Chapter 49.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

“I can’t do this!!!!” Jaekyung ruffled her hair in anger as she attempted to fix the mittens for Baekhyun’s Christmas gift. There’s only two days left and the thumb part still looks absolutely atrocious.
 
With her bottom lip protruding in frustration, Jaekyung tried her best to unravel the mess she created and got back to work. If the gift wasn’t for Baekhyun, Jaekyung would have given up ages ago but Baekhyun is Baekhyun and that’s that. He’s worth all the hours she has spent on this gift and more.
 
After another two hours of working on the mittens Jaekyung finally got them to look the way she wants them to. Now all she’s missing is the earmuffs to complete his portion of their couple set. Just as she set the mittens inside of Baekhyun’s gift box where his sweater, scarf and earmuffs are, her phone started to vibrate.
 
 
“Jaekyung-ah, are you busy tomorrow night?”
 
“Nope, not at all Baek, why?”
 
 
Jaekyung could feel butterflies forming in her stomach as she waited for Baekhyun’s reply. This is going to be their first Christmas together. Although she doesn’t expect him to do anything for her, knowing Baekhyun, he probably has an event all planned already.
 
“Mmm, just thought I’d spend some quality time with you on Christmas Eve.”
 
“Haha okay, sounds good to me. What time do you want to meet up?”
 
“I’ll pick you up at six tomorrow. And um… Did you get a package in the mail yet?”
 
 
Jaekyung cocked her head to the side and raised her eyebrows at Baekhyun’s message. A package?
 
 
“Nope… why?
 
“WHAT?! Really?! Are you sure?!”
 
Jaekyung chuckled while reading Baekhyun’s text; she can already imagine his fingers pressing the buttons on his phone frantically.
 
“Yes, I’m sure Baek. What is it anyways?”
 
“It’ll ruin the surprise if I tell you… Just text me when you get it okay?”
 
“Yeah yeah, I’ll text you when I get it.”
 
“Okay then, I just wanted to know that… bye sweetie~~”
 
 
Jaekyung rolled her eyes but she couldn’t deny the fact that Baekhyun’s cheesiness brings a smile to her face and warms up her heart.
 
 
“Bye Baek <3”
 
 
After putting her phone back into her pant pocket Jaekyung took Baekhyun’s gift box and placed it under her bed, just in case he decides to invite himself in again like last time. Staring at her room Jaekyung was at a loss of what she could spend the rest of her day doing… without homework, studying, volunteering to do and without Baekhyun around there isn’t much that she can do. Back at home Jaekyung would spend time with her parents or go out with her friends but she really hasn’t made any close friends here in Seoul yet… With a heavy sigh Jaekyung plopped down onto her bed and decided to take a nap, extra rest will do her some good before school starts again.
 
The sound of her doorbells ringing caused Jaekyung to jerk away, the obnoxious ringing startling her from her deep sleep. Jaekyung rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock in her room, its only 6:30 meaning she had only taken a half an hour nap. Making sure her hair isn’t out of place and that her clothes look presentable, Jaekyung stepped out into her living room and opened up the door. A dirty blonde haired male with doe like eyes stood in front of her, the corners of his eyes crinkling from his small smile.
 
“Hi, I have a package here for Jaekyung-shii.” Jaekyung was taken aback by his cheerful attitude, most delivery boys shove the package at her then asks her to sign for it before hurrying away.
 
“Oh, that’s me.”
 
“Great! Here’s your package and sign here please.” Jaekyung took a pen from his hands and signed quickly before grabbing her package. This must be what Baekhyun was talking about.
 
“Thank You! Have a good day miss.” The delivery boy bowed then waved goodbye to Jaekyung, walking off with a skip in his step. Jaekyung shook her head and watched him leave before shutting the door. What an interesting guy…
 
With the giant package in her hand Jaekyung headed towards her kitchen to grab a pair of scissors to open it up. I wonder what it is. Jaekyung cut through the tape and opened the box as the air inside of her lungs left involuntarily. A beautiful blue one shoulder dress was situated inside of the box. Jaekyung picked it up and admired the beautiful design, never in her twenty one year old life has she warn something as stunning as this before. She then looked into the box and found a pair of silver heals with a silver tiffany bracelet to go with it. That wasn’t the end; at the very end was a black trenchcoat for her to wear over the outfit for when she was outside. Jaekyung couldn’t even find the words to express how she felt at that moment, she knew Baekhyun would have planned something for her but she didn’t expect him to do all this. Jaekyung shook herself out of her daze and put the dress down slowly, quickly fishing out her phone to text her boyfriend.
 
 
“Baek! Oh my gosh, the dress… it’s beautiful!”
 
“Haha, I’m taking that you got the package and that you like it? Yeah?”
 
 
Baekhyun’s smug attitude would have resulted in a beating from Jaekyung but she let it slide this time.
 
 
“Like it? I love it! I can’t wait to put this on.”
 
“And I can’t wait to see you in it.”
 
“You’ll see it soon enough.”
 
“On second thought, I’ll come get you at five tomorrow.”
 
“Haha Baek! Patience is a virtue you know.”
 
“Riiight… but fine, six tomorrow okay? No later!”
 
“Don’t worry, I’ll be ready in time. Thank you so much for the dress Baek, I’ll see you tomorrow <3”
 
“Glad you love it Jaekyung-ah, I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Bye <3”
 
 
Jaekyung put her phone away then stared at the dress, a dreamy sigh leaving her lips. I wonder what Baekhyun has in store for me tomorrow?
 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am SOOOOO sorry for this overdue update! I've been really busy with exams and papers so I haven't really found the time to type up the ideas I had until today. I hope this chapter didn't disappoint annnd can anybody guess which EXO member I chose to cameo as the delivery boy? XD