Chapter 29.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
 
Two days, two terribly long days have passed since Baekhyun vanished into thin air and things have only gotten more difficult for Jaekyung. She woke up with a bad feeling in her stomach today, she doesn't know what it is that she is feeling but it was definitely unpleasant. As she got out of bed to get ready she tripped over her backpack and collided with the corner of her desk, a purple bruise forming on her hip almost immediately. Jaekyung rubbed the area lightly to help her blood circulation before heading to the washroom. While brushing her teeth, Jaekyung's tap shuts off on it's own before she got the chance to rinse . Jaekyung took her toothbrush and threw it against the sink, spitting out as much of the toothpaste in as she can. It's one of those days. The ones where you wake up knowing bad things will happen to you, the ones where nothing goes right and everything just goes absolutely wrong. Jaekyung sighed and changed into her clothes quickly. Afraid that she'll burn herself from cooking she decides that it'll be better for her to grab breakfast at the hospital. Jaekyung looks around the living room for signs of Baekhyun and leaves her home disappointed yet again. He's not here. With her head down, Jaekyung walks to the hospital praying that nothing else will go wrong.
 
As Jaekyung makes her way inside the hospital she sees Chaerin and three other nurses sprinting into Jaemin’s room. Jaekyung grew into a state of panic, Jaemin was the first patient she worked with personally after she started volunteering here. She ran into the room and saw his parents crying while the doctors tried to save their son. Jaekyung looked at his lifeless face, the still line on his heart monitor and the look of failure on the faces of doctor Lee. Jaekyung didn’t need to hear the word “certified” to know that Jaemin isn’t here anymore. Jaekyung left the room with small streams of tears falling down her face; her feet walking with a mind of their own took her to Baekhyun’s room. The moment she saw Baekhyun’s face she broke down into a teary mess. She threw herself onto his body and hugged him tight. She knows that he can’ t hear her right now but she needed to talk to him, he’s all she has here in Seoul.
 
“Baekhyun, where are you?” Jaekyung continued to cry, never letting her grip on Baekhyun go. She felt so helpless. Jaekyung is known for being brave, independent and strong-willed but she’s still a normal human being. Someone with fears, someone who can be vulnerable and someone capable of making mistakes. It was stupid of her to become so attached to her patients but she couldn’t help it. She’s gone through enough over the past week, she’s still inexperienced and the passing of someone she’s known for so long still hurts no matter what.
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun hears it again, he hears Jaekyung and this time it’s much clearer. He concentrates on her voice and realizes that she’s crying. Baekhyun feels his heart tear in two from how broken Jaekyung sounded. Baekhyun wanted to get up and hug her, comfort her and tell her it’s okay but he can’t. Baekhyun only continued to feel even worse as he heard the words left Jaekyung’s mouth.
 
“Baekhyun, where are you?”
 
Baekhyun tried to wake up, he tried to move he tried to do something, anything, but nothing worked.
 
I’m so sorry Jaekyung, please be okay. You’re the most amazing female I have ever met, you can get through this. I wish I can be there for your right now but I can’t, I’m sorry and... I love you.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright so I'm currently at the airport waiting for my transfer flight and it just got delayed by two hours which is unfortunate for me because I won't get to my destination for a while but it's good for you guys since the airport has free wifi and I'm in the mood to write! XD BTW Thank you guys SOOOO much! I actually hit 100 subscribers ahh! I'm thinking about extending this story a little as well soo yeah... I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update again soon ^^ Oh and I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors, I'm running on like two hours of sleep LOL