Chapter 38.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
 
Unwillingly Baekhyun broke the kiss and smiled at the way Jaekyung looked up at him. She’s so beautiful.
 
“Come on Jaekyunggie, let’s get you home.”
 
“I’ll let that slide just this once.” Referring to the nickname she absolutely detests, Jaekyung simply puts her hand back into Baekhyun’s as they walk home together.
 
“You know, as much as I love my bed, I really miss sleeping on this couch.” Baekhyun took a seat on the couch and waited for Jaekyung as she made them hot chocolate.
 
“Well, you’ll have to wait a bit before you get to sleep on that couch again.”
 
“And why is that? I slept on here every day for a month!”
 
“But that’s different, we weren’t dating back then and you had no place to stay. It’s not that I don’t trust you Baek, but… it’s not right for you to stay overnight at my place. I’m sure my father would be glad to fly down here and take care of you if you ever plan to do so.” Baekhyun shivered at the thought, he’s never met Jaekyung’s father but the authority and power in his voice when they phoned him scared Baekhyun beyond belief.
 
“Wait… You said it’ll be a bit before I can sleep on that couch again and not that I won’t ever so… Are you implying that you want us to get married soon? You do know that you’d be moving in with me right? Though, I guess we could use your furniture; you have a better eye for those things anyways. Right Jaekyunggie?” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows as he spoke.
 
“I-I… um… One question at a time Baek!” Jaekyung pouted and set their hot chocolates down while Baekhyun pulled her down to sit next to him on the couch.
 
 
“Haha, I’m just kidding, you don’t have to answer those. Not yet at least.” Jaekyung took a sip of her hot chocolate then got up abruptly.
 
“I’ll be right back.” Jaekyung sprints into her room then comes out with a notebook and pen. Baekhyun eye’s the items in her hands curiously.
 
“What’s that for?”
 
“To write down all your interests.”
 
“Ahh, you don’t need a notebook for that, I don’t have much.” Jaekyung tsked Baekhyun then sat down.
 
“We can always add additional details as to why you like something or have an interest in that certain hobby. It tells us more about yourself than you think.” Jaekyung took a glance at the clock, taking note of the time then opened up the notebook. Baekhyun noticed her small action and took another good look of her face. Now that it’s getting late the dark circles under her eyes are more prominent. She must be exhausted.
 
“Babe, we can always do this another time if you’re tired.” Baekhyun caressed Jaekyung’s face and brushed her dark circles gently. Jaekyung put her hand over Baekhyun’s and smiled.
 
“I’m not the least bit tired, plus I want to be of help to you. It’s not every day that we find the time to do something like this anymore. We’re lucky my professor got sick and cancelled my six o’clock lab.” Jaekyung took her pen out and looked at Baekhyun with a bright expression to hide her exhaustion. “Alright Mr. Byun, start talking.”
 
“Haha, okay okay. Um…” Baekhyun stared at Jaekyung then laughed. “I really can’t think of anything, all my interests and hobbies revolve around you.”
 
“Baek, stop playing around, there has to be something!”
 
“I’m not; I’m just telling you the truth. All my recent hobbies and interests that make me happy involve you. I enjoy volunteering at the hospital because you made me realize the joy in helping others, I started to read because you told me it helps with my terrible attention span, I’m planning to sing again because you actually like my voice and I cook more often now because of how adorable you look eating the food I make you. It helps that omma is practically in heaven when she sees me in the kitchen as well. She keeps talking about how she raised me into a fine young man haha.” Jaekyung nodded her head as she jotted these things down.
 
“Okay, so we need to find you something that consists of making other’s happy. Ahh Baek, are you listening to yourself? We’re getting somewhere!” Baekhyun surprised himself. As he thought about his recent hobbies, it does involve making other people happy.
 
“Haha, yeah… I guess we are.” Jaekyung wrote down additional details that she herself see’s in Baekhyun, an idea popping up into her head as she continued to write.
 
“Baekhyun, how do you feel about becoming a teacher or a chef? You can either help little kids and find joy in that or watch as other people revel in the food you make them.” Baekhyun listened to Jaekyung’s ideas and thought about it carefully, both sounded pretty good to him actually.
 
“Hmm, those are awesome ideas Jaekyung, I’ll think about those two options carefully.”
 
“Maybe talk to your mother about it as well, she knows you better than anyone else in this world. And when you make the decision you can confidently tell your father that you’ve found your calling and what you want to do with your life rather than to take over the company.”
 
“Sounds like a plan. See? What would I do without you?” Baekhyun wrapped his around Jaekyung so that her back was facing him and rested his chin on her head. “Let’s just stay like this all night.” Jaekyung rested her head against Baekhyun’s chest and hummed.
 
“I’d love to but you mister, need to get home soon.”
 
“You know, you’re going to be stuck with me for the rest of my life. It wouldn’t hurt to let me stay here, I’m sure my parents won’t mind.” Jaekyung turned around and pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks.
 
“But mine will.” Baekhyun rubbed his cheeks as he spoke.
 
“They don’t have to know.” Jaekyung got up and smacked Baekhyun’s arm.
 
“Come on, get up Baek. As much as I’d love to spend more time with you, my eyes are telling me otherwise. You’ve been up all day as well. Let’s call one of your drivers to pick you up.” Baekhyun pouted and held onto Jaekyung’s hand, swinging it back and forth.
 
“Just one night, please noona? I’ll stay here on the couch, I promise.” Jaekyung weakened at Baekhyun’s tone, that devil used noona on me again. Jaekyung sighed in defeat. “Fine, I’ll go get your sheets.”