Chapter 45.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

 
“So what is it that you need help with Jaekyung?”
 
“The mittens omoni! I finished making his scarf and sweater but the mittens aren’t turning out right.” Jaekyung whipped her backpack forward and pulled out the half done brown mittens. “I can’t seem to shape the thumbs properly.” Jaekyung passed the mittens to Baekhyun’s mother so that she could have a quick look at it.
 
“It’s looking really good but I think the problem lays in the hoops your making, they’re too large. If you tighten them a little more as you go it’ll look just fine.” Baekhyun’s mother then proceeded to show Jaekyung just how much she needs to tug before hooking the next strand onto her knitting needle. “Here, try doing that once okay?” Jaekyung nodded and attempted to mimic the way Baekhyun’s mother did it.
 
“Like that?”
 
“Yes! Precisely, that’s perfect. You’ll have to pull out some of the parts you’ve done already to touch it up but that shouldn’t take too long. Did you bring the scarf and sweater as well?”
 
“Yep, I’ll take them out now.” Jaekyung pulls out a giant white scarf and a blue and white sweater.
 
“They’re beautiful Jaekyung! Baekhyun’s going to love them.” Jaekyung blushed as she pulled out the set she made for herself.
 
“You think so? Thank you Omoni. I hope he doesn’t think it’s cheesy that I made us a couple winter set.” Jaekyung set her red and white sweater, gray scarf and white hat down onto her thighs then folded Baekhyun set nicely to put them away together into her back pack.
 
“I think it’s adorable Jaekyung, Baekhyun’s a cheesy type of guy, he’ll love this for sure. Just one thing though, it’s a couple set but he doesn’t have a hat to go with yours.”
 
“Oh! Yeah, I’m going to get him ear muffs instead omoni, Baekhyun doesn’t like it when his hair gets messy.” Baekhyun’s mother giggled and put her hand on top of Jaekyung’s.
 
“Ah of course, you’d know best Jaekyung.” Jaekyung smiled and bit her lips anticipating Baekhyun’s reaction to the Christmas gift she’s making him. Her studies have gotten her quite busy but now that her winter break has started she’ll have more time to touch them up. There’s still a week left before Christmas and she’s determined to make sure the couple set looks perfect by then.
 
“Lunch is ready!!!!” Jaekyung and Baekhyun’s mother laughed as Baekhyun’s voice sounded throughout the house.
 
“Come on let’s go Jaekyung.” Jaekyung set her back pack down and headed to the kitchen with Baekhyun’s mother.
 
Jaekyung walked into the kitchen to the sight of Baekhyun placing shrimp tempuras onto three bowls of with a light blue apron on, a look of concentration on his face. He doesn’t want the tempura’s to get soggy so they have to be placed carefully. Jaekyung smiled and walked over to Baekhyun, pinching his sides the moment he finished.
 
“Ahh! Yahh, Jaekyung-ah.” Baekhyun rubbed his sides lightly and glared at his giggling girlfriend.
 
“Mianhe, I just had to.” Jaekyung wrapped her arms around Baekhyun and helped him pull of the strings to his apron. “You look too cute in this.” Baekhyun’s mother looked at the two kids in amusement; oh they should just get married already.
 
“Tsk, fine I’ll let you go this one time. Come on; let’s eat our foods going to get cold.” Baekhyun pulled the chair out for Jaekyung then took a seat next to hers, facing his mother.
 
“I hope you guys like the udon, thought it’d be a good lunch to make on such a cold winter day.”
 
“I’m sure Jaekyung would love anything you make her Baekhyun.”
 
“Omoni!” Jaekyung’s face flushed while Baekhyun’s took a chopstick into her hands.
 
“I’m just stating the truth Jaekyung.” Baekhyun’s mother then dug into the udon her son made while Baekhyun smiled elatedly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
When the three of them finished eating their lunches Baekhyun excused himself from the table and went towards the fridge.
 
“What are you doing Baek?”
 
“Just getting our dessert.” Baekhyun pulled out the white box which contains the strawberry shortcake he made and placed it onto the table in front of Jaekyung. “A reward for all the hard work you put into studying.”
 
“Hmm, for me?” Jaekyung opened the box and peered inside curiously. “Oh! Aww Baek, you shouldn’t have!” Baekhyun’s mother leaned over and helped her get the cake out of the box slowly while Jaekyung got up and gave Baekhyun a hug. “Thank you.”
 
“You’re welcome Jaekyung-ah.” Baekhyun then grabbed three plates, forks and a knife from the drawers about to cut the cake when his mother stopped him.
 
“Why don’t you let Jaekyung do it since you made it for her?”
 
“Oh right, good idea omma.” Baekhyun passed the knife to the smiling Jaekyung and watched as she cut the cake in a delicate manner. She gave the first piece to Baekhyun’s mother, the second to Baekhyun then the last one to herself.
 
“Let’s put the rest back into the fridge so abeoji can have some when he gets home tonight.” Baekhyun took the cake and placed it into the box before setting it into the fridge.
 
“Alright, let’s dig in!” Baekhyun watched Jaekyung intently as she took the first bite out of the cake he made.
 
“Mmm! This is delicious Baek!” Baekhyun felt his heart warm up at the expression displayed on his girlfriend’s face and took a bite out of his to see if it really was in fact delicious.
 
“Yes it really is quite delicious Baekhyun, good job. I was wondering what that box was.”
 
“Thank you Jaekyung-ah, thank you omma I’m glad you guys like it.”
 
“Like it? I love it Baek.” Jaekyung took another giant bite out of her cake, a small layer of whipping cream stuck to her face as she chewed away happily. Baekhyun chuckled at her messy eating habit and swiped his thumb across her upper lip.
 
“Aigoo, our Jaekyunggie is so messy.” 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys~! I'm basing the dates of the Korean school semesters from a site I found so I'm not a 100% sure if they're correct but I'm assuming that they're pretty close haha. Anyways for those of you who are interested this is what their "couple set" looks like. The mittens and earmuffs are missing but this is the gist of what I was imagining lol.