Chapter 12.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

“Bye noona! You’ll be back again tomorrow right?”

“Bye Unnie!!! We had fun today!”
 
Jaekyung waved goodbye to the kids and headed to the change rooms when Sora tugged on her skirt.
 
“Unnie, are you too busy for bedtime stories again tonight?” Jaekyung felt terrible, with school, volunteering and the addition of Baekhyun in her life she hasn’t found the time to read bedtime stories to Sora. She’s always much too exhausted by the time it’s eleven.
 
“Sorry Sora, unnie has night classes to attend today but I should be able to come by tomorrow night. Are you okay with that?” Sora’s giant eyes held disappointment but she smiled anyways.
 
“Yeah, it’s okay, I know you’re busy.” Jaekyung patted Sora’s head softly and watched as the little girl walked away with her head down.
 
“Don’t feel bad, you have a lot on your plate. I don’t see how you have the time to do all these things anyways. I’m sure other volunteers don’t come here at night to accompany the kids.” Jaekyung looked up at Baekhyun and sighed.
 
“I can’t help it, some of those kids really don’t get the love and attention they need, it’s the least I can do.” Jaekyung opened the door to the change rooms and turned around. “Thanks for trying to make me feel better though, I’ll be out in a few minutes.”
 
Baekhyun looked at Jaekyung then back to the kids, he’s never thought of it that way before.
 
 
 
 
“Hyung! Look there’s no one there and the girl is gone let’s go get him!” Chanyeol’s feet began to move but he’s having second thoughts about this.
 
“Wait.”
 
“What do you mean wait, hyung we have to do this now! Who knows when he’ll be alone again?”
 
“I think it’ll be best for us to wait a little.”
 
“… Why?”
 
“We’re always made fun of for being the worst angels in training and how we’re not doing our job properly. Let’s do what angels are actually supposed to do.”
 
“Then shouldn’t we go get him now?”
 
“No I mean, we’re supposed to guard him and count his good deeds and what not right?”
 
“Yeah…?”
 
“Well, he hasn’t done anything right with his life for a while now. All that kid ever does is complain about his life when he lives in luxury, he skips school when other’s would kill to get the education he does, he ruins his body by drinking and partying with his “friends” and he disrespects his parents. I don’t know about you but I think… that girl can change this about him.”
 
“You have a point hyung but she can do that when he’s back in his body too.”
 
“But… that’s the thing, how else would he be able to spend this type of time with her unless no one else can see him? If we take him back now, he might end up going straight to his old life. I think we should wait. Like Kris said, he’ll be fine since he’s with his soul mate. The only reason we wanted to hurry was because we didn’t want to get in trouble but… I don’t think that’s the main issue here. I think we should set our priorities straight. I mean, hey we’ve been guarding this kid for twenty years now; it’d be nice to see him... I don’t know… change for the better right?” Tao looked up at Chanyeol curiously; he’s not use to his hyung being so serious.
 
“That’s true, alright. Let’s wait but you’re going to have to explain to Kris why we did this.”
 
“Haha, I know. Come on, let’s go.” Chanyeol took one last look at Baekhyun before leaving out the side doors, spreading his wings to fly with Tao.