Chapter 57.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“Actually?!” Baekhyun let the turkey on his fork drop as he stared at Jaekyung’s mom with enlarged eyes.
 
“Omma, let’s not talk about this!” Jaekyung looked at her mother with pleading eyes but she continued with her story anyways.
 
“Yes actually, Jaekyung’s never had a boyfriend before… well that is until she met you haha.” Jaekyung’s cheeks flushed a bright pink at her mother’s words; she already knew what was coming next.
 
“And why is that?” Baekhyun would have assumed that Jaekyung would have had a boyfriend or two previously -not that he would have wanted that- but wouldn’t that have been normal for a catch like Jaekyung?
 
“Oh, it’s quite a cute story actually. It was back when Jaekyung was eight, the reason why this came up is a blur now but I remember her exact words. She was sitting in the living room with a hot chocolate in hand and stared up at me with her giant eyes before tilting her head to the side. She said Omma, was appa your first love? And of course I answered yes because he was and Jaekyung’s face lit up immediately, she took a sip of her hot chocolate and rested her chin on the cup while staring into space before she spoke again. Omma, I’m going to marry my first love too. He’ll be the first person to hold my hand, hug me and he’ll be my first kiss too, just like you and appa! She was just so adorable; I don’t even know where an eight year old got that idea from!”
 
Baekhyun looked at the blushing Jaekyung and held her hand tight. Wait, so this means that…
 
“Omma!”
 
“Okay okay, I’m sorry, I’ll be quiet now.”
 
The table grew loud with laughter at Jaekyung’s embarrassment, the atmosphere bright and completely perfect for a Christmas dinner between the two families.
 
 
 
 
Dinner ended on a good note with the two mothers becoming close over the stories of their children and the father’s mutual interest in fishing. Jaekyung volunteered to do the dishes so that the adults can continue on their conversations with a clingy Baekhyun trailing behind her.
 
“I’ll wash and you dry okay Jaekyung-ah?” Jaekyung nodded and helped Baekhyun set the dishes into the sink. The two were getting the dishes cleaned quickly before Baekhyun spoke up. “So… What jangmonim said during dinner was true right?” Jaekyung nodded her head and avoided the gaze that Baekhyun held on her, completely embarrassed that her mother had told everyone at the table that story.
 
With a mischievous smile Baekhyun turned off the tap and faced Jaekyung. He reached his left arm over and held onto her hands “so that makes me the first to hold your hand” Baekhyun then reached his other arm around Jaekyung’s waste “the first to hug you like this” letting go of his left hand, Baekhyun cupped her face and leaned down “and your first” and kissed her lips “kiss”. Jaekyung bit her lips and nodded again. Baekhyun felt like his heart was soaring at this new found knowledge. “Don’t be embarrassed Jaekyung-ah, you’re all my firsts as well.”
 
Jaekyung looked up at Baekhyun with large doe-like eyes.
 
“R-really?”
 
“Mhmm, I was too caught up with being a rebel and making bad friends to actually get a girlfriend. I was never really interested in anyone either.” Jaekyung smiled and held onto Baekhyun’s hands this time.
 
“Well, I’m glad I changed that.”
 
 
 
 
 
Jaekyung didn’t know how to explain it, ever though she was staying in the guest room with her parents it still felt weird to be staying over at Baekhyun’s place. It didn’t help that she was also wearing one of his t-shirts and pair of his shorts.
 
“He’s a really good guy, your father and I approve.” Jaekyung looked over at her smiling parents and chuckled.
 
“Yeah, he is.”
 
“You think he’s the one?” Jaekyung cocked her head to the side and looked at her mother with the same look of awe that she had back when she was an eight year old little girl. She didn’t even need a second to think before she nodded her head, a soft smile displayed on her features.
 
 
 
 
 
“Aww did you see that Tao?!” Chanyeol and Tao are currently sitting in the guest room with Jaekyung and her parents, glad that she can no longer see them now that Baekhyun is perfectly safe and secure in his physical body.
 
“Yes I did, I’m sitting right here.”
 
“This is so cute; I don’t think I can handle any more of their mushiness.”
 
“Let’s go check up on Baekhyun then, that’s what we were supposed to do in the first place.”
 
“Fine, but don’t lie! I know you wanted to listen in on this conversation just as much as I did.”
 
“You just keep telling yourself that Chanyeol.”
 
“I will!”
 
Tao rolled his eyes and slipped out of the room with Chanyeol next to him, the two partners walking side by side to Baekhyun’s room, a place that they have grown to know quite well over the years.