Chapter 1.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

Jaekyung works at the hospital as a volunteer to gain some experience in the field as well as to get use to the hospital’s atmosphere. As a third year medical student she isn't allowed to intern or do anything exciting but she's happy knowing she's able to help. Although it isn’t much she's able to comfort many patients at the hospital she works at. She often reads bedtime stories to the patients in the children’s ward and helps the seniors go out for walks when they needed fresh air. She even feeds the patients who have trouble eating on their own. The nurses love her enthusiasm and the doctors adore her work ethic. Almost everyone at the hospital knows who she is; everybody is looking forward to the day where she would become a certified doctor, even if that is eight years from now.

 

 

Jaekyung finished playing soccer with a group of kids from the children’s ward before leaving. One of the boys, Lee Jae Min, was in his final stage of leukemia but he still woke up with a smile on his face every day. He was extremely weak and sat on the wheelchair most of the time but Jaekyung decided to stay a little bit longer so he could be included in the fun today. She pushed him around as he kicked the ball, having the type of fun that kids his age should have. She waved goodbye at the smiling kids before sprinting inside to change out of her hospital clothes. As a volunteer who worked around children and seniors she needed to make sure she wasn’t wearing anything that would irritate the patients. Quickly changing out of her clothes Jaekyung grabbed her backpack and ran out the door, only to trip over a set of feet. Rather than being angry, Jaekyung was scared that she had hurt the person she tripped over, it was her fault for running in the first place. Getting up to her feet she turned around, apologizing as she bowed before running off. 


“Sorry! I was in a rush!” Baekhyun was left in shock for the second time today as the girl in front of him was apologizing. How did she trip over my feet? Can she see me? Baekhyun is beyond confused at this moment. He just experienced the most traumatizing event in his life. He saw his own body unconscious and still on the hospital bed. His mother was crying and the doctors said he was in a coma. He was staring at himself and tried getting the attention from everybody in the room only to fail miserably. Now some random girl had tripped over his feet and left before he could ask if she could see him. What is this?!