Chapter 50.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
Humming to random Christmas Carols, Baekhyun got into the Christmas spirit while styling his hair up nicely. He’s been up since seven in the morning running around to make sure that everything goes perfectly tonight. He had phoned the Namsan Tower restaurant to confirm that they got the cake he had personally baked for Jaekyung and made sure that their seat is by the window as well. He then doubled check the time on his ticket for the Nutcracker at the Universal Centre and made a mental note that he’d have to man up and sing for her right after dinner so they can make it to the show in time. This is the first time Baekhyun isn’t out partying with friends on Christmas Eve and he’s damn happy about it. Heck, he’s as nervous and giddy as a high school teenager getting ready for prom. He can’t wait to spend time with Jaekyung, pampering her like the treasured princess she is in Baekhyun’s heart. With one last look in the mirror and a quick adjustment to his tie, Baekhyun grabbed the bouquet of pink camellias and white lilies and headed out the doors to the white limbo where his driver is waiting. Although lilies and camellias don’t match with the usual Christmas atmosphere Baekhyun had a good feeling that Jaekyung would prefer these over a giant bouquet of red roses. 
 
 
 
Jaekyung stared at her reflection in the mirror for a good minute before she snapped out of her daze. She was never the type of person to do her hair or makeup so she had spent her entire morning watching YouTube tutorials until she picked the best ones. She ended up curling her hair into loose curls and sweeping them to the side where her shoulders were bare, spraying them lightly with a soft shimmer. Styling her hair went a lot quicker than she had expected, it was the makeup that killed Jaekyung. She swears she stabbed her eyes a hundred times before she finally got eyeliner to look the way she wanted. The blending of her light brown eyeshadow with a white and silver tint was extremely difficult as well. Jaekyung then grabbed a light pink blush and brushed them over the top of her cheekbones and finished off her look with a colourless lip gloss, her natural lip colour actually match the colour of her dress better than everything else she had. By the time she finished Jaekyung discovered a newfound respect for makeup artists. How do they do this everyday? Grabbing a few Q-tips and a small compact powder, Jaekyung put those along with her lipgloss into her purse, just in case she needed to touch herself up over the course of the evening. Taking a quick glance of the clock Jaekyung headed out to her living room and made sure her place looked fine before sitting down on her couch, if Baekhyun’s going to be on time, he’ll be here in a matter of minutes. 
 
 
Just as Jaekyung expected her phone started to vibrate the moment her clock ticked six o’clock. 
 
“I’m downstairs!” 
 
Jaekyung smiled brightly as she texted Baekhyun back. 
 
“I’ll be down there soon Baek <3” 
 
With one final look in the mirror Jaekyung took a deep breath and slipped the silver heels Baekhyun got her and put on the trenchcoat carefully. With a soft tug, Jaekyung closed the door to her apartment and headed downstairs in excitement. 
 
 
Baekhyun stood outside of the limo with the bouquet in his hands behind his back and his eyes on the floor. Shaking his head Baekhyun laughed at himself for being so ridiculous, why is he so nervous? He took in a few deep breaths and looked at his own reflection in the car window. What was I thinking? Is the eyeliner a little too much? Oh dear lord I hope she likes this, I’ve never gelled my hair up like this before. Just as Baekhyun started to brush his bangs nervously the clicking of heels behind him caught his attention. Baekhyun turned his head around and felt his jaw drop at the angel that stood before him. He shut his mouth the moment he realized how stupid he must have looked and stopped himself before he could gasp and embarrass himself further. Jaekyung has always been beautiful in his eyes but she looked especially stunning tonight. Baekhyun held his hand on his chest and attempted to calm his heart down. How did someone like me get a girl like Jaekyung? Little did he know that Jaekyung was feeling just as flustered as he was at this moment. 
 
 
B-baek? Jaekyung managed to keep herself composed and smiled sweetly while waving at Baekhyun but her insides have literally lost all control. Abort mission! She had always found her boyfriend absolutely adorable but the male standing in front of her was one hundred percent man. She was never a fan of makeup but boy did Baekhyun do eyeliner justice, it didn’t help that his hair was styled up either. She felt herself losing her cool at each step she took towards him. As she continued to walk she lost her footing due to a patch of ice and most likely would have fallen if Baekhyun didn’t catch her in time. Baekhyun and her have never really been embarrassed around the other but tonight felt different. It felt like they reached a new point in their relationship and the fall just now made Jaekyung want to dig herself a hole. 
 
The moment Jaekyung slipped all of the nervousness Baekhyun felt disappeared. Although he had dropped the bouquet of flowers in the process he was glad he made it to her in time. 
 
“Are you okay sweetie?” Baekhyun didn’t know where it came from but he’s been catching himself call Jaekyung that more than Jaekyung-ah lately. It just... slips out on it’s own. 
 
“Mhmm.” Jaekyung kept her face down as she nodded while replying. Her cheeks are probably glowing a deep shade of red at this point. 
 
“Are you sure? Does it hurt anywhere?” Baekhyun helped Jaekyung up and looked at her with the puppy doglike eyes that Jaekyung loves so much. Suddenly the embarrassment she felt vanished. Her heart may still be racing but this is still the same dorky Baekhyun she knows. 
 
“Yeah, I’m fine Baek, thank you.” With the help of her heels she only had to tiptoe slightly to give him a quick peck on the cheek. 
 
“You’re welcome Jaekyung-ah, how about we get you inside the limo and head out for dinner now?” 
 
“Sounds like a plan.” 
 
The two of them walked towards the car and the fallen flowers caught Jaekyung’s eyes. 
 
“Are those what I think they are?” 
 
“Huh?” Baekhyun looked towards what Jaekyung was staring at then nodded. 
 
“Yeah, I got those for you but I’m clumsy and dropped them just now.” Baekhyun pouted slightly while looking at the bouquet lying on the floor only for his eyes to widen when Jaekyung reached down for them. 
 
“They’re so pretty Baekhyun! How did you know that these two are my favourite flowers?!” Jaekyung brushed off the snow and held the bouquet in her arms with a giant smile on her face. 
 
“I didn’t, I just had a hunch that you’d like something like these over roses. They reminded me of you...” It was Baekhyun’s turn to blush this time, though not from embarrassment.
 
“Aww Baekhyun, I love them!” Baekhyun made his way to Jaekyung and kissed her forehead. 
 
“I’m glad you do. Come on, let’s go, you’re getting so cold.” 
 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter so I hope you guys liked it! Oh and as for the cameo EXO member it was... Luhan! XD A few other EXO members will be making cameos as well before this story ends! I'm going to have one of them as a waiter at the Namsan tower and another member as the lead male in the production of the Nutcracker that Baekhyun plans to bring Jaekyung to. I don't know who I want as the waiter yet soo comment as to who you want it to be and I'll pick the person with the most votes! (I have the lead picked already for the musical.. here's a hint as to who he  is, the Nutcracker is his favourite Christmas production XD) Anyways thanks for reading guys! Thanks to your lovely comments I have once again extended this story from the original 25 chapters to what I had planned as 50 and now... well.. I just have so many more ideas for this couple!