Who u?

At our own pace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     3 bottles in, 4 shots of something and my head is leaning against Gi’s shoulder.

     I think I’m done for tonight.

     Gi got me a bottle of sparkling water so I could lessen being a problem for her later, she’s drinking one too, she stopped after her 2nd bottle and 2 shots.

     By then I was still rational and fought for her because they were teasing her for being ‘KJ’ when I kept saying that she was the one driving between the two of us.

     Some of the guys even offered driving us home but knowing na malayo din to from her place, I didn’t like the idea of leaving her car nor the idea of someone else driving us. Added pa na she has to go back here the next day to fetch her car. 

     She was determined as I was to the idea of her stopping with drinking kaya they had no other choice but to let her go.

     Buti nalang daw at may ambag siya sa daldal department at she’s one of the people who keeps the conversation between the group going.

     Eh kung sabunutan ko nagsabi nun.

     ANG KULIT MO HA.

     Sabing magddrive pa eh.

     I think even Gi got a little offended with that side comment because we separated into our own little sub-circle after the whole thing happened. I don’t even want to look at that person’s face, he or she is my enemy for tonight, kapag feel ko masusuka ako, sakanya agad ako tatakbo.

     Like earlier, we have Marcus and Kyle, Jen, Pat, the 3 guys that were with Jen kanina sa parking and two other girls. We’re still a good amount of people kaya we took up the space of two booths that were side by side.

     Nasa pinakadulo ako kaya Gi’s not scared of me suddenly vomiting on her, kayang kaya niya akong ihambalos paharap sa kabilang side and we’ll just be sorry about it to Maui.

     The current topic pala is double standards, new term daw siya for the 3 guys we are with kaya Marcus and Pat are educating them about it and it’s good to say na they look like they are genuinely listening.

     My phone dinged.

     I opened my ringtone for tonight since I think I won’t be able to feel vibrations for the time being or I might be annoyed with the sudden motion.

     W: Pspspspsps

     Winter. This is her first chat to me since me and Gi left like 2 and a half hours ago.

     C: What

     W: U drunk? (^-'^)

     C: Not yet

     W: So may plano ka malasing?

     Parang nanay.

     C: Ala

     W: Chat mo pa lang halata na Monique
          Si Gi nalang kakausapin ko muna 

     What? no…. I wanna talk to you.

     C: Hey!
         No -,-

     W: Batet?

     C: Talk to me, wag si Gi.

     W: Wow rhyming

     C: I’m serious

     W: aYM siRIuS 

     I giggled.

     Gi’s talking to someone right now, one of our seatmates, I think. I glanced up to them, and I immediately regret doing that, parang nahilo ako bigla. They’re not minding me though.

     C: Not funny

     W: Hindi ko naman sinabing matawa ka :p
          Wag ka na muna makipagchat 

     Why? I asked my drunk self. What does she want me to-

     W: Baka mahilo ka kakatungo 

     Oh.

     I smiled, foolishly smiling.

     C: Eh ikaw kaya nagchachat sakin

     W: Ok, last na to

     C:  aww

     W: (:-* ) 

     I smiled. Still, I’m smiling. Why does she even think of that?

     Wait, has she ever drunk before? Probably she's past 18 na eh.

     I wonder how drunk Madrid can be.

     I bet she’s talkative.

     Gi glanced at her phone, umilaw kasi. ‘Is that Rid?’ agad kong tanong. Sineryoso niya ata talaga yung pagkausap dito sa aking frenny.

     I know Gi wouldn’t mind pero anong oras na din kasi, shouldn’t Rid be readying for bed? I know about her long skin care routine kaya I’m calculating what time she would finish if she’s not doing that right now. Anudaw….

     ‘Girl?’ masungit yung tono ni Gi, nakasilip lang naman kasi ako sa cellphone niya. ‘Si Mama, nangangamusta’

     ayt.

     ‘Alam ni Tita na may party?’

     ‘I think I told her’ nga naman, may parents pa rin naman si Gi kahit wala sila sa Manila with her.

     ‘You stopped drinking na?’ eyeing her empty bottle, Gi followed my line of sight. ‘I plan on getting one more, ikaw?’

     ‘Di ko pa ubos yung akin’ she just nodded at me. Tinawag niya si Kyle for a sec, asking for some nuts that we’re on their side. Those suddenly look good.

     Ang kuripot kasi nung iba, ayaw bumili ng pulutan, isa kami ni Gi sa mga bumili kanina tas grabe pa sila manghingi, hindi na tuloy naulit.

    

 

     By now I’m full-on clinging to Gi, nakapatong na din sakanya yung jacket ni Ning kahit na may sleeves na pa nga yung dress niya. Also, her head is leaning on mine na, the thing we are talking about by now is by what age daw ba nacoconsider ang isang tao as an adult.

     My answer was 18, the legal age.

     Gi’s was 20, kasi by then daw, you could assure that a person is already mature.

     It’s the guy sitting at the other side’s turn right now, I could still hear his voice but I can’t focus on anything but his glasses. Ang bilog lang nung frame.

     Tinabig ni Gi yung ulo ko. ‘Getting cold?’

     Possibly. Grabe lang naman yung kapit ko kay Gi, pwede na akong pumasa na koala or tarsier tapos siya yung branch ng tree.

     ‘Want me to get your jacket?’ I hummed, my head nodding directly at her shoulder as I finally feel sleepy. I do not want to fall asleep at this place, but I do want to be comfy.

     ‘Please’ she took me off her arm before squeezing her way out in front of me, I held her hand quickly before she got too far. ‘Thank you’

     Unexpectedly, I’m awake.

     Holding a plush crocodile,

     Feeling dumb about what just happened.

     Earlier....

     I was staring at the black screen of my phone, eyeing myself in my reflection when a chair was pulled beside me.

     I looked up and saw Alex sitting on it, his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter