Chapter 10.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

“Baekhyun! If you’re coming to volunteer with me you better go get ready now! I have night classes today so I have to do my shift in the morning!” Jaekyung was making pancakes and eggs for breakfast as she called out to Baekhyun, she had assumed that Baekhyun would get up on his own but she thought wrong. Jaekyung continued to flipped her pancake and listened for the signs of Baekhyun getting up but all she heard was the sizzling of her stove.

 
“BAEKHYUN!” A loud thump came from the living room before Jaekyung heard a groaning Baekhyun.
 
“Ugh… My face…. Owww.” Jaekyung couldn’t help but laugh at Baekhyun’s pain as she finished the last of the pancakes.
 
“Breakfast is ready!” She set the two plates down and went over to the living room to check on Baekhyun, he was lying face down on the floor with his blankets all over the place.
 
“Baekyun, stop being a baby and get up.”
 
“Ugh... noona, I’m dying. How do you get up so early? Ugh… I’m so tired and now my face hurts cause of you. Why did you scream?” Jaekyung crouched over and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.
 
“Cause you said you wanted to go to the hospital with me today, now get up before I drag you up by the ear.”  Baekhyun’s eyes shot open at her remark.
 
“Okay, okay, I’m up. Violence is never the answer noona, violence is never the answer.” Jaekyung shook her head at the kid in front of her before getting up.
 
“Hurry up, your breakfast is going to get cold.”
 
 
 
 
“Tao! Do you feel that?!” Chanyeol’s wings began to tingle as he flew over an apartment building by the hospital.
 
“Feel what?”
 
“THAT!” Chanyeol could see Tao’s wings glow when they landed on the roof.
 
“Woah, Chanyeol your wings are glowing!”
 
“That’s what I was talking about! Baekhyun must be nearby then. How did we not sense him before? I’ve flown around here so many times.”
 
“Don’t ask me, I know just as much as you do.”
 
“That was a rhetorical question Tao…”
 
The two angels decided to fly around the building to see if they could get a sense of where Baekhyun was.
 
“Chanyeol! He’s down there!” Tao spotted Baekhyun walking out the front doors behind a female with her hair tied up.
 
“We need to follow them, if Kris is right that girl should be his soul mate. She’ll be able to see us with him around!”
 
“And what’s wrong with that? Let’s just go get him!”
 
“Tao… look at me. We have wings and silver halos above our heads, I don’t know about you but I’m pretty sure that human girl will freak out if she sees us.”
 
“Eh… right.”
 
“We need to follow them slowly and find the right time to get Baekhyun back, stay behind me.”
 
Chanyeol and Tao followed Baekhyun and Jaekyung from above; the clouds hid them just in case Jaekyung ever decided to look up.
 
“They’re… going to the hospital.” Chanyeol tugged onto Tao’s arms and pointed at the side door.
 
“We’ll go through here first.” Tao nodded and followed Chanyeol, the two of them made sure that Baekhyun’s soul mate wouldn’t see them as they approached the side door.
 
“Where did they go?” Tao looked around the vicinity and the two were nowhere to be found.
 
“Crap, they must be in one of the change rooms. We need to find them, let’s go.”
 
 
 
 
Jaekyung made sure to keep quiet when Baekhyun talked to her, people would definitely think that she was insane if she were to reply.
 
“How are you still smiling noona? That kid just puked all over you.” Jaekyung flashed Baekhyun a quick glare before returning to her smiling self, cleaning up the mess Hyunwoo just made.
 
“Hyunwoo, what did I say about running after you eat hmm?”
 
“Sorry Jaekyung noona, I just really wanted to go play.”
 
“You can wait a couple minutes can’t you? Now we have to go get you cleaned up before you can comeback outside. Make sure you don’t do this again okay?”
 
“Okay.”
 
“You promise?” Jaekyung held out her pinky to the six year old boy in front of her.
 
“Pinky promise.” Jaekyung couldn’t stay angry at Hyunwoo, she smiled brightly before picking him up.
 
“Let’s get you inside and change out of these nasty clothes.”
 
Jaekyung made her way back into the hospital with a dazed Baekhyun following behind her. Baekhyun stared at Jaekyung in awe, he’s never see this side to her before. She… She looked like an angel. The way the sun was shining on her smiling face as she took care of the child was absolutely mesmerizing. It was like she turned into a whole other person. What happened to the monster that threatened to pull my ears this morning?