Chapter 41.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

Putting her books into her backpack, Jaekyung double checks again to make sure she has everything before putting her jacket on.
 
“Okay, I’m ready, let’s go.” Jaekyung reaches for her backpack but Baekyun beats her to it.
 
“I’ll carry it for you.” Baekhyun throws the backpack over his shoulders and takes Jaekyung’s right hand into his. “Let’s get you to school Jaekyung-ah.”
 
 
 
 
 
Kris puts an X on his calendar to mark another day that has gone by. Only ten days left before Chanyeol and Tao turn a hundred years old together. He smiles then clasps his hands together, confident that they’ll pass the test to becoming full fledge angels; Especially since they recently went through something so chaotic. Someone knocks on Kris’s door lightly and he knows who they are already. Oh speak of the devils.
 
“Come in.” Kris sets the calendar down and moves away from his bed to his table. Just as he had expected, Chanyeol and Tao are here.
 
“Morning Kris!” The two spoke at the same time, giant grins on their faces.
 
“Good morning to you too, is there something you need?” Chanyeol and Tao exchanged glances before pulling Kris into a giant hug. Kris’s eyes widened at their action. “W-what do you think you guys are doing?” The two angels in training merely hugged him tighter.
 
“We heard from Lay!” Kris chuckled then shook them off.
 
“Annd?” He raised his eyebrows in amusement, these kids.
 
“Thank you for putting in a good word for us with the higher ups.” Chanyeol hugged Kris again as he spoke only for Tao to pry him off.
 
“And for dealing with the two of us and our trouble making ways!” Tao threw his arms around Kris and smiled widely.
 
“It’s no big deal you two, you guys did a great job so I merely told the truth. Other’s would have simply taken Baekhyun and put him back to his body without another word. It would have lessened their troubles but it wouldn’t benefit the human they’re in charge of at all. Although the two of you did create a slight hassle for me, you guys did the right thing. So be proud of yourselves alright? You’ve got ten days left before your full fledge wings come in so I suggest the two of you get well rested until then.” Kris then pointed at the set of wings on his back “these can be pretty tiring for the first week.”  
 
“Roger that!” Chanyeol and Tao put their right hands on their foreheads and gave Kris a salute. Kris shook his head at the two giant children and patted their shoulders.
 
“Get to work guys.” 
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter, I actually have quite a bit written but due to my Linguistics Midterm tomorrow I only managed to look over this much. My eyelids are currently drooping as I type LOL.