Chapter 3.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

“So you can see me!”

 
“Well of course, why wouldn’t I be able to?” Jaekyung looked at the boy in front her to see if he had a bracelet or tag of some sort, maybe he’s a part of the psychiatric ward. She was looking at him up and down but didn’t find anything. He was dressed in normal clothing and didn’t have anything attached to his wrist or around his neck. So he isn’t a patient here, maybe he’s visiting someone?
 
“Would you stop staring already? I know I’m handsome and all but aren’t you staring a little too much?” Jaekyung was surprised by the ego of the boy in front of her. Tche, I’ve seen better.
 
“Sorry, I just wanted to see if you were a patient here or not.”
 
“Well that’s just it! I am, well kind of.”
 
“What do you mean by kind of?”
 
“This is going to sound insane but this isn’t all of me! I woke up and saw myself in a coma here. I tried getting the attention of the doctors and nurses but nobody could hear or see me. You’re the only person who can.” Jaekyung was certain that this kid is a part of the psychiatric ward now. She was worried that he’ll freak out if she points that out so she went along with his story.
 
“Oh my gosh! You poor thing, that must have scared you. I’m a volunteer here, I’ll try my best to help you okay? What’s your name?”
 
“Byun Baek Hyun. Thank you for believing me!”  Baekhyun sighed a breath of relief from the girl’s reaction.
 
“I’m Jaekyung, here follow me I’ll try to get us some help.”  Jaekyung walked towards the front office. “Just wait here, I’ll go ask the front for you information.”  Jaekyung walked towards Choi Soo Yeon, a nurse whom she’s extremely close with to get some help. She took a quick glance at Baekhyun to make sure he wasn’t listening before she leaned towards Sooyeon and whispered into her ears.
 
“Sooyeon, you see that boy behind me? His name his Byun Baek Hyun could you help me search up his name to see where in the psychiatric ward he belongs to?  I’m pretty sure he’s from there and got out just now.” Sooyeon looked up to where her friend was pointing and saw no one there.  She was confused but started to type his name up anyways.
 
“Um, Jaekyung. First of all, I don’t see anybody there and secondly, I just searched him up and he’s not a part of the psychiatric ward. He’s in a coma.”
 
“What?! No but that’s impossible, here’s right there.” Sooyeon took another look at where Jaekyung pointed but saw no one there.
 
“Jaekyung sweetie, I think you’re just exhausted from working so much. Take a day off from volunteering tomorrow and get a good night’s sleep okay?” Jaekyung stared at Sooyeon, absolutely stunned at what she just heard. She turned around to look at Baekhyun and saw him smiling at her, no way.
 
“Ah, yeah you’re right I’m probably just tired. I’ll see you next time then. Bye.”
 
“Bye Jaekyung, don’t overwork yourself!”
 
Jaekyung walked towards Baekhyun and told him to follow her outside, making sure that nobody was there before she started to talk.
 
“This is crazy! What am I going to do with you?!”
 
“What do you mean? Weren’t you getting information about my condition just now?”
 
“There’s no information on how you could just come out of your body like this! I don’t know how I can help you. This isn’t normal, there’s something supernatural going on here.”
 
“Well obviously, it’s not every day that you wake up seeing yourself unconscious on a hospital bed. Do you know how frustrating it was for me to get out of there? I had to wait until one of the nurses opened the door before I could leave.”
 
“Wait you can’t feel anything? How is it that I can touch you then?”
 
“How am I supposed to know? I’ve only been like this for two days!”
 
“Ahh! Why me? Why is it that only I can see you! This is absolutely insane!” Jaekyung grabbed her own cheeks and pinched hard before screaming in pain.
 
“What in the world are you doing?!” Her scream had scared Baekhyun.
 
“That hurt, I’m not dreaming. Oh my gosh this is real!”
 
“Um, yeah, this is real. Are you always this panicky?” Baekhyun stared at Jaekyung as she started to fan her face frantically.
 
“No! Would you not panic if you were me?!” Jaekyung spoke a little louder than she had expected, shocking Baekhyun again.
 
“Woah, okay just calm down.” Jaekyung took in a deep breath before turning her attention to Baekhyun.
 
“Okay, how about we start by having you explain to me everything you know.” Jaekyung had no idea what she was planning to do. She had a feeling that this was a bad idea but there was no way she would leave Baekhyun alone. He must be really scared right now as well and Jaekyung is much too kind to not help someone.