Final.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

Three Years Later

 
 
 
“Taemin! No! You can’t leave the lid open or the steam is going to get everywhere.”
 
“I-I didn’t want the machine to overheat.”
 
“… It’s not going to overheat okay? Let’s just do this again.”
 
Baekhyun’s hands moved quickly, touching up the flowers he made out of candy before they hardened. The ruckus Kibum, the café’s manager, made while training the new staff completely in the background of the more important task at hand.
 
“Donghae hyung, is this okay?” Baekhyun brought the flower to his café’s main patisserie, hoping that he got the petals right this time. Donghae inspected the flower thoroughly with furrowed eyebrows before they relaxed, a small smile forming on his face.
 
“Well done Baekhyun, soon you’ll be able to make your own designs without my help.” Although Baekhyun is the owner of Angel Café he still couldn’t help but feel happy whenever Donghae compliments him.
 
“Thanks hyung.”
 
 
 
 
Over the past three years Baekhyun has alternated between business classes in the fall and taking culinary classes to get his bachelors to become an official patisserie. As of right now, Baekhyun is doing a great job at running Angel Café while learning as much as he can about being a pastry chef with Donghae. He’s busy beyond belief but he’s never been so content with life. Despite his chaotic schedule and crazy sleeping patterns, Baekhyun is happy. He now truly understands how Jaekyung manages to stay up studying for exams all night and still goes volunteering the moment she’s got even the slightest bit of time. If you’re passionate about your dreams and love what you do, nothing is impossible.
 
 
 
 
Humming to the radio, Baekhyun drives to the hospital with Jaekyung’s valentine gift sitting in the passenger seat. His eyes would divert from the road towards the cake every now and then to make sure that it’s alright. Baekhyun reaches the hospital quickly, and gets out of the car in a rush. He touches up his hair while looking at the car window one last time before walking inside, heading straight for the children’s ward. The nurses and doctors have gotten use to Baekhyun’s visits by now, letting him come over even when visiting hours are over. Baekhyun made sure to keep quiet as it is already late into the night. Jaekyung had texted him before, apologizing profusely that she couldn’t make it to dinner because Hana, a four year old diagnosed with hemophilia had gotten a fever. Although the fever itself has nothing to do with her condition, Hana has grown attached to Jaekyung, often throwing fits whenever Jaekyung had to go. Worried that she might injure herself, Jaekyung decided to stay the night.
 
Baekhyun bowed lightly and whispered a thank you when Soyeon directed him to the room that Hana stays in. Baekhyun opened the door quietly to the sight of Jaekyung reading Hana a bedtime story. He watched with a smile on his face, the little girl’s head bobbing up and down in exhaustion but still refusing to sleep until the story was over. He tiptoed his way inside and waited for Hana to finally fall asleep before wrapping his arms around Jaekyung’s torso.
 
“Hey.”
 
Jaekyung faced Baekhyun and returned his hug with tired but still shining eyes.
 
“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun chuckled and placed the box in his hands onto Jaekyung’s lap.
 
“To give my girlfriend her valentine’s day gift.”
 
“Aww, Baek that’s so sweet of you.” Jaekyung eyed the box on her lap before opening it, a soft gasp leaving her lips at the beautiful cake Baekhyun had made her. The cake is white and in the shape of a rectangle with pastel pink roses scattered across the top right hand corner and “Happy Valentine’s Day” written in red in the center. Two heart shaped cheesecake pops wrapped neatly next to the cake as well.
 
“Do you like it? I make the cheesecake pops for us to eat now since we probably won’t be able to have this cake until I take you home tonight.”
 
“Of course! I love it Baek, this is absolutely beautiful.” Jaekyung gave Baekhyun a quick peck on the lips then rummaged through her purse for the gift he got him. Baekhyun took the white paper bag from Jaekyung’s hands and peered at the contents. Heart shaped chocolate chip cookies.
 
“I haven’t had these in so long.” Baekhyun took a cookie out and grabbed a bite immediately. With Jaekyung being so busy she hasn’t had the time to bake cookies like she used to and no matter how hard Baekhyun tried, his chocolate chip cookies never turned out the way hers did. They were special and a dessert that only Jaekyung could make perfectly.
 
