Chapter 30.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

Jaekyung took the next day off. She sent an email to her professors explaining her situation while the nurses at the hospital all told her to take a break. They’ve all been through this as well, it’s in human nature to get upset and to become attached when you’re not supposed to. They all understand and Jaekyung felt extremely grateful for that. Although she didn’t have to volunteer, Jaekyung went to the hospital and helped Chaerin and Jaemin’s parents with clearing out the things in his room. She helped comfort his mother and made sure they had everything before bidding them goodbye. As she left the room, she smiled weakly at all the kids surrounding the area. Despite their age, all the kids knew how serious the situation was and watched quietly as Jaekyung left. She made her way to Baekhyun’s room and went inside, his mother is there again. Jaekyung said hi first and bowed before taking a seat next to Baekhyun.

“Hi, Mrs. Byun.”

“Ah, hi Jaekyung. It’s nice to see you.”

“It’s nice to see you too.” Baekhyun’s mother noticed that something was wrong but didn’t know if she was in a position to ask. She thought about it for a bit before deciding to go with it.

“Jaekyung ah, are you alright?” Jaekyung tared her eyes away from Baekhyun’s face quickly and pulled on the bravest face she could at that moment.

“Yes, I’m alright. I’m not feeling too well right now but I’m alright. Thank you for asking.” Baekhyun’s mother could tell that something  unfortunate must have occurred but could also tell that Jaekyung didn’t want to talk about it from the nature of her answer. She then watched as Jaekyung fixed her son’s hair again, brushing his forehead then cheeks in the process.

“Hey Baek, you know it’s not good to stay sleeping for so long right? Wake up soon.” Baekhyun’s mother smiled at the look in Jaekyung’s eyes. She doesn’t know what her son did but she can distinguish the meaning of that look anywhere. It’s the same one she wears whenever she looks at Baekhyun’s father.

“You really sincerely do care for Baekhyun don’t you Jaekyung?” Jaekyung smiled and nodded slightly.

“Yeah, I guess I really do.” Jaekyung took another look at Baekhyun and held her tears back. He wouldn’t want to see that, this kid doesn’t like seeing me cry.  


 


Baekhyun can hear his mother having a conversation with Jaekyung. He hears them talking then feels Jaekyung moving his bangs. Wait, he can feel Jaekyung’s touch on his forehead and cheeks. Is this a sign? Baekhyun feels excitement coursed through his body and attempts to move, he concentrates and puts all of his focus into opening his eyes but just like his previous attempts, he failed miserably. Although he wasn’t able to accomplish much Baekhyun was happy with the fact that Jaekyung was sitting next to him right now, holding his hand in hers. His presence alone was making her feel better and her touch helped calm Baekhyun’s worries.
 



Jaekyung went home to an empty apartment and decided to call it a day. Although it was only eight o’clock both her mind and her body were exhausted. She changed into her pajamas and listened to the music on her IPod as she fell asleep, replaying the clip that Baekhyun had recorded for her previously every now and then. It kept her calm and gave her hope, she’s not alone in this world, never was and never will be.
 



“Hyung, Baekhyun’s a really lucky guy.” Chanyeol nodded his head in agreement.

“His soulmate’s so different from the rest of those girls he use to hang around.”

“Yeah, I like her.”

“Me too Tao, me too. Let’s hope Baekhyun fulfills his fate and follows the proper path, I’d like to see that kid lead a better life.”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I ended up writing lots while waiting for my flight but the wifi stopped working before I could update this chapter. Currently resting at my hotel and remembered to post this haha. Sorry that it's so short and kinda slow, I couldn't do much editing since I'm on vacation haha.