Chapter 47.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

The movie had long finished but Jaekyung remained seated against Baekhyun’s chest. His hand resting on her sides.
 
“Is there anything else you want to do before dinner today Jaekyung-ah?”
 
“Let’s go visit the kids, I haven’t seen them in a while.” Baekhyun helped Jaekyung get up and fixed her hair.
 
“Sounds like a plan.” Baekhyun reached over to grab Jaekyung’s backpack for her only to get surprised when she practically jumped him and ripped the bag out of his hands. After realizing what she had done she coughed awkwardly and pulled the backpack close to her chest.
 
“Hehe sorry… I’ve just got um… some girl things in there and I wouldn’t want you seeing them by accident.” Baekhyun’s ears turned a fiery shade of red as he stared at his girlfriend with large eyes.
 
“Oh… Okay then, I’ll go grab your coat for you instead?” Baekhyun headed towards the front where they hung their jackets and passed it over to Jaekyung before putting his own on.
 
“Thanks Baek.”
 
The two got their shoes on quickly and headed out the doors with their hands intertwined. Their driver had left with his mother already so the two decided to take a nice walk to the hospital together instead.
 
“Are you cold Jaekyung-ah?”
 
“Hmm? Nope I’m fine.” Baekhyun chuckled and stuffed the hand that he was holding into his pocket so that he and Jaekyung could be closer.
 
“You’re supposed to say, ohh yes I’m so cold Baek. Then curl up around my arms or something Jaekyung-ah.” Jaekyung giggled and rested her head onto Baekhyun’s shoulder instead.
 
“Nice try but you know I’m not a fan of doing aegyo Baek.”
 
“Fine…”
 
 
 
 
 
The two arrived at the hospital after a long walk filled with laughter and teasing. The two childlike adults didn’t even register the cold winter as they spent their time with one another.
 
“Annd we’re here Jaekyung-ah!” Jaekyung walked into the hospital with Baekhyun and headed to the children’s ward.
 
“UNNIE!! OPPA!!” A screaming Sora came running towards the couple grabbing their hands in each of her smaller ones, dragging them towards the rest of the kids.
 
“Hyunwoo oppa! Chaejinnie! Guess who’s here?!” Jaekyung went towards the kids and noticed that quite a few new faces have joined the group while a few of the older kids have already been discharged.
 
“Noona! Hyung!” Chaejin jumped up as Baekhyun picked him up while Hyunwoo gave Jaekyung a hug. Jaekyung then crouched down so that she was eye level with the kids.
 
“How have you guys been?”
 
“Not bad, Sora’s uncle has been coming to visit more often so we think he’ll be less busy and let Sora discharge from the hospital soon.” There was a slight sadness in Hyunwoo’s voice but he was truly happy for his dongsaeng. She’s always wanted to have a home again. Now that her uncle’s wife is pregnant with a new child they’re parental instincts have kicked in to take care of Sora as well.
 
“Oh really? That’s really good news.” Jaekyung smiled as she patted on Hyunwoo’s head and gave Sora a hug. “Are you excited?”
 
“Yep! They said that I’ll have a baby cousin soon too!” Baekhyun chuckled as he set Chaejin down and crouched over as well.
 
“You have to be a good noona to your cousin when he’s born Sora.”
 
“I know! I’ll be the best noona oppa!” Baekhyun tapped Sora’s nose lightly and smiled.
 
“Good, I’m sure you’ll take great care of him.”
 
“Of course! I learn from the best! Jaekyung unnie takes good care of you right Baekhyun oppa?” Baekhyun lost balance at Sora’s comment and fell over while Jaekyung covered in laughter.
 
“I take great care of you right Baekhyun?” Baekhyun coughed and got back up.
 
“… Right... Jaekyung noona takes great care of me Sora…”
 
“I know, Jaekyung unnie takes great take of everyone.” Sora then places her hand on top of Jaekyung’s.
 
“Come on unnie, let’s go play outside in the snow!”
 
“Haha okay okay, we need to get you and everybody else dressed in warm clothes first though.” Jaekyung and Baekhyun went with the kids to their rooms to helped them get dressed as they learned the names of some of the new patients.
 
 
 
 
Once all the kids who wanted to go outside were dressed the gang went out to have some fun. Jaekyung joined a group who wanted to make snowmen and snow angels while Baekhyun joined some of the older boys in a snowball fight. Jaekyung was helping Sora form better spheres for the head of her snowman when a snowball hit her shoulder, pieces of snow flying off her jacket and onto her face. She turned to face the direction of where the snowball came from and saw a running Baekhyun with a sneaky smile on his face.
 
