Chapter 25.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

Rubbing her eyes lightly, Jaekyung grabs her towel and clothes and heads to the washroom to take a nice warm bath. It’s been a while since she’s had a free day from volunteering as well as late morning classes. She grabs her bubble bath and pours it into the tub as it begins to fill with water. Jaekyung runs her hands through the water, making sure it felt just right before taking her clothes off and stepping inside. She lies down and sighs in content; it feels good to relax for once. Although Jaekyung is still in shock from the recent events that occurred over the past few days she decided to take Baekhyun up on his advice. Stressing over her worries won’t fix the problem, if anything; it’ll only make matters worse for herself and those around her. With her eye’s closed Jaekyung leans her head back onto the wall, humming to her favourite songs.
 
 
Baekhyun’s alarm rings and startles him. He hasn’t set an alarm for himself since middle school. With a groan, Baekhyun gets up and slams his palm onto the top of the clock to shut it off. For a split second Baekhyun forgot why he set an alarm for eight in the morning but quickly regains his composure and sprints to the washroom. Jaekyung doesn’t have classes until ten so that gives him time to get ready and make breakfast. As Baekhyun grabs the doorknob his hands go transparent again, causing his hand to go through and unlocking the door in the process.
 
“What th-” Baekhyun was stunned when his hands when through the door but the screaming that came after he stepped inside stunned him even more.
 
“Ahhhhhhhhh!” Baekhyun frantically threw his hands over his eyes the moment he realized Jaekyung was inside.
 
“I’m so sorry noona! I don’t know what happened! I didn’t know you were in here!” Baekhyun was bowing as he apologized, completely surprised at the sight he saw just now.
 
“Baek! Just go outside! What are you doing?!?!” Jaekyung threw her hands over her chest as she pointed to the door. Thank goodness there were bubbles and foam to cover the rest of her body.
 
“Huh? Oh right! Sorry! Leaving right away!” Baekhyun turned around and closed the door as he stepped outside. That did not go as planned.
 
After Baekhyun left the washroom Jaekyung lifted the tubs plug and rinsed herself off. She swore that she locked the door but shook her head while putting her clothes back on. Must have forgotten to. Jaekyung’s face was still a light pink as she stood in front of the door, her hands touched the door knob lightly but she was much too embarrassed to turn it. This is the second time Baekhyun has seen her not wearing anything. Taking in a deep breath Jaekyung opens the door to a flushed Baekhyun waiting outside. They both clear their throats at the same time unsure of what they should say after a situation like that.
 
“I... um…” Jaekyung tried to initiate the conversation first but she was at lost for words.
 
“I’m really sorry noona; I didn’t think that you would be awake so early since you don’t have classes until ten. I should have been more careful.” Baekhyun scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.
 
“It’s okay, it was my fault to have left the door unlocked… We’ll just pretend that never happened just like the first time right?” Baekhyun cocked his head to the side.
 
“Just like the first time?” Baekhyun’s right hand rested on his chin as he went through the memories he had here. One in particular stood out, he remembers hearing Jaekyung noona scream and seeing a mop of long hair getting up and disappearing. “Oh! That!” Baekhyun’s faced turned another three shades darker, he didn’t even realize what he saw back then.
 
“You didn’t know did you?” Baekyun shook his head.
 
“Great, so I was the only one feeling awkward that day? That explains everything!” Jaekyung ruffled her wet hair in annoyance, causing Baekyun to crack a smile.
 
“It’s okay noona; there wasn’t anything to see anyways!” Baekhyun tried to lighten up the mood but used the wrong word choices.
 
“There wasn’t anything to see? Yah! Byun Baek Hyun! For your information I am still an adult female with a decent bod-”
 
“No! I didn’t mean that noona! I meant I didn’t see anything, your bubble bath covered everything and I covered my eyes the moment I realized you were in there!” Jaekyung’s mouth snapped shut after hearing what Baekhyun had to say.
 
“Oh.”
 
“But please do finish your sentence noona, you were saying?” Jaekyung grew flustered now that their situation has flipped.
 
“Never mind, just pretend I never said anything. What are you doing up so early anyways?”
 
“Ah right! I was planning to make breakfast for the two of us before you woke up but eh… yeah, that didn’t really go as planned.”
 
“Aww that’s so sweet of you Baek! How about we just make pancakes together instead then? I feel like eating chocolate chip pancakes right now.” Almost as if the incident that occurred in the washroom never happened, Jaekyung and Baekhyun made their way to the kitchen and got all their tools and ingredients ready.
 
The two of them spent the next half an hour laughing and joking around while making their batter.
 
“That’s too much!” Baekhyun grabbed the bag of chocolate chips from Jaekyung’s hands and put it behind his back.
 
“It tastes better that way though!” Jaekyung pouted and stared at the bag in Baekhyun’s hands. Baekhyun looked down at his noona’s cute expression and caved in. He couldn’t help it.
 
“Fine, you must really like chocolate or something.” Jaekyung smiled brightly and nodded her head.
 
“If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it’d be chocolate.” Baekhyun shivered at the thought.
 
“That’s disgusting.” Jaekyung flashed him a glare and but stopped pouring the chocolate chips into the batter and grabbed a separate bowl. She poured half the batter into that bowl and filled it with the amount of chocolate chips she liked.
 
“There. Still as whiny as ever Baek.” Jaekyung the stove and grabbed a pan, waiting for it to heat up.
 
Me whiny? Noona, you seem to have mistaken something here. Weren’t you the one whining about not having enough chocolate chips just now?”
 
“Yeah, but I solved the problem now didn’t I?” Baekhyun opened his mouth to retaliate but Jaekyung already turned around to grab two plates. “Do you want me making you three giant pancakes or six little ones?”
 
“Six little ones.”