Chapter 42.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

 
With his hands in his pocket Baekhyun wanders around the city of Seoul without a destination in mind. He just dropped Jaekyung off at school and had intended to head home and get some work done but his heart just isn’t in it. He can’t do the work for a class that he doesn’t want to be in. With a heavy sigh Baekhyun stared up at the sky, his face cold due to the winter’s chilly breeze. Decisions… decisions…
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Tao hurry up!” Chanyeol had a giant cardboard box full of documents in his hands while Tao scrambled to open the door for him.
 
“Sorry!” Tao opened the door quickly and followed Chanyeol into Kris and Lay’s office. He set the box down and plopped himself onto a chair. Before turning into full-fledged angels a lot of paper work must first be done. This is actually how many angels in training fail their examinations and end up working in the back rooms and offices. Chanyeol shuttered at the thought and started to organize their things, there is no way he’d work behind the scenes, being an angel in action is so much better. With their new titles many new responsibilities and rules are also included. Kris may be confident in the two of them but Chanyeol and Tao are still extremely nervous.
 
“We have ten days left Chanyeol.” This marks the first day of their trial. For ten days up until they turn a hundred, a series of tests and such will come along the way. It’s nothing official, there are no definite answers to some questions and even the questions themselves can come in any shape or form. It’s tradition and no one breaks tradition.
 
“Yeah… Day one shall commence in t-minus two hours!”
 
“You nervous Chanyeol?” Tao took a stack of papers from Chanyeol and started to go through the places that required his signature.
 
“Yeah, but we’re in this together and I know you’ve got my back.” Tao chuckled and punched Chanyeol’s arm lightly.
 
“Of course I’ve got your back, we’re partners!”
 
“And for the rest of eternity too!” Chanyeol started to laugh as he clapped while Tao just stared at him.
 
“You’re so weird sometimes.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Is Jaekyung coming over for dinner tonight?” Baekhyun got home around four and went straight to the living room to greet his mother.
 
“No, she’s got quite a bit of work to do so I’m going to bring her food before I head to class tonight.”
 
“Oh alright, tell her I said hi.”
 
“Will do.” Baekhyun remained standing in the living room awkwardly before taking a deep breath. “Omma?”
 
“Hmm, what is it?” Baekhyun’s mother could tell something was wrong with him the moment he stepped foot into the house but like always, she’ll wait until he wants to talk about it first.
 
“What… what if I told you that I don’t want to take over appa’s company?” Baekhyun’s mother wasn’t the least bit surprised at Baekhyun’s confession; he was never the business type.
 
“I’d be perfectly fine with that and I’m sure your father would be as well.”
 
“You really think so? I mean… I’m the only son and appa has been so happy with me lately now that I’m actually doing work in my business courses, I just want you guys to be pr-”
 
“Baekhyun, we are.”
 
“-oud of me and wait huh?”
 
“We are Baekhyun, we’re proud of you.”
 
“But what is there to be proud of?” Baekhyun’s mother chuckled and gestured for Baekhyun to take a seat next to her.
 
“Everything. Baekhyun, you managed to pick yourself back up without our help. Your grades have gone up, you attend meetings even though you don’t want to be there and you put your father and I before yourself. We’re not blind you know? Do what you want to do with your life, we’ll support you no matter what. You can take my word for it.” Relieved would be an understatement for how Baekhyun felt right now.
 
“Thanks omma.” Baekhyun’s mother put her hands on top of his and smiled.
 
“Now, tell me what it is you actually want to do. You wouldn’t have brought up this conversation if you didn’t make your mind.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Two days have gone by and there has yet to be a surprise attack or duty for Chanyeol and Tao to do. The two of them are starting to get nervous.
 
“Tao, it’s been really quiet… a little too quiet.”
 
“Yeah I know, I remember when Chen and D.O. did this they were sent back and forth between picking people up at the gate to working on their own humans. Why haven’t we had anything to do yet?
 
“What if they’re planning something huge for us?”
 
“That’s exactly what I’m scared of…”