Chapter 5.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

Baekhyun kept a small distance between him and Jaekyung as he followed her home, she would turn around and glance at him every now and then.

“What?”

“Oh, sorry I’m just..” Digesting the fact that I’m taking a total stranger home. “Nevermind.”

“Uh, Okay.” Baekhyun grew up in a wealthy family and always had his way. Most people would find it odd to follow a stranger home as well but he didn’t see it like that at all. Of course she’d take him home, she’s the only person that can see him and he needs a place to stay. It’s not like he’s dangerous or anything.

The two finally reached Jaekyung’s apartment, giving Baekhyun a shock as Jaekyung gave him a quick tour. Her notebooks, pencils, and everything that a student would own were scattered on her kitchen table and living room. They were everywhere. There were sticky notes reminding her of the things she had to on her bathroom mirror and a giant calendar that was literally filled to the brim on her fridge. She had a small place but it was fine for a student to live on her own. One washroom, a decent kitchen, a living room and one bedroom.

“Um, where am I going to be sleeping?”

“The couch, where else? I don’t have another room for you and I’m not going to let a male sleep in my bedroom.” Jaekyung went into her room and opened up her closet where extra blankets for the winter were.

“Here take these.” Jaekyung passed him the blankets and noticed an odd expression on his face. “What’s wrong?”

“No this is just really weird, I wasn’t able to touch anything at the hospital. I even had to wait for a nurse to open the door before I could get out.” Jaekyung thought it was odd as well but she was much too tired to think of an explanation.

“Let’s just get some sleep, we’ll try to figure out what to do tomorrow when I get back from school. Ah and a quick question, since you can feel tired can you feel hunger as well?”

“Um now that you’re asking me, I didn’t feel hungry, cold or tired and well I didn’t feel anything at all until you tripped over my feet today... I’m actually really hungry right now...” Baekhyun’s stomach growled right after he spoke and Jaekyung let out a small frustrated groan. She’s exhausted from a long day and class starts at eight tomorrow but she won’t let a guest of hers stay hungry in her house.

“Just sit here and wait, I’ll make you some ramyun.” Baekhyun sat down on the couch and set the blankets Jaekyung gave him down before getting up. Jaekyung went to the kitchen already and Baekhyun didn’t want to watch tv or anything. Feeling bored, he decided to look around her apartment a little more. The quick tour she gave him earlier was interesting, she’s so messy for a girl. Baekhyun walked around the living room first and noticed that pictures of Jaekyung and who he believes would be her parents were everywhere. From when she was a newborn to when she was a child and all the way up to her high school graduation. He made his way to the hallway and took a quick glance into her room, that was the only place she didn’t show him. Curious, Baekhyun poked his head in but made sure not to completely go inside. Unlike the rest of her house, her room was neat. Her desk was covered in books but other than that everything was really organized. She had a shelf filled with textbooks, a light on her desk for studying at night, and a giant drawer for her clothes. Her bed was situated in the right corner of her room, he looked at her blankets and laughed at the giant Hello Kitty that stared back at him. How old is she anyways? Baekhyun made his way to the bathroom and started reading the sticky notes that covered the left hand side of her mirror.

“Don’t forget to buy candy for Jaemin and read a bedtime story to Sora!”
“Remember to bring extra hair ties, some of the younger kids pulled them out last time!”
“Chem Exam on the 5th, STUDY hard!”
“Sooyeon unnie doesn’t like being called unnie, don’t forget that!”
“Remember to tell Mrs. Lee to swap your Bio Exam! It overlaps with the Physics one!”
“Library closes at nine PM on Tuesdays now.”
“Only one more year until you’re done undergrad! That’s one step closer to becoming a doctor, fighting Jaekyung!”

Baekhyun laughed at the encouragements and reminders she left herself, this girl, she’s definitely something. Wait... A third year medical student who lives on her own, hmm, that only makes her a year older.

“The ramyun is done!” Baekhyun turned off the lights to her washroom before heading out to the kitchen.

“I thought I told you to stay in the living room, where did you go?”

“What do you think? I needed to use your washroom.” Jaekyung gave Baekhyun a suspicious look but shook it off.  

“Okay, then. Finish your ramyun then put the bowl into the sink, I need to get some sleep now.” Jaekyung took her apron off and headed straight to her room. She closed her bedroom door and locked it before crawling into bed. Just in case.