Chapter 51.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

The limousine stopped and so did Baekhyun and Jaekyung’s conversation. Jaekyung had been trying to pry Baekhyun for information regarding the plans he had for their night but Baekhyun managed to keep his lips sealed, not wanting to ruin the surprises he had in store for her. 
 
Their driver stepped out of the car and opened the door for the pair. Baekhyun got out first, thanking the driver for getting the door for him then turning around to help Jaekyung out. 
 
“Thanks Baek.” 
 
“You’re very welcome Jaekyung-ah.” 
 
With his hands wrapped around Jaekyung’s waist, Baekhyun led Jaekyung inside to where the elevators are. He gave the worker a slight nod and snapped his fingers as a signal for the lighting displayed he had planned.
 
As they waited for the elevators to take them upstairs the lights suddenly shut off, taking Jaekyung by surprise. Baekhyun’s grip around her tightened to keep her stable then lifted his left hand to point straight forward. 
 
Jaekyung’s eyes grew wide as the words “Merry Christmas Jaekyung-ah~!” flashed before her eyes across the wall while snowflakes of multiple designs danced around those words. A childish smile spread across her face as she stared at the lights repeat the same words over and over again. Baekhyun himself didn’t even get to see the design he worked so hard on, instead, his eyes were on Jaekyung’s expressions entire time. 
 
“Merry Christmas Jaekyung-ah.” Peeling her eyes from the light display Jaekyung smiled and said the same to Baekhyun. 
 
“Merry Christmas to you too Baek.” The two shared a short moment looking at each at other until a loud “ding” broke them of their gaze. 
 
“Um, your elevator hazth arrived.” The worker who had been controlling the lights for Baekhyun tapped the two on the shoulder and pointed towards the open doors of the elevator waiting for them. 
 
“Ah right, thank you.” Baekhyun shifted his hands and intertwined them into Jaekyung’s, leading her inside. 
 
“Just so you know, I’ve got our entire dinner planned so you don’t have to worry about a single thing. Enjoy your night with me as your guide okay?” Jaekyung nodded lightly and squeezed Baekhyun’s hand. 
 
“Got it Mr. Guide.” Right when Baekhyun was about to retaliate in his usually joking manner the doors opened and left Jaekyung’s eyes wide yet again. She took a few steps into the restaurant, absolutely in awe at all the beautiful Christmas decorations as well as the scenery situated below them. 
 
“You look like a five year old at a candy store.” 
 
“I feel like one.” Jaekyung let out a small giggle - something she doesn’t often do - while staring at her surroundings. 
 
“Miss? Are you alright?” Jaekyung looked at the red haired male in front of her and started to blush. She’s okay with making a fool out of herself in front of Baekhyun but she completely forgot that there were other people here for Christmas Eve as well. 
 
“Um.. yeah I’m fine.” 
 
“Are you here for Byun Baekhyun’s reservations by any chance?” 
 
“Yes, yes we are. Sorry about that, my girlfriend hasn’t been here before.” Baekhyun reached Jaekyung’s side the moment his eyes caught the face of their waiter, hands tugging her body towards his protectively. I thought I told them that I wanted a female one! 
 
“Ahh, not from Seoul? Well then, welcome and I hope you enjoy your Christmas Eve here. My name is Suho and I’ll be your waiter for the day. Please do follow me, your reserved table is this way.” Baekhyun eyed their waiter as he bowed politely then lead them to their table with a friendly smile on his face. He wasn’t sure if their waiter’s smile was out of genuinity or if he was hitting on Jaekyung. Ugh, I’ll have to be careful with this one. 
 
Baekhyun didn’t realize he was still standing still and staring at their waiter until Jaekyung pulled onto his arm. 
 
“Come on Baek.” Baekhyun broke out of his daze and forgot about Suho once he got a good look of how excited his girlfriend looked to be here. Taking the initiative, Baekhyun followed Suho to their table then pulled the chair out for Jaekyung quickly. 
 
“Want me to help you out with your jacket too Jaekyung-ah?” 
 
“Hmm? No, I’ve got it. Thank you for getting the chair for me though Baek.” Jaekyung took her trench coat off, setting it onto her chair softly before grabbing a seat in front of a gawking Baekhyun. “Baek? Are you okay?” 
 
Baekhyun shook himself out of his trance and nodded. 
 
