Chapter 52.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Oh wow! Baekhyun’s going all out today isn’t he?” Tao brushed the falling snow off of his wings as he and Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and Jaekyung from a far.
 
“Yeah he is, imagine the things he’d do when he proposes to her.”
 
“Oh man, I hope he does it before he turns 25, I really wanna see!” Chanyeol laughed at Tao’s pout and poked his forehead.
 
“You and I both know the two possible answers to that one so stop acting like a child. We’re full grown angels now!”
 
“You’re one to talk, who’s the child that threw a snowball at Kris yesterday?”
 
“... Don’t bring that up Tao. I just wanted him to lighten up.”
 
“Riiight.”
 
“Ah look! They’re heading upstairs! Let’s go!” Tao shook his head at his partner and flapped his wings to catch up to the frantic angel. I don’t get why he’s in such a rush.
 
I can hear you Tao.
 
 
 
 
“Angel wing shaped locks Baek?” Jaekyung raised her eyebrows playfully and took the white lock into her hands.
 
“Yes, why you don’t like them?” Baekhyun took out two pink post-it notes, two black pens and clear double sided tape.
 
“No, I think they’re adorable haha.” Baekyun pouted and handed Jaekyung her pen, post-it note and a piece of double sided tape.
 
“You’re being sarcastic aren’t you?”
 
“No! I’m not, I really do think they’re adorable!” Jaekyung took the items into her hands and gave Baekhyun a quick kiss. “Plus, I’ve always wanted to do this.”
 
“Hmm, okay I’ll trust you this time.” Jaekyung smiled and pushed Baekhyun towards the other side of the tower.
 
“Don’t you dare turn around and peek at what I write okay?” Baekhyun chuckled and nodded his head.
 
“I won’t.”
 
With a satisfied smile Jaekyung walked over to one of the tables and sat down, thinking about what she should write carefully. Jaekyung is quite the wordy type but decided to go with something short and simple this time around.
 
“Thank You for giving me the greatest gift of all by bringing Baekhyun into my life. I wouldn’t have come to realize how cooped up I was and how much of life I was missing out on if he had not come along. There really isn’t much that I wish for except for him to stay by my side like this, for him to smile that adorable smile of his and for him to be happy.”
 
Jaekyung placed the double sided tape onto the post-it note then smoothed it out onto the lock, running her thumb across the note a few times to make sure it was secured.
 
Meanwhile Baekhyun had just finished writing his note as well.
 
“Jaekyung-ah, you know I wouldn’t wish for anything else other than your wellbeing right? I wish for Jaekyung to achieve her dreams and to become the best pediatrician out there. They’re going to be tough times but I promise to be by her side every step of the way. It’s not too selfish of me to also wish that we can have a perfect little family together right? Haha. I love you sweetie~”
 
Baekhyun also made sure his notes was safely secured before heading towards Jaekyung.
 
“Are you done Jaekyung-ah?”
 
“Yep!” Baekhyun took out two silver keys and handed one of them to Jaekyung.
 
“Alright, let’s opens these up and pick a good spot.” Jaekyung beamed and got up right away, excited to finally do this. The two of them finally found an empty spot and placed their locks next to each other.
 
Baekhyun knows that they were supposed to throw the locks away afterwards but he had a better idea.
 
“Jaekyung-ah?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“What do say we keep each other’s keys instead of throwing them out?” Without a second thought Jaekyung took Baekhyun’s key into her hands and gave him hers.
 
“Sounds good to me haha.”
 
Taking Jaekyung’s hand into his Baekhyun then lead her downstairs to the limo.
 
“Where to next Baek?”
 
“You’ll find out when we get there.”
 
“You’re being so mysterious today.” Baekhyun grinned and shrugged his shoulders.
 
“That’s just the way I am I guess haha.”
 
Opening the door Baekhyun helped Jaekyung inside then sat down, anticipating Jaekyung’s reaction to his next event.
 
 
 
“Man! He has another event planned? The limo isn’t heading for either of their houses!” Chanyeol chuckled at Tao’s reaction as they continued to follow the limo.
 
“I guess so. Who would have thought that the Byun Baekhyun we’ve been guarding for all these years would turn into such a cheesy romantic hey?”
 
“Love really does change people. Good thing we’re not people.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and smacked Tao’s head.
 
“Sure, you just keep telling yourself that.”
 
“What?! Why? It’s true! Humans are so easy to manipulate! Us angels are divine beings, emotions like that can’t change us!”
 
“Just wait until you fall in love and have your own Angel babies Tao, just you wait. Don’t you remember what happened to Heechul?” Tao shivered at the thought. Heechul was one of his favourite higher ups. He was very free spirited and often played pranks on other angels until he got settled down. Now he’s practically the definition of a perfect father and this perfect father was not happy when Tao gave them his nunchucks to play with.
 
“You said that we would never speak of it again!”
 
“Right, sorry… but my point is proven nonetheless Tao.” Tao grumbled and flapped his wings with extra strength.
 
“Whatever.”