Chapter 32.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

After calming down and coming to her senses, Jaekyung wipes the tears off of her face and sits up straight. The atmosphere surrounding her and Baekhyun changes into an awkward silence. It takes the light clearing of Jaekyung's throat to capture Baekhyun's attention.
 
“I... uh... I'm so sorry about that Baek. I was just really worried when you disappeared out of nowhere, you took me by surprise just now.” That's when it hit her, Baekhyun... has feelings for her. She was much too occupied with the fact that he had woken up to register the fact that he had confessed after kissing her. Although not in the most romantic way he still did and she didn't know what to do about that. Does... she like him back the same way too?
 
Baekhyun cocked his head to the side and looked at Jaekyung curiously, her sentence trailed off and he couldn't hear her.
 
“It's okay, I was worried about you too, it's not like my arm is broken or anything.” Baekhyun flexed his arm to prove his point only to further injure his sore muscles. “Ah.” Jaekyung reacts without thinking and quickly grabs onto Baekhyun's arms.
 
“Stop fooling around! You're going to hurt yourself.” Pulling up his sleeves, Jaekyung inspects Baekhyun's arms to make sure he didn't pull anything. After double checking and confirming that his muscles were merely stiff, she let out a sigh of relief and let go of his arm, completely unaware of the look on Baekhyun's face.
 
“Sorry...”
 
“It's okay, just be careful alright?” Jaekyung looked up and Baekhyun nodded his head. This was then followed by another moment of silence before Baekhyun decided to speak up.
 
“Noona, what I said earlier about my feelings for you... I wasn't kidding. I kissed you because I really do like you and I know it sounds crazy but these two angels kept calling you my soul mate and I believe that, I really really do. I don't know if you still see me as a child but I can promise that I have grown from my immature ways. Being with you has changed me for the better and I... I just wanted you to know that.” Jaekyung couldn't believe her ears as she listened to Baekhyun's words. Never in her life has she had someone confess to her in such a sweet manner. She felt butterflies in her stomach and realized that yes, she did in fact have the same feelings for Baekhyun.
 
“Baek, that was really sweet. I really missed you while you were gone and you've made a huge impact in my life as well. You were definitely immature when we first met but you've changed and I could tell. You made me happy and brought sunlight into my dim life... and.. well... I..”
 
Jaekyung bit her bottom lip lightly and looked up at the wide eyed Baekhyun. The look on his face made her heart skip a beat.
 
“And...” Jaekyung closed her eye's tight and took in a deep breath before continuing. “Ilikeyoutoo.” Baekhyun froze completely, a sweet smile appearing on his face. It took him a few seconds before he fully registered what Jaekyung had just said.
 
“Y-You do?!” Jaekyung giggled at his reaction and nodded her head. Despite Jaekyung's previous scolding Baekhyun got up and threw his arms around Jaekyung, pulling her into a tight hug.
 
“You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that.”
 
 
 
 
“Aww look at those two! That's adorable!” Tao pointed at Baekhyun and Jaekyung from afar while Chanyeol smiled, a still faced Kris standing next to them.
 
“Ahh way to go Baekhyun!” Tao and Chanyeol then turned to Kris, tugging onto his arm while waiting for some sort of response.
 
“Aren't they just perfect for each other?” Tao agreed with Chanyeol whole heartedly then looked up at Kris. Still nothing.
 
“Kris?” Like always, Tao is the first to actually initiate a conversation with Kris.
 
“Yes, they're absolutely adorable together. Can you guys stopped pulling at my arm now?” Chanyeol and Tao both let go of Kris at the same time, an awkward chuckle escaping their mouths.
 
“Sorry about that, Tao and I were just really excited.”
 
“Yeah! We finally did something right!” Chanyeol threw his hand over Tao's mouth. Tao just admitted that the two of them never do anything right. Although it's true that they tend to screw things up they've always followed the rules and tried their best to do no harm. They should be awarded for their efforts at least... right?
 
The corner of Kris's mouth curved up into a small smile while looking at the couple in front of him and listening to the two rowdy angels beside him.
 
“Come on guys, let's go. The two of you have a lot of work to do now that Baekhyun's awake again.”  
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
My apologies for another short chapter! The story was supposed to end around here but since I decided to extend the story I had to change some things around which resulted in this completely random fluffly chapter before the plot continues again haha.