, I can eat this forever.” Jaekyung spoke lightly and took another bite while Baekhyun thought long and hard about what you said. Hmm… a café?
 
“Glad you like it; do you want some milk with your pancakes?” Baekhyun was about to get up but Jaekyung put her hand on his.
 
“I’ll go get it, two percent milk for you as well right?” Baekhyun nodded and Jaekyung got up from her seat to get the milk. She put her cup down then handed Baekhyun his with both hands and a small bow.
 
“Thank You Jaekyung-shii.”
 
“You’re very welcome Baekhyun-shii.” The two of them joked around and spoke formally only to burst into laughter.
 
“I don’t think that’ll work for us.” Jaekyung took another giant bite of her pancakes then a gulp of her milk.
 
“Me neither, I see so many couples do that but it’s too formal for me. I like calling you Jaekyunggie better.” Jaekyung frowned pointed at Baekhyun with her fork.
 
“I don’t like Jaekyunggie, there has to be a better nickname for me Baek.”
 
“How about honey?”
 
“Gross.”
 
“Sweetie?”
 
“I refuse.”
 
“Cupcake?”
 
“No thanks.”
 
“Babe?”
 
“Yah!”
 
“Jagiya?”
 
“Nah.”
 
“Jaekyung-ah?” Baekhyun said the last part with a slightly raised tone making Jaekyung grin and nod her head.  
 
“I like that one, not too cute and just casual enough like Baek.”  Baekhyun smiled and said it again.
 
“Jaekyung-ah. I like that too.” He can’t get over how Jaekyung refuses to be associated with anything that’s cute when she’s the most adorable human being that Baekhyun knows.
 
“Alright then, Jaekyung-ah it is.” Jaekyung smiled victoriously at successfully getting rid of Jaekyunggie and finished the last of her pancakes. “Do you have any classes today Baek?”
 
“Yeah, but it’s just a night class so I can walk you to school today if you’d like. Or if it’s too cold I’ll call someone to come get us.”
 
“Mm, we can walk.” Baekhyun was hoping she’d say that.
 
“Sounds good to me, when do you have class today?”
 
“Eleven, we’ve got a good hour and a half to kill before we have to head out.” Baekhyun nodded his head then finished the last of his pancakes as well. Jaekyung noticed this and took his plate. She brought both of their plates to the sink and the tap to wash them when Baekhyun stopped the water.
 
“No rubber gloves? Your hands are going to dry out, let me do it.”
 
“It’s fine Baek, I just haven’t found the time to get new ones yet. Two sets of plates, forks and cups won’t hurt.” Baekhyun sighed but took his hands back anyways.
 
“Fine.” Jaekyung turned the tap back on to wash the dishes while Baekhyun watched from the side. He couldn’t help but snake his arm around her waist and rested his chin on her head. “On second thought, I’ll help you wash them like this.”