Chapter 39.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

Jaekyung went through her closet and took out a pair of sweats and one of her giant t-shirts while Baekhyun stood outside her room. She wouldn’t let him in.
 
“You can wear these since they’re too big for me; I bought the wrong size and never got a chance to return them before the date on the receipt expired.” Baekhyun took the clothes from Jaekyung’s hands and thanked her.
 
“Thanks, I’ll go get changed now. No peeking!” Baekhyun laughed as Jaekyung smacked him for being so playful. “Ahh, help, my abusive girlfriend is hitting me again.”
 
“Abusive?! Yah! Baekhyun! Jaekyung pushed Baekhyun lightly only for him to grab her hands in the process.
 
“Ahh, so strong, I think I might have internal bleeding.”
 
“Internal bleeding? Stop being such a drama queen Baek.” Jaekyung tried to move her hands but Baekhyun kept his grip strong enough to keep her hands locked with his. “I think I need a kiss to heal my wounds.” Baekhyun tugged Jaekyung’s arm lightly until she collided with his chest.
 
“Yah, Baekhyun, stop playing around and go get changed.” Baekhyun continued to keep his hand over Jaekyung’s.
 
“Not until I get my kiss.” Leaning down, Baekhyun was about to place his lip over Jaekyung’s when she closed her eyes. She’s still so shy when it comes to something more than a peck. Feeling mischievous, Baekhyun kisses her forehead instead then let’s go and leaves for the washroom to get changed. Jaekyung opened her eyes and watched as Baekhyun walked away with a smug expression. She shook her head at how childish he is then closed the door and got changed herself. When she finished she opened her door again and looked around to see if Baekhyun is done. Not yet…
 
By the time Baekhyun finished getting changed and washing his face, Jaekyung was already passed out on her bed. She had intended to wait until Baekhyun was done getting ready but the moment she finished putting on her hello kitty pajamas and taking a seat on her bed, her head began to nod back and forth. Her eyelids grew heavy and she fell asleep shortly after. Baekhyun was about to call Jaekyung out of her room when he noticed how she was sitting cross legged on her bed with her head hanging down. He knows that he’s not supposed to go into her room but he wouldn’t want Jaekyung waking up feeling sore tomorrow. Baekhyun made his way inside and helped moved Jaekyung into a better sleeping position. He rested her head against the pillow gently then put her blanket over her. Although he felt tired himself, Baekhyun wanted to stay with Jaekyung a little longer. He grabbed the chair from her desk and sat next to her bed. He brushed her hair away from her face and watched as her eyebrows started to pinch together. She must be having a bad dream.  Baekhyun pressed his thumb against the space between her eyebrows lightly and smoothened out the creases created by the discomfort of her dreams.
 
“Mmm, no the derivative of e^(-x) is -e^(-x) not -e^x.” Baekhyun chuckled as she began to mumble about some sort of a math equation that he didn’t understand. Of course Jaekyung would dream about calculus, she’s such a cute little nerd. His cute little nerd.
 
“I thought the portfolio isn’t due until Wednesday?” Jaekyung’s eyebrows pinched together again, only relaxing when Baekhyun smoothened them out again. Baekhyun sighed and felt his heart tug a little at how stressed Jaekyung is even while she’s asleep.
 
“You work so hard all the time sweetie; I wish I could help lessen up that load.” Jaekyung groaned in her sleep, most likely out of frustration from an assignment she’s dreaming about. “Jaekyung, you need to stop worrying all the time. You’ve got this.” Baekhyun placed his hand over Jaekyung’s cheek and it lovingly with his thumb. Jaekyung shifted slightly at his touch but didn’t wake up. Baekhyun started to hum, in hopes that it’ll help relieve her state of stress. As he continued to hum he got to the chorus of DBSK’s “Good Night” and started to sing it delicately.
 
“Tomorrow, tomorrow tomorrow, everything will probably be better than today, I promise
Now don’t worry and come into my arms baby, fall into a deep sleep like a child
Baby, Dreamin’ dreamin’ dreamin’, tonight, you will happily dream as you smile
You are smiling – tomorrow will be better – have a good good night”
 
“Good night Jaekyung.” Baekhyun felt his heart warm up when Jaekyung’s sleeping expression relaxed and turned into a peaceful one accompanied by a sweet smile. “That’s better, sweet dreams Jaekyung ah.” Baekhyun kissed Jaekyung goodnight then got up. He put her chair back quietly and took one last look at his sleeping angel before turning off the lights and crawling into the couch and blankets he missed. He grabbed his phone from the table next to the couch and set an alarm for eight in the morning. Jaekyung doesn’t wake up until nine on the days she has late classes so that gives him an hour to get ready and make her breakfast. He extends his arms and puts his cellphone away, yawning while doing so. He closed his eyes and snuggled into the sheets as sleep took over.