Chapter 46.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Chen can you go get the boys? I’m sure their hysterical by now.”
 
“Haha you two are terrible for doing this to them.” Kris and Lay merely smiled while Chen went to fetch Tao and Chanyeol.
 
“Do you think we’re being terrible Lay?”
 
“Of course not Kris, those two trouble makers needed at least a small amount of freaking out before they turn into full-fledge angels. It’s tradition.” Kris chuckled and gave Lay a small fist pump.
 
“True, I still remember back when we were rookies. Oh man, I’d pick their small freaking out over the extra workload we had any day.”
 
“Of course, if anything we’re being easy on them by giving them ten free days. It’s not like we’re doing anything wrong, they’re simply scaring themselves.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun’s mother had left after lunch leaving the two couples on their own to spend some time together.
 
“Jaekyung-ah.”
 
“Hmm?” Jaekyung is currently crouching over and searching for a movie for the two of them to watch.
 
“I have something to tell you before we watch the movie.” Jaekyung looked up and cocked her head to the side.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I’ll tell you after you pick.” Jaekyung pouted and turned around; going through the movies quickly before stopping at one that interested her.
 
“Let’s watch this one, I haven’t seen it yet.”
 
“Tangled? Really?”
 
“Yes really. Why?” Baekhyun shook his head and took the DVD from her hands.
 
“Nothing, I just didn’t expect you to pick this one.” Baekhyun put the DVD in the DVD player then took a seat next to Jaekyung. “But first, I need to tell you something important.”
 
“Okay, I’m listening.”
 
“You know how we’ve been trying to decide on what I could do with my life?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Well I think, no I know what I want to do now.”
 
“What? Really?! Oh my gosh that’s great!!!” Jaekyung couldn’t contain the excitement in her voice and she hasn’t even heard what it is yet. “So… what are you planning to do?”
 
“I want to be a pastry chef and open up my own café.”
 
“Oh you’re going to do such an amazing job. Do you have a name picked out yet?
 
“Yeah, I’m planning to name it Angel’s Café.”
 
“Angel’s Café? That’s a pretty name, how’d you come up with it?”
 
“Mmm well remember when I told you that two angels took me away when I disappeared?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“I think they’re the ones that brought me to you, my angel so it’s my way of thanking them as well as dedicating the café to you.”
 
Me?” Jaekyung felt her cheek bones rise from how sweet Baekhyun was being.
 
“Yeah you, who else is there other than you for me out there?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hey! Baekhyun wants to thank us!” Chanyeol clapped his hands together before giving Tao a high five.
 
“This is so awesome, I’m sure there isn’t another pair of angels out there that can say they have a café named after them.”
 
“I don’t think so either woot!” Chanyeol and Tao were in a state of harmony completing forgetting about their birthday until Chen came flying down, scaring the two rookies.
 
“Hey guys, Kris and Lay want you in their office.” Chanyeol whipped his head around to face Chen with his hand over his heart, utterly shocked at his appearance.
 
“Chen, how do you fly without making a sound? I think my heart just stopped.” Tao nodded his head in agreement with Chanyeol.
 
“Haha, practice guys, lots and lots of practice. But no really, it seemed kind of urgent I’d head back up now if I were you.”
 
“Oh right! Thanks for letting us know Chen, we’ll go now. Come on Tao.” Chanyeol and Tao followed Chen as their anxiousness grew. The moment of truth.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hey look she’s abusive like you are.” Jaekyung’s jaw dropped as she smacked Baekhyun lightly on the arm.
 
“I am not abusive, but if you really do think so I’m very open to grabbing a pan from your kitchen and whipping it over your head right now.” Baekhyun’s eyes shot open and wrapped his arms around Jaekyung’s torso tighter.
 
“No, I was just kidding you’re not abusive at all.”
 
“You’re only saying that cause you’re scared I’ll hit you.” Jaekyung scowled at Baekhyun before bringing her attention back to the movie nestling her head against Baekhyun’s reverberating chest, his deep chuckles causing her to turn around and glare at him.
 
“You know, you just admitted that you’re abusive right?”
 
“Tsk! Baek!” Jaekyung pouted and pushed her finger against his chest.
 
“Haha what? I never said that it was a bad thing.” Jaekyung looked up him her eyebrows raised.
 
“So I’m supposed think that it’s a good thing you’re calling me an abusive girlfriend?” Baekhyun shook his head and smirked before replying.
 
