Chapter 31.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Hello?”
 
“Omma!!!” Jaekyung bursted into tears at the sound of her mother's voice. It's been weeks since they've last spoken with one another. Her parents have been busy with their restaurant lately and haven't been able to pick up her phone calls until just now.
 
“Aigoo, what's wrong Jaekyungie? Why is my precious daughter crying?” Jaekyung sniffled and tried to calm herself down before speaking to her mother.
 
“It's nothing omma, I just wanted to hear your voice.”
 
“Are you sure? It doesn't sound like nothing, are you too stressed from school lately?”
 
“Well, yeah you can say that. It's just a bunch of things combined omma, I'd... rather not talk about it.”
 
“Alright, if that's what you want. So what would you like to talk about instead hmm?”
 
“How are you and appa doing?”
 
“We're fine Jaekyungie don't worry about us. The business at the restaurant is doing well and we're both very healthy, Other than missing you, everything is perfect.” Jaekyung smiled at her mother's words.
 
“That's really good to hear, I miss you guys too. It get's really lonely here in Seoul.” Jaekyung looks around her empty apartment and sighs, it's especially lonely now that Baekhyun isn't here.
 
“Oh my poor daughter, living on your own must be so difficult. When we find good help your father and I will definitely go down there and visit you. We haven't seen you in two years now.”
 
“Please do omma, two years... it's been too long.” Jaekyung feels tears welling up in her eyes again and decides it'd be better to end the conversation here. She needs to calm down before going to class.
 
“Anyways omma, I have classes soon, I hope I didn't bother you.”
 
“No! Of course not! Don't work to hard and make sure to take care of yourself alright? Hwaiting!”
 
“Thank you, I'll be sure to take care of myself, make sure you watch your health as well. I love you omma, bye!”
 
“Omma loves you too, bye Jaekyungie.” The line goes flat as Jaekyung sets her phone down.
 
It's been a week since Baekhyun disappeared, every day Jaekyung goes to school, volunteers then visits him for an hour. She had considered telling her mother about this but quickly decided against that after picking up the phone. She'll have to figure this out herself.
 
With a heavy sigh Jaekyung slips her shoes on and heads to the hospital. Jaekyung can't even remember the last time she had a Saturday like this one, no classes, no volunteering and no homework... but sadly, no Baekhyun to spend her free time with as well.
 
The bus ride to the hospital was quiet, Jaekyung's usually bright face is hidden underneath dull looking eyes and pale skin. Her dark black hair is let down and tucked behind her ear as she stares out the window. The moment she arrived at the hospital she exchanged greetings with the kids and those who knew her before going straight to Baekhyun's room. His mother isn't there this time.
 
“Hey, Baek. I hope you're doing okay.” Jaekyung sets her bag down and takes a seat on the chair, taking a good look at Baekhyun. She chuckles lightly at the stubble on his chin. His mother must not have come at all today, she usually helps him with the shaving.
 
“Hmm, since noona is awesome, how about I help make you look presentable?”
 
Jaekyung grabs the razor and shaving cream sitting inside the cabinet of Baekhyun's washroom. She places the items onto the table next to Baekhyun's bed before pouring warm water into a class cup. She takes a towel and dabs it into the water, wetting Baekhyun's face gently. Pressing the nozzle of the shaving cream with her right hand, Jaekyung uses her left hand to spread it across his face. Once she finishes she takes the razor and begins her work. It was an idea to help Baekhyun out at first but as she got closer and closer to Baekhyun's lips she couldn't help but notice how perfectly shaped they were. She bit her lips and wondered if hers looked as attractive as Baekhyun's. Jaekyung continues to glide the blade lightly across Baekhyun's lower chin, ignoring the fact that she had been staring at his lips a little too long. When the blade reaches the upper lip though, she can't help but find the tiny mole on above Baekhyun's lips adorable. She never really noticed it much before and she's wondering why she's paying attention to these minor details now. She shakes her hand and places the razor on the only spot left when she feels a hand wrap around her wrist. She lets out a shocked gasp at this drops the razor in her hand in the process. Luckily, it felt to the side of Baekhyun's pillow and not on his face.
 
“What are you doing?” Jaekyung's eyes enlarge and she feels her heartbeat race. Without answering Baekhyun's question she throws her arms around him and pulls him into a tight hug.
 
“You're awake! Baek!! You're really awake! I was so worried about you!” Baekhyun looks up at the figure hugging him and chuckles inwardly. He's so glad to be back. He tries to hug Jaekyung back but his arms are sore and weak from staying motionless for so long.
 
“Ah.” Baekhyun flinches as the pain crawls up his entire arm.
 
“Oh my gosh, are you okay? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, I was just so worried and you woke up out of no where and I didn't know what to do and I shouldn't have hugged you so hard and I-” Ignoring the pain, Baekhyun pulls Jaekyung against his body and places a gentle kiss on her lips. Jaekyung pulls away immediately and puts her fingers onto her lips. Her cheeks flushed pink and her eyes decided to focus on the floor. She takes a few deep breaths before looking at an equally flushed Baekhyun. That was real right? He's... really back. Jaekyung's eyes begins to water and before she knows it, tears are flowing down her face.
 
“W-why are you crying? Is it because I kissed you? I'm sorry! I was able to hear the things you said to me while I was unconcious and I... I thought you... felt the same way about me that I felt about you so I just did that on an impulse. You looked so cute while you were flustered, I couldn't help myself! I'm sorry noona.” Baekhyun looked at the crying Jaekyung helplessly, afraid that he had just ruined their friendship through this reckless act. He was hoping she'd say something.
 
“A-are you mad at me?” Jaekyung shook her head before hugging him again, crying much too hard to speak properly but Baekhyun understood her anyways, his tense face relaxing at the words that left .
 
“You're *sniff* actually here in front of me right now right? This *sniff* isn't a dream right?” Jaekyung's face was buried into Baekhyun's chest as she continued to cry, the awkward teen her back lightly in an attempt to stop her tears.
 
“Yeah, I'm actually here, it's not a dream.” Jaekyung hugged Baekhyun tighter this time.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yes really.”
 
The two remained in the others embrace for who knows how long, Jaekyung crying tears of joy while Baekhyun smiled like child who was given a months worth of candy.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got food poisoning =(. Currently sitting around at the hotel by myself while my family is having fun here in Hong Kong, good thing I brought my laptop haha. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'm sure many of you have been waiting for Baekhyun to finally wake up and to finally kiss Jaekyung! I apologize for any grammatical errors and such btw, my medication makes me sleepy XP