“How are they?” Baekhyun chewed slowly, relishing in the taste with his eyes closed.
 
“Absolutely delicious.” Jaekyung let out a sigh of relief and opened up the cheesecake pop in her hand.
 
“Good, I haven’t made those in so long, I was worried they wouldn’t taste the way they use to.” Jaekyung took a bite of her valentine gift as her eyes grew wide. Baekhyun’s skills have definitely improved. “Baek, this is so good. Chocolate and strawberry flavoured cheesecake? Ahh, I think my taste buds are in heaven.”
 
Baekhyun chuckled at Jaekyung’s reaction and nodded.
 
“Yep, just the thing for my chocolate addict girlfriend.” Jaekyung pouted but didn’t deny Baekhyun’s words. “I’m taking your silence as a form of acceptance then; at least you know you’re addicted.”
 
“Hey!” 
 
Before Jaekyung could reach over to smack the laughing Baekhyun’s arm she noticed a slight movement from Hana in her peripheral vision. She pulled her hand back to her side quickly then held her pointer finger up to her lips.
 
“Shh, we’re going to wake Hana up.”
 
“You’re the one who was planning to attack me.” Jaekyung narrowed her eyes and spoke quietly.
 
“You’re going to get it once we get back to my place.” Baekhyun maintained his cheeky smile while raising his eyebrow slightly.
 
“Does this mean I get to stay over tonight?”
 
“No.”
 
“But it’s Valentine’s Day…” Jaekyung rolled her eyes at her whiny boyfriend.
 
“I have an early class tomorrow; I’m going to need sleep and you talk too much.”  
 
“But I just sleep on the couch anyways.”
 
“No.”
 
“Fine…” Baekhyun knew that this was a losing battle so he decided to move over and pull Jaekyung into another hug instead. “We’re staying like this until we leave then.”
 
Jaekyung smiled while nodding her head.
 
“Okay, we’re just waiting until Soyeon’s shift is over. The next nurse is more familiar with Hana and won’t need my help if she wakes up in the middle of the night.”
 
Baekhyun and Jaekyung remained seated with Baekhyun’s arms wrapped around Jaekyung until the next nurse came for her shift. The female coughing awkwardly when she walked in on the two of them in the middle of a kiss. A light pink spread across Jaekyung’s cheeks while Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. The pair grabbing their belongings quickly and apologizing to her before walking out hand in hand.
 
“Well… that was embarrassing.” Baekhyun was the first to speak; a slight chuckle laced in his tone from the situation they were just in.
 
“You think?”
 
“I’m pretty sure we’re the only couple in this world that would spend two hours at the hospital on Valentine’s Day voluntarily then get caught kissing.” Jaekyung hummed in agreement while swinging her hand with Baekhyun’s.
 
“Yeah, but that’s what makes us special.” 
 
 
 
Fin.
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
Don't worry! I didn't forget about our Angels, I'm planning to post an Epilogue for this story and they'll definitely be in that! I know the ending probably isn't what you guys expected but I wanted to write something simple for this pairing. It just seemed to work for how their relationship played out throughout the course of this story. They're sickly sweet yet absolutely adorable at the same time. I also love how innocent the two of them are despite Baekhyun's snarky comments every now and then haha. Either way, thank you guys sooooo soooo soooo much for reading! Thank You to the 187 of you who have subscribed to this story and like always, here is a shout out to those who have left me lovely comments!

 

aigoooooExosaranghaeeRoseclearEunKyung90byunahrin_NICOLEEEE_Zayrenkikibobokidtytyty3pipoomica

OpheliasFlowersoonkyussiAi_Hasuhaegongchunljjangshinhaerindububrit-onbaekhyunbacon92enthralee

CaptainV-neckJessica1965Happiiefacekw0830_Mika_05061992Forever_sonesquishy-fruitsreachforthesky

BlackHeart_D,  jia_loveluvamanda13SMtownLOVER123TelekinequalerznersAmirawootscurlyfry12AlexNightingale

b2stshocksmeCuteChodingkima_siksinloveFORyunhostarrfire96EXOhana05DefineBeautyandLove