“Yeah, perfectly fine. You just look absolutely stunning in that dress Jaekyung-ah.” Jaekyung felt a shy smile forming on her face and bit her lips. 
 
“Thanks Baek, you look really good in your suit as well.” 
 
“Sorry to interrupt you but should I tell the kitchen to get your meals ready and out now or should we give you two some more time to talk and such first?” 
 
“Now would be fine, and please do bring the dishes out in successions.” Jaekyung watched as Baekhyun’s more “mature” side started to surface and she was definitely liking what she saw. Coming from a small town, Jaekyung had no idea what to do at a restaurant like this so she was glad that Baekhyun is leading the way. 
 
“Alright sir, we’ll have everything ready immediately.” Suho smiled at Jaekyung then placed his hand on the side of his mouth so that only Baekhyun could read his lips before making his way to the kitchen. “The piano is ready whenever you are so go ahead and use it whenever you like to.” 
 
After seen the waiters eyesmile directed at him and not just Jaekyung, Baekhyun has concluded that Suho has no intentions of hitting on Jaekyung. I guess he’s just a super friendly guy. 
 
Dinner between Baekhyun and Jaekyung went just as he planned. Jaekyung enjoyed all the exotic dishes he picked out and they had fun talking about absolutely nothing and everything at the same time. 
 
“You think you have room for dessert Jaekyung-ah?” Jaekyung felt like she would explode if she ate anything else but something about Baekhyun’s voice made her nod instead. 
 
“Yep.” 
 
“Good cause I worked pretty hard on this.” 
 
“Huh? On what?” Suho came walking towards their table with a small cake in his hands and placed it onto the table, giving Baekhyun a quick thumbs up before leaving the couple to do their own thing. 
 
“This.” Baekhyun grabbed a knife and pointed at the cake he spent days perfecting. “You told me your favourite cupcake is red velvet so I tried to make a red velvet cake for you. I hope it tastes alright.” 
 
Baekhyun cut a slice of the cake for Jaekyung and placed it onto her plate before cutting himself a piece. He then grabbed the fork before Jaekyung could, picking up a small piece of the cake and placing it in front of . 
 
“Ahhh.” Jaekyung looked around to make sure nobody from the other tables looked at them then leaned forward, taking a bit of the red velvet cake.
 
“Hmm, Baek! This is delicious!” Baekhyun felt like a boulder had been lifted off his shoulders. He was so worried that the cake wouldn’t turn out good. 
 
“Really?” 
 
“Mhm!” Jaekyung reached over and took Baekhyun’s fork into her hands, forking a piece for him. 
 
“Try it for yourself!” Baekhyun took a bite and was pleasantly surprised with the sweet goodness that danced on his tongue. 
 
“You’re right it’s pretty good haha.” 
 
“Of course it’s good, you made it.” 
 
“Mmm true haha.” 
 
The two of them continued to feed each other until Baekhyun realized that time was cutting close. They’ll have to head out soon if they want to catch The Nutcracker. Pretending that he needed to use the washroom, Baekhyun excused himself from the table but made his way to the piano instead. 
 
Jaekyung decided to look out the giant window and at the scenery while she waited for Baekhyun. The Christmas lights that decorated the city completely different from the tiny Christmas tree she was used to back at home. Staring out the window, Jaekyung didn’t even register the fact that someone was playing the piano until her ears picked up a familiar voice singing to 4Men’s Baby Baby.
 
I don’t know the reason- Baek? 
 
Jaekyung whipped her head around and saw Baekhyun looking straight at her while sitting in front of the piano, a spotlight directly above him. 
 
“-as to why I have changed
I thought about it for a long time
After I met you, I think I changed quite a bit
As I hear this song, oh
 
Jaekyung’s legs moved on their own, taking her towards Baekhyun. She could tell he was smiling even while singing, his eyes turning into to two crescent moons. 
 
I’m so thankful for you, oh baby
You are so pretty, oh
I can’t take my eyes off you
In my eyes, I only see you
I only want to look at you, oh really. 
Oooh baby.” 
 
The way Baekhyun’s fingers flowed across the piano so gracefully made Jaekyung heart skip a beat, the way Baekhyun’s voice sounded as he sang to her made her heart sing and the way Baekhyun looked at her like she was the only person in the world made Jaekyung realized that like Baekhyun, Jaekyung only wants to look at him as well.