“Not exactly abusive per say, but I do like my girls feisty.” Jaekyung’s eyes widen and smacked Baekhyun’s chest.
 
“You did not just say that.” Baekhyun grabbed Jaekyung’s hand and placed a gentle kiss on her nose.
 
“But I did.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Two soft knocks were heard at the door causing Kris to shove the silver box in his hands back into the drawer and wiping the smile off of his face.
 
“Do I look serious enough Lay?”
 
“When do you not look serious?” Kris narrowed his eyes at Lay’s comment but decided to ignore him for now; he’ll deal with Lay later.
 
“Come in.” Kris and Lay watched as Chanyeol and Tao walked into their shared office slowly. Although Kris is the one in charge of their training, as his partner Lay is also participating in giving the two boys their new set of wings.
 
Lay bit back a smile as Chanyeol and Tao stook in front of Kris’s desk awkwardly.
 
“Do you know why the two of you are here?” They shook their heads and kept their hands in front of them. “Are you sure?” The two rookies looked at each other and nodded warily. Kris then pulled out the silver box in his drawer and placed it on top of his desk. “Do you know what this is?” That’s when it hit them, their wings. They’re getting their true wings!
 
“Wait but we haven’t done anything. We thou-” Kris cut Chanyeol off as he pulled out a golden key.
 
“Well you thought wrong. The two of you did such an amazing job with Baekhyun that I decided to give the two of you a break for ten days. You two can thank Lay for giving me the idea as well by the way.” Chanyeol and Tao stood there absolutely speechless. A break?
 
“Wait, so the two of us panicked over nothing?” Tao was the first to break from his daze and spoke up.
 
“Pretty much.” Kris opened up the box and motioned for Lay to come over. “Remember, thank him not me.” Lay smiled and shook his head as Kris pulled out two halos from the silver box. You do Tao’s and I’ll do Chanyeol’s since he’s a little on the taller end compared to you. Lay rolled his eyes, not even bothering to reply to Kris's mental speech and grabbed a halo from Kris’s hand.
 
“Alright you two, you know what to do.” Lay spoke as Kris spread his wings out to their full length of ten meters while Lay kept his hidden to give Kris more space.
 
Chanyeol and Tao smiled and faced each other as they held hands. They closed their eyes and took in three deep breaths. They stood still while Kris began to speak in a language they have yet to understand. Soon that awkward language became comprehendible to the two. A warm sensation filled their backs and before they knew it their minds became interconnected, the two partners sharing the same thoughts.
 
Woah, my back feels really warm.
 
Chanyeol?! What the, I can hear your thoughts!
 
Huh? Tao?! Wait What?!
 
Lay chuckled at Tao’s facial expressions as he fixed Tao’s Halo. He looked over and noticed that Kris was started to put his glowing wings away, they’re almost done.
 
The kids seem to have figured out how to use their thoughts already Kris.
 
Good, it took us a week to figure out how to use ours. I can’t believe the higher ups never told us about it.
 
Haha, it’s not like you told them either.
 
Whatever.
 
Kris made sure Chanyeol’s halo stayed floating over Chanyeol’s head on its own before he set his hands down.
 
“Open your eyes.” Chanyeol and Tao opened their eyes and gasped as they stared at the massive shining wings on the backs of their partner.  
 
“Chanyeol! You’re wings are glowing a bright orange!!!”
 
“Orange?! YES!!! Yours are awesome too they’re glowing a deep blue!”
 
“What really?!” Tao looked over and stared at his new wings in awe. His white feathers are coated with a shining blue aura. “I’ve always wanted them to be blue; I was so scared I’d get pink or something.”
 
“What’s wrong with pink?” Chanyeol face palmed as Tao’s face went from one of awe to one of fear.
 
“Nothing’s wrong with pink Lay, I just don’t think I can pull it off like you do.” Tao smiled awkwardly while Chanyeol shook his head.
 
You idiot, I can’t believe you said that.
 
What?! It just slipped; I forgot Lay’s wings glowed a soft pastel pink okay?
 
“He’s just kidding Tao. Lay, stop freaking the kids out.” Lay showed off his dimpled smile then  gave Tao a light shove.
 
“Don’t worry Tao, I was just kidding." Tao let out a sigh of relief and felt his tensed shoulders relax. 
 
"But no seriously, pink is awesome.”