Chapter 33.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
 
Two weeks later
 
 
“Jaekyung can you help me with these?” Jaekyung sets the warm water in her hands down and hurries over to help Baekhyun’s mother.
 
“Oh yeah of course Mrs. Byun, here I’ll take these to the car first.” Jaekyung takes the bag of Baekhyun’s toiletries they brought from home to the hospital and heads to the parking lot out back. The moment Baekhyun’s driver sees her he grabs the bag and puts it into the trunk. Usually Jaekyung would do everything on her own but she’s gotten use to this. She was weirded out at first when Baekhyun’s driver showed up at the front of her apartment to drive her to school but she accepted Baekhyun’s kind gesture anyway. It saved her quite a bit of time in the mornings.
 
“Thank You Mr. Park, it’ll only be a few more minutes before I come back with Baekhyun and Mrs. Byun.”
 
“You’re very welcome Jaekyung-shi and… don’t you mean omoni?” Jaekyung’s face heated up and she shook her hands frantically.
 
“Oh no, Baekhyun and I… we’re um… we’re not official yet.” Jaekyung began to play with the hem of her shirt, a terrible habit of hers that occurs whenever she felt nervous or flustered.
 
“Really? Sorry, I just thought...”
 
“Don’t worry about it, I know what you mean. He just never officially asked me to be his girlfriend yet, if he assumes we’re together just because of his confession then he’s got it all wrong.” Jaekyung flashed Mr. Park a small smile before waving goodbye and heading back into the hospital.
 
“Baekhyun ah hurry up! Jaekyung is waiting for us, she took the bags to the car already!”
 
“I’m almost done omma! My muscles are still sore so it takes me a while to get changed!” Jaekyung giggled as she walked into the room.
 
“Baek can you please hurry up? I’m really hungry and I’m sure Mrs. Byun is as well. We’ve been helping you with your hospital documents and packing your things all morning.” Baekhyun’s mother was left amazed when she hears a loud crash, the sound of zipping jeans and the door flying open.
 
“Done! Come on, let’s go grab you some lunch, you must be starving.” Baekhyun’s mother shakes her head but smiles at the scene before her nonetheless. As Baekhyun reaches out for Jaekyung’s hand to hold though, Jaekyung turns around and wraps her arm around his mother’s arm.
 
“Mrs. Byun, what do you want for lunch?” Baekhyun pouts in frustration and crosses his arm. He’s been trying to hold her hand and hug her for the past fourteen days but she keeps avoiding him. The only time they had skin ship was when she helped him with his physical therapy. She spent all her free time at the hospital, helping him get water and food when he needed it and helped support him while walking as well but she refused any other form of skin ship and Baekhyun had no idea why.
 
“Anything is fine with me, how about you Jaekyung ah? You’ve been such a great help, you can decide.” Jaekyung smiled and put a finger next to .
 
“Mmm, pasta! Do you like pasta Mrs. Byun?” Baekhyun’s mother laughed and nodded her head.
 
“Yes yes, in fact I love pasta and I know just the place for us.” Baekhyun watched in shock at the aegyo Jaekyung had while talking to his mother. Why doesn’t she act like this in front of him?
 
 
Baekhyun trailed behind as the two females in his life walked together, laughing and talking without him. Jaekyung took a peek behind her and held back her giggle at Baekhyun’s slouching form.
 
“Jaekyung ah, can I ask why you’re purposely leaving Baekhyun behind?” Jaekyung simply pointed at Baekhyun and his mother knew why right away. “Haha oh my poor son, he looks like such a child right now.”
 
“It’s cute though…” Jaekyung blushed when she realized what she just said in front of Baekhyun’s mother causing her to chuckle.
 
“Oh young love.” Baekhyun's mother felt happy knowing a girl as amazing as Jaekyung is here for her son. Jaekyung blushed at Baekhyun's mother's comment. She bit her lip and took another peek at her soon to be boyfriend.
 
“Baek, what are you doing back there all by yourself? Hurry up!” Jaekyung pointed at his mother’s other arm as she spoke. Baekhyun’s face lit up and took hold of his mother’s arm.
 
“Yah, why is that you only show affection towards your own mother when Jaekyung tells you to?” Baekhyun’s mother spoke in faux anger but broke into a smile when he kissed her cheek. It’s been a while since her son has acted this way with her. She reminds herself to thank Jaekyung for this later.
 
“Sorry omma, you know I love you though right? You can’t stay mad at your adorable son all day!” Jaekyung scoffed and rolled her eyes.
 
“I can’t believe you just called yourself adorable Baek.”
 
“What? You know it’s true, you’re thinking it as well don’t deny it.”
 
“No I’m not.” Baekhyun faked a hurt expression and clutched onto his heart.
 
“Ouch, that hurts Jaekyunggie.”
 
“Stop being such a drama queen. And Jaekyunggie? It’s noona to you mister.”
 
“Nope, it’s Jaekyunggieeee.”
 
“No, it sounds really weird Baek. I don’t like it, call me noona again instead.”
 
“How about babo? I think it suits you better than noona, you’re not that much older than me anyways.”
 
“Yah! Byun Baek Hyun!”  
 
Baekhyun’s mother shook her head as the two youngsters next to her bickered.
 
“Come on you two, we’re there. Let’s just get into the car and act like the civilized people we are alright?”