Chapter 25.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

 
 
“You guys have three days.”
 
“What?! But Kris, can’t you help us stall just a little more? Just a little bit? He’s changing but he hasn’t made up his mind on anything yet! Five days, please!” Chanyeol held onto Kris’s arm as he pleaded for more time.
 
“Chanyeol, you can’t keep this up. It’s getting dangerous, the longer his spirit stays away from his body the longer it’ll take for him to heal and wake up. His spirit is also getting weaker as well; he can’t live off of his soul mate’s energy forever. Three days and that’s that.” Chanyeol sighed and lowered his head in defeat; he knew that Kris was right.
 
“I understand.”
 
 
 
Jaekyung has afternoon classes today and two days off from volunteering but she can’t seem to get her mind off of Jaemin. She gets up early and makes breakfast and eats on her own before wrapping up Baekhyun’s, it’s too early to wake him up right now. Jaekyung heads to her room and decides to finish the rest of her homework and to get some studying in. She’ll drop by the hospital to check on Jaemin then head to class afterwards.  
 
Jaekyung was scribbling down on her sticky note pad with a new set of exam reminders as well as the changes in her volunteer hours when she heard a loud crash from the kitchen. She sprinted outside and saw Baekhyun standing next to a broken plate and a pile of bacon and eggs. She usually would have scolded him for making a mess but the look on his face told her that something went wrong.
 
“Baek? Are you alright?” Baekhyun simply nodded his head and grabbed the dust pan to clean up the mess. Jaekyung walked towards him with a set of rubber gloves.
 
“Put these on or your hurt yourself!” Baekhyun reached up to take the gloves from Jaekyung but his hands went right through it. His eyes widened as he withdrew his hand quickly before Jaekyung noticed.
 
“It’s okay, I got this.”
 
“Mm… alright but don’t come crying to me when you cut yourself.” Jaekyung put the gloves away and went back to her room, finishing the reminders on her sticky notes then putting them onto the mirror in the bathroom. She then set her thinks in her backpack and got ready to go out.
 
“I have classes soon, I’ll be back around seven so can you make dinner today?”
 
“Yeah, I’ll do that and err… have… fun at school.” Baekhyun spoke awkwardly, causing Jaekyung to laugh.
 
“Thanks Baek, I’ll be sure to have fun haha. Bye!” Jaekyung opened the door and left, making sure to drop by at the hospital for a quick visit.
 
 
Once Jaekyung left Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief and took his left hand out of his pocket. He stared at it and waved it in front of his face multiple times; transparent… this can’t be good.
 
 
The immense amount of notes and hands on exercises at school helped Jaekyung’s day pass by fast while Baekhyun’s caution with his hand disappearing then reappearing while making dinner caused him to have quite a long and tough day. He barely finished before Jaekyung came home.
 
The jingling of keys could be heard as Jaekyung unlocked the door.
 
“I’m ho-, wahh, smells awesome Baek!” Jaekyung threw her bag onto the floor and rushed to the kitchen, almost bumping into Baekhyun in the process.
 
“Woah, woah, woah, someone’s in a hurry. How about you go wash your hands first?” Jaekyung smiled sheepishly and put her hand on her forehead, giving Baekhyun a small salute.
 
“Yes sir.”
 
The two friends then proceeded to enjoy the chicken piccata Baekhyun made. Jaekyung was especially happy since she’s never tried anything like this before.
 
“Mmm, this is delicious, what is this called Baek?”
 
“Glad you like it and oh it’s chicken piccata. One of the few things I learned how to make cause well… I got banned from one of my favourite restaurants and they made the best chicken piccata in the world haha.”
 
“Tsk tsk, if you don’t mind me asking, why were you banned?” Baekhyun’s face grew pink at her question, it was a rather embarrassing story.
 
“I pansted my friend during his sixteenth birthday and I guess he thought it’d be funny to do the same to me on my sixteenth birthday as well. Long story short, he didn’t think it through. His dinner was at home and mine’s was at a public restaurant.”
 
“Haha! Oh no! Imagine all the people you guys scarred!”
 
“Hey! If I do say so myself, I have some pretty fine thighs, they should be honoured to have seen them!” Jaekyung and Baekhyun bursted into laughter at his remark, the tense atmosphere from a few days ago disappeared completely.