Chapter 35.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

 

Jaekyung couldn’t believe her eyes as they pulled up to the Byun’s driveway, their house was absolutely stunning. She had expected the classic driveway and a white gated home but it was extremely modern and made her wonder if she was still in the same city. Jaekyung was still gawking at Baekhyun’s house when the door she was leaning on pulled open. Although she had her seatbelt on, she still stumbled forward slightly.
 
“I’m so sorry, are you alright miss?” Jaekyung blushed and shook her head lightly at the male (whom she assumes to be another one of their workers) in front of her.
 
“I’m fine and it wasn’t your fault, I wasn’t paying attention.” After Jaekyung took her seatbelt off the male reached his hand out to help her, not noticing the daggers Baekhyun’s eyes sent him.
 
“Um, thank you.” Jaekyung put her hand in his and stepped outside of the car, she stood there awkwardly as he did the same for Baekhyun’s mother. He had intended to help Baekhyun as well but Baekhyun merely scowled at him.
 
“I can get out myself.” Baekhyun got out of the car and looked over at Jaekyung, completely surprised at her flushed features. Is she blushing because of him? Jaekyung noticed Baekhyun’s expression and walked over to him, thinking he was in pain from sitting in the car for so long.
 
“Baek, are you okay? Does your back still hurt?” Baekhyun’s expression softened at Jaekyung’s voice but he was still unhappy. First she disregards him as her boyfriend then she goes and blushes from touching another guy’s hand. Baekhyun was debating on whether or not he should show his anger when an idea flashed past his mind.
 
“Yeah, it’s kind of aching over here.” Baekhyun placed his hand on his right side and winced slightly to show his “discomfort”.
 
“Your muscles probably still aren’t used to you sitting up for so long. I’ll go take a look when we get inside okay?” Baekhyun nodded and smirked at the male when Jaekyung placed his hand over her shoulder to lean on. “Does this help at least?”
 
“Yeah, thanks noona.” Wanting to remain on Jaekyung’s good side, Baekhyun gives up on the nickname he gave her for now. Jaekyung rolls her eyes and follows his mother as she leads them into the house.
 
“So you call me noona, when you actually need my help. I see how it is.” Baekhyun perked up at her teasing tone and responded in a flirtatious way.
 
“Noona’s for when we’re in public, I’ll call you Jaekyunggie when we’re by ourselves.” Jaekyung did not expect that at all, her face became beet red at his comment. She cleared and looked away.
 
Baekhyun’s mother was listening to the two of them as she walked inside, absolutely elated that her son is finally doing something right for once.
 
“Baekhyun go show Jaekyung around the house, I’m going to get ahjumma to make her some soup.”
 
“Got it omma.” Baekhyun waited for his mother to disappear into the kitchen then took Jaekyung’s hand in his.
 
“How about I show you my room first?” Jaekyung stepped back slightly, absolutely mortified at what Baekhyun was suggesting.
 
“What?!” Baekhyun put on an innocent face and cocked his head to the side.
 
“Why? You still need to check on my back and I’m not planning to lift my shirt up here in front of my doorway.” Jaekyung bit her lips from the embarrassment and took in a deep breath.
 
“R-right, lead the way then.” Baekhyun beamed at his success in getting her flustered and lead her to his room upstairs. Jaekyung looked around as they made their way up, pictures of Baekhyun as a child literally covered the walls of their hallway. Jaekyung smiled when they passed by a few of his baby photos.
 
“I was a pretty cute kid hey?” Baekhyun continued to tease Jaekyung when he noticed her looking at his pictures.
 
“Haha yeah, what happened?”
 
“What?! I’m still cute!” Jaekyung laughed and shook her head at his playfulness.
 
“If you say so…” Baekhyun pouted and opened up his eyes, determined to have Jaekyung call him cute.
 
“How about now?”
 
“Yeah, yeah, come on let’s go, where’s your room?” Pulling Jaekyung, Baekhyun opened the door to his room for the first time in two months. Once they got inside Jaekyung took a roll of bandages out of her bag while scanning the interior of his room.  He had quite a collection of albums, video games and comic books. A typical male room that was completed with a massive SNSD poster plastered on his wall next to his bed.
 
“SNSD hey?”
 
“Hmm?” Baekhyun looked over to where Jaekyung was and realized that he never took it down. “Oh uh… yeah, I’m taking it down soon though, I’m getting a little too old for posters really haha.”
 
“Riiight, that coming from the kid who wanted to be called cute.”
 
“What? I’m just telling the truth.”
 
“Mhmm.” The two continued to bicker, until Baekhyun let out a small gasp. His lower back actually started to ache.
 
“Is your side hurting again?” Jaekyung set the bandages in her hands onto his bed and helped him over.
 
“No, it’s my lower back this time.”  
 
“Okay, um… lay down so I can take a look alright?” Jaekyung was never embarrassed to help him before but now that they’re in a setting that isn’t his hospital room she suddenly felt shy. Pulling up his shirt, Jaekyung took the bandages off and pressed two fingers on the left side of his lower back.
 
“Tell me when it hurts okay?” Baekhyun nodded and Jaekyung continued to press lightly on his lower back, making her way from the left side to the right. When she reached the end Baekhyun’s entire body stiffened.
 
“Ah, right there.” Jaekyung’s eyebrows creased as she took a good look at the area. His muscles were much to tense. 
 
“Baekhyun, have you been keeping up with your exercises and medication?”
 
“I may have missed a session or two when you couldn’t make it…” Jaekyung let out a deep sigh and pulled out his pain relieving cream.
 
“Baek, just because you’re discharged doesn’t mean you’re fully healed okay? Don’t you want to get better?”
 
“Yeah I know… I just didn’t want the other nurses touching me. I don’t get why there aren’t any male ones there whenever you’re gone.” Jaekyung put a dime sized amount of the cream on her hands them smoothed it onto Baekhyun’s lower back. Once it was even she cut a new set of bandages and wrapped him up again.
 
“There, all done.”
 
“Thanks, I promise to keep up with my exercises and medication.” Baekhyun sat up straight and watched as Jaekyung got off the bed.
 
“Good, I don’t need you worrying me all the time alright?” The playful atmosphere from before disappeared as Baekhyun looked up at the standing Jaekyung, reaching his hands out he enveloped Jaekyung’s left hand into his.   
 
“I’m really sorry for worrying you.” Jaekyung looked at his puppy dog like eyes and took a seat down next to him.
 
“Don’t be sorry, you didn’t ask to get hurt.” She brushed his bangs out of his face as she spoke, an action that has become a habit of hers. Before she could pull back, Baekhyun took that hand into his as well.
 
“Jaekyung, you clearly care about me and you told me you felt the same way before as well, why won’t you be my girlfriend?” A soft smile appeared on Jaekyung’s face from how serious the usually spirited Baekhyun became. “I promise you I’ll make you the happiest girl alive, I’ll do my best to be the greatest boyfriend out there. What do you say huh? Will you be my girlfriend Jaekyung?”
 
“I thought you’d never ask.” 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize for how bipolar this chapter was lol. It just kind of wrote itself as I typed XD