Epilogue.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Appa!” A five year old Jihye sprinted towards her father in excitement while her two baby sitters Sora and Hyunwoo frantically ran after the little ball of energy. Jihye jumped up the moment she reached her father and threw herself against his chest, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck. He smiled at the two babysitters and nodded his head towards a seat in the back; he had their usual prepared already. When the two left he turned his attention back to his little girl.
 
“Aigoo, Jihye-ah, what did appa say about running in the café hmm?” Jihye pouted with her eyebrows scrunched but proceeded to recite her father’s words while imitating his raspy voice.
 
“There are workers carrying hot coffee and customers enjoying their treats, I can get a oo if I run into the workers and ruin the at.. um.. at-“
 
“Atmosphere.”
 
“Oh right! Atmosphere for the customers.”
 
“So you do remember, don’t do it again okay?”
 
“Okay, I won’t.”
 
“Promise?” Jihye sighed and held out her pinky to hook around her father’s.
 
“I promise.”
 
“Good girl, appa has to get back to work so finish your lunch with Sora and Hyunwoo first alright? I’ll be done soon.”
 
“Okay.” Jihye hopped off her father’s arms and was about to run towards the table when she felt a chill on her back, she turned around and was greeted by her father’s stern eyes. Her little shoulders rose while her head tucked down at the sensation, with a deep sigh she walked slowly towards her two babysitters who were (in Jihye’s opinion) making googly eyes at each other.
 
“Unnie, Oppa you guys are doing that again.” Jihye grabbed a seat next to Sora and started to eat the tuna sandwich that her father made her.
 
“Doing what?” Sora looked over at Jihye with her head cocked to the side.
 
“You guys just stare at each other, it’s so weird.” Sora’s cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink while Hyunwoo coughed awkwardly.
 
“It’s nothing that you have to worry about Jihye.” Jihye shrugged her shoulders at Hyunwoo’s words and took another bite out of her sandwich. Teenagers are so weird.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Thank you two so much for taking care of Jihye for me, I’m sure you guys would much rather spend your Sundays hanging out with your friends or something.”
 
“Don’t worry about it oppa, you and Jaekyung unnie took care of the two of us when we were around that age as well. Plus, it’s not like we have much to do on Sunday afternoons, it’s only four hours and Jihye is a great kid.”
 
“Haha alright, thank you guys so much, enjoy the rest of your weekend.” Baekhyun waved goodbye to the two teens with his right hand while holding Jihye’s smaller ones in his left. He smiled as Sora and Hyunwoo bickered while walking off, it reminded him of how he and Jaekyung use to act around one another back when they first met.
 
“Appa. Appa? Appa!!” Baekhyun shook his head and looked down at his daughter.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Let’s go! Omma’s birthday cake is going to turn yucky!” Baekhyun chuckled at Jihye’s facial expression and nodded his head.
 
“Yeah, let’s go.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Doctor Byun, why are you still here? You’re off early today!” Jaekyung looked up at Doctor Kim then at the clock.
 
“Ah, right! Thank you for reminding me, I was so absorbed into my paper work that I forgot about the time.” Doctor Kim shook his head and smiled at his hoobae.
 
“You work too hard; enjoy some time off today okay?” Doctor Kim was about to leave the room but his heel at the last moment and placed a card on Jaekyung’s table. “And happy birthday Jaekyung!” Jaekyung took the card into her hands and laughed at the ridiculous amount of cats on the card.
 
“Thanks Minseok sunbae, I can’t believe you still remember this.”
 
“What? The fact that we all thought you’d end up overworking yourself and becoming a cat lady?  Who knew you’d be the first out of us to get married.” Jaekyung chuckled while shrugging her shoulders.
 
“Things just kind of happened.”
 
“Haha well, I hope you have fun tonight with your family. Say hi to Baekhyun and Jihye for me.”
 
“Will do! Thank you for the card sunbae.” Jaekyung took off her white lab coat and set aside her paper work. She made sure her room was organized and that she had completed her days work before making a detour to the children’s ward before leaving. It’s the first time Jaekyung has left work with the sun still up on a Sunday; she definitely wasn’t used to this.
 
Jaekyung checked up on the student doctors she was in charge of real quick and double checked with the nurses taking the night shift regarding a few of her new patients. Jaekyung was in the middle of talking to Soyeon when her leg got attacked by two arms.
 
“Happy Birthday Omma!!!” Jaekyung looked down at her daughter with her eyes lighting up.
 
“Thank you sweetie.” Jaekyung crouched down and pointed at her cheeks to get a quick kiss from Jihye before getting up again. “Sorry about that Soyeon, you were saying?”
 
“Haha it’s fine, you go enjoy your day off! I’ve got this, have you forgotten that I’ve been working here since before you became Doctor Byun?”
 
“Right, right sorry Soyeon. Well then, I’ll be going haha.”
 
“Bye Jaekyung, happy birthday.” Soyeon gave Jaekyung a quick hug and waved at Jihye and Baekhyun before leaving Jaekyung with her family.
 
“What are you guys doing here? I thought I said I’d be home early.” Baekhyun wrapped right arm around his wife’s waist and held onto Jihye’s hand with his left. He gave her a quick peck on the cheek then proceeded to answering her question.
 
“I know, but I also knew that you’d end up forgetting the time and staying here to make sure everything was organized before leaving.” Jaekyung smiled and returned Baekhyun’s kiss.
 
“You know me too well.”
 
“Of course.” Baekhyun’s gaze lingered on Jaekyung’s bright smile before shifting his attention to their little girl. She was shaking his hands frantically.
 
“Can we go now?! Omma’s cake is going to turn yucky!”
 
Jaekyung and Baekhyun laughed at Jihye’s whining and nodded their head in unison.
 
“Alright, let’s go home sweetie.”
 
 
 
 
 
Kris watched the Byun’s from afar with a small smile resting on his face. Who knew that the man standing in front of him is the exact same boy who used to cause him and his two best friends’ a terrible headache? With a notebook in hand, Kris jotted down some notes next to the name “Byun Jihye” and took one last look at the three smiling Byun’s before setting off. 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------
 
And this marks the official end of "Seeing Through Her Eyes". This story has been quite the journey for me. I had initially planned for a short story with 20-25 chapters but the story itself and the feedback I received from you guys made me so happy that I couldn't help but extend the story. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. Thank You Guys soooo much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed the ending as well as the Epilogue. I know I said I'd include the angels (as in Tao and Chanyeol) but after going through the last three chapters, I like how their ending included the two bickering in Baekhyun's home. I ended up feeling that Kris needed something special and came up with this haha. Anyways, thank you guys once again, I love you guys! 
 
And a big thank you to Ai_Hasu for nominating my story in the AFF EXO Awards! I didn't think that any of my stories would be nominated so I'm super happy that you liked my story enough to do so. Thank You~! <3