Chapter 2.

Seeing Through Her Eyes
 
Tao flew into the hospital room and saw a panicking Chanyeol, his angel wings were flapping in distress.
 
“What’s wrong?”
“He’s gone!!! His spirit disappeared!”
“WHAT?!?!”
“Kris is going to kill us!”
 
 
 
It was eleven at night before Jaekyung decided to call it a day, there's only an hour before the library closes anyways. She placed her books into her bag and headed home, her body ached from the intense soccer game that occurred earlier today. She washed her face and brushed her teeth quickly before changing into her sleeping clothes. Lying in bed, Jaekyung was falling asleep before remembering something that jolted her out of bed. She promised to go back and read Sora bed time story at ten but lost track of time! Sora is a cute little five year old that Jaekyung grew attached to. She was involved in a fire two months ago and had third degrees all over her arms but was lucky that her face was left unharmed. Her parents were lost in the fire and the only person she has left is an uncle who was busy with a family of his own.  Due to her condition and age, his uncle decided to keep in the care of the hospital until she got better. He didn’t have the time to take care of the young Sora, changing her bandages and such takes a lot of time and effort that he wasn’t willing to give. He had enough money to spare though. Jaekyung got out of bed quickly and glanced at her clock, eleven thirty.  Sora is a stubborn girl; she’s probably still awake and waiting for Jaekyung. Jaekyung didn’t even bother changing out of her hello kitty pajamas and threw on her jacket, dashing out of her apartment. She was panting when she got there, the nurses staring at her confused.
 
“Jaekyung, what are you doing here at this hour? Are you hurt?”
 
“Huh? What? Oh no, I’m here to see Sora. I’ll talk to you next time! Bye!”  With that Jaekyung walked towards the room that Sora stayed in quickly.
 
“You’re late.” Just as Jaekyung expected, Sora was still awake. Her high pitched voice sounded disappointed as she spoke.
 
“I’m so sorry! Unnie was studying and lost track of time.” Jaekyung pulled a chair next to Sora’s bed and sat down.
 
“It’s okay Sora unnie; at least you’re here now. No one else here reads bedtime stories like you do.” Sora grabbed a book from under her pillow gave it to Jaekyung before hiding her hands under the blanket again. Her small fingers were covered in scars and the skins on her forearms disfigured.  
 
Jaekyung picked up the book and began reading the story of Snow White to Sora. Jaekyung was barely halfway through the book when she heard Sora’s soft snores; the little girl had fallen asleep.  Jaekyung couldn’t help but smile as she looked at the innocent face of the sleeping Sora. Jaekyung absolutely adored kids; they were so simple and innocent, so full of life. When she saw the sadness that other kids had in the hospital when she was ten she made it her life goal to become a pediatrician (doctors who specialize in treating children). Sick kids can have happiness as well. Jaekyung placed the book down on the chair and fixed Sora’s sleeping position before kissing her on the forehead. Poor girl must miss her parents so much. The reason why Jaekyung would find time to read bedtime stories to Sora no matter what was because of that. The way Jaekyung read bedtime stories reminded Sora of her mother and kept her calm. Jaekyung took one last look at Sora before leaving the room, closing the door lightly behind her. She turned around to leave the hospital when a boy who looked a year or two younger than was standing there, staring at her.
 
“Oh my gosh! You scared me!  Are you okay? Is there something you need help with?” Jaekyung’s heart was calming down from the shock he gave her. She was still looking at him when he answered with  an odd reply.
 
“So you can see me!”