“Yah! Byun Baekhyun!” Jaekyung placed the sphere onto Sora’s snowman and helped her touch it up quickly before grabbing a ball of snow and running towards her boyfriend.
 
“AHHH!” Baekhyun screamed as Jaekyung got him square in the face. She pumped her fist into the air then stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun after getting her revenge.
 
“You messed with the wrong girl Baek.” Baekhyun wiped the snow off of his face then waited for Jaekyung to turn around before throwing another snowball at her. He was aiming for her back but missed and hit her on the bum instead. Jaekyung’s jaw dropped as she faced a blushing Baekhyun.
 
“Um…” Baekhyun stood still while pieces of snow fell from his gloves, afraid of what Jaekyung would do next. Jaekyung dusted the snow off of her bum then crouched down grabbing a large handful of snow.
 
“Baek.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Run.” Baekhyun let out a girlish squeal as Jaekyung chased him across the field, successfully hitting him with the snowball in her hands before grabbing another handful.
 
“I’m sorry Jaekyung-ah!” Baekhyun continued to run, thankful that he’s athletic enough to keep some distance between him and Jaekyung. “Somebody stop Jaekyung! Sora!!! Save me!!!”
 
Sora looked up from her snowman for a few seconds before shrugging.
 
“Sorry oppa, I don’t think there’s anything I could do to help you.” The little girl then pointed in the direction of where the group of older boys engaged in their own snowball fight are. “Ask them, maybe Hyunwoo oppa can help you.”
 
Baekhyun looked over and spotted Hyunwoo; he sprinted towards Hyunwoo and threw himself behind his fort. 
 
“Hyung!!! YOU CRUSHED MY SHIELD!” Baekhyun looked at Hyunwoo’s face of complete distress.
 
“I am so sorry Hyunwoo! I didn’t mean too, here let me help you fix i- AHHH!” Baekhyun jumped up from his crouched position before he could finish his sentence. Jaekyung had aimed a snowball at his back but missed and got the back of his neck instead which resulted in snow getting inside of his jacket.
 
The kids laughed, momentarily stopping their game to watch Baekhyun flail around. Jaekyung clutched her stomach as she looked at her boyfriend, tears coming out of the corners of her eyes from laughing so hard.
 
When Baekhyun finally managed to get the snow out of his jacket he calmed down and turned towards the laughter that was directed at him. He was thinking of getting revenge on Jaekyung but stopped as he saw her leaning over practically crying from how much she was laughing. Baekhyun felt his heart warm up at the scene, her usually light skin is painted with a soft pink from running previously and the tip of her nose is red from the cold. Her eyes are squinted with the corners rising and is opened wide with the sound of her beautiful laughter travelling to his ears. Baekhyun brushed his gloves to get rid of the excess snow then approached the laughing Jaekyung.
 
“Haha I’m so sorry Baek, it's not even that funny but I can’t stop laughing haha.” Baekhyun could only smile as Jaekyung tried to stop her laughter but failing terribly.
 
“Hyung, I think Jaekyung noona lost her marbles.” Baekhyun chuckled and patted Hyunwoo’s head before telling him to go and play with the rest of the boys.
 
“Did you hear that Jaekyung-ah?” Jaekyung wiped the tears from her eyes and stood up slowly, taking in a few deep breaths to calm herself down, a feel small giggles escaping her lips in the process. Baekhyun shook his head and wrapped his arms around Jaekyung to keep her still, his face inches away from hers. “Hyunwoo thinks you’ve gone insane.”
 
Jaekyung looked up at Baekhyun as she released the last of her laughter.
 
“Maybe…” Baekhyun smiled at the giant child in front of him. He decides that he loves this side of Jaekyung as well.
 
“Somebody’s had enough fun for the day, don’t you think?” Jaekyung cocked her head to the side and hummed before answering Baekhyun.
 
“Maybe…”
 
“Maybe?”
 
“Mmm, maybe I’d like to have a little more fun before heading back inside.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Mhmm.”
 
“And what may that fun be?” Jaekyung got onto her tiptoes and placed her lips millimetres away from Baekhyun before smirking and giving Baekhyun a small push, causing him to fall into the snow.
 
“That.” Baekhyun looked up at Jaekyung before breaking into his own small fit of laughter. Yep, he definitely loves this side of her as well.