Chapter 6

The Girl Behind the Mask

2 weeks later..

Lisa

I had a enough time for waiting Miss Jennie Kim confirmation about her contract. But whom am I should have some high hopes for her because she has now a child. So, maybe it's time to find another man or woman. I guess?

She really needs money in what I observed. But I don't know about her. Maybe money isn't her priority. I notice that Wena Kim post something about the rumors which is related to Junie Kim and Jennie Kim. Her company stock started to getting lower and lower. Because all the bad and hate accounts in social media started to spreading out in their company's reputation. So poor them and especially to Miss Jennie.

I don't know why but I'm just wondering if why I'm keep attached to Miss Jennie Kim? Like, I don't even know her but simple answer into my stupid question. It's because I like her.

That's all what matters why I don't want to give up. But I'm in my peak level to give up on her because I know that I don't have a chance for her.

My thoughts were interrupted but suddenly my phone rungs.

I started to check and it's Roseanne.

I don't know why but I'm excited. I started to pick up.

"Good day, Miss Manoban!" Roseanne said.

"Yes, Is there anything I should help?" I said.

"Miss Kim, wanted to talk about you like in personal. She asked, if when is your available time?" she said.

"I'm available right now. I'm not even busy" I said as I fix my dress.

"Okay Miss Manoban. She asked, if when is your location? Because she'll be the one who will come to your location" she asked.

"I'm here at my room"

"Your in your house?" she asked.

"No, I just call my office as a room" I said I make a big smirk.

"Oh, okay. I should tell her right now. And, by the time I will hung up the call. She'll come at your office for 30 minutes" she said.

"Okay, I will wait for her" I said as she now hunged up the call.

I started to put my phone down and started to vaccum my room. After I finish vaccum all of my room. I started to put some air freshener just for sake my room is clean and aromatic.

I don't know why but I feel panicked that I should really to meet Miss Jennie Kim. I know that she was like my business partner so why should I get panick?

I started to shook my head and then suddenly my secretary emailed me.

I check it and she just video record the grand entrance of Miss Jennie Kim at my building. I just fix myself and put some aromatic perfume and I sit down on my chair and started to open my computer but I just pretend that I really have a job to work on.

Then someone knocked on my door.

"Come in" I said.

I just released my exhalation. And, I just focused on my computer then I didn't dare to look at my guest if who is she.

She entered the room and she closed the door.

"Miss Manoban..." she said with a weakly tone.

"Yes?" I said as I looked at her and it was her. She's so y.

"Here" she said as she presented the big brown envelope.

I just receive and open the envelope.

I was shocked that she...she..agreed? on my exclusive contract?

"Are you sure about this?" I asked as I just my smiley face.

"I don't have a choice. But I should agreed to your exclusive contract because my company needs a damn money esepcially to my side, that is too many rumors to handle. I don't have a chance to report all those malicious rumors especially the one who have a business tweet account that is against on us and really spying and tweeting on my company's stock." Jennie explained.

"Okay, if that soo.." I just turn around at her and just bit my lip and wiggled my brows.

But , I'm just a creepy when I do that. Why I'm like that? *face palm* Lisa, act professionally.

I just placed the contract on my cabinet and she just fix her hair. She's really damn y.

"So Miss Manoban. What is your plan? When should we start about it?" she asked. Oh gosh she is really very serious but okay.

"Before I could tell you details about it. Did you and your son talk about this? Or like.." she cutted my words.

"Don't worry about it..he will follow and listen about it" she said as she show her weakly smile.

"Okay...." I said as I'm heading to her and I let her stood up.

"Hello, I'm Lalisa Manoban. Nice to meet you" I said as I offered her a handshake.

"Is this our introduction?" she asked.

"Go with the flow"

She offered my handshake and said "I'm Jennie Kim. Nice to meet you too" she said.

I break the handshake and I started to hug her..

"I really love you.." I said.

"What do you mean Miss Lisa?" she said with a shocked tone.

"Don't call me Miss Lisa when we are in our introductory. We should call each other's name"

"Okay Lisa? What is this hug all about?" she asked.

"It's a friendly-hug for me. Jennie! I really love how your so small and your perfect to hug. You deserved a love coming from the whole people. You deserved better" I said what I said.

After she heard it.. I didn't expect that she hug me tighter and said "You know Lisa, your the first one who said to me that I do deserve better. Your really the best of friend. Thank you so much" she said.

I was really touch that I was the first one who tell about those sweet things about her? I guess she don't really have a sweet boyfriend in the past huh?

"You're welcome Jennie" I said as I hug tighter just to feel that she's really secured right in my safe hands.

Then she started to break the hug and said "Why don't we have a coffee break? And let's talk about each other?" she suggested.

"It's okay for me" I said.

I started to close the A/C and I get my purse and my phone.

She just open the door and gets out first and I was the last one and I just closed the door.

Minnie saw us and she just smile like an idiot. Oh, Minnie don't be to obvious!

"How fun Miss Manoban and Miss Kim" Minnie said.

I just nodded.

"Thank you Minnie" Jennie said.

I started to click the button. While, we are waiting. It was really quiet mood for the both of us.

"So, Jennie maybe we should getting to know each other before we could get to the real deal"

"Yeah, I agreed Lisa" she said.

The elevator was now open and we both started to get in. I started to click the button to the Ground floor.

"So, how many siblings are you?" she asked me.

"Only child! How about you?" I asked.

"Well, I have one" she said with a awkward tone.

"Oh okay. Who is the maknae in the two of you?" I asked.

"I am.." she said.

I just nodded and she just noticed about something..

"Why the elevator is so straight going to your destination. Like is there any employees at this building?" she asked.

"Well...I have many rules to my employees. When everybody knows that I'm at my building they won't even dare using the elevator but instead they'll use stairs" I said.

"That's why! Your so strict. I hope you won't be strict on me" I said.

"I'm different when it comes to my friends and love ones. Take note about that"

She just nodded and both of us arrived at the ground floor.

We started to synced in going outside.

The employees and staff started to bowed us.

I just walk ahead going to our main door while I checked Jennie that she's really uncomfortable about something.

I was stop and heading back at her..

"Hey..hey..what's wrong Jennie? Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just amused on how your employees is so discipline. Mad respect at you Lisa" she said as she smiled.

"Well thank you very much" I said as she started to cling on my arms.

Both of us walk outside and heading to the café. I was amazed that Jennie is so comfortable at me.

"You feel so comfy at me. I'm really happy about that" I said and I saw that she has a cat eyes even though she wears a mask but I feel attracted at her.

"It's like that, I haven't been seen a good friends for a while due to some big rumors around at me" she said.

"Is that so? I'm happy that I'm your good friend"

"Why are you so happy, Lisa?" she asked.

"I met a good and beautiful friend for the first time and like she's a good CEO in the whole asia" I said.

"Worst CEO in the whole asia" she said as she trying to corrected at me.

"Your a good CEO Jennie. Trust me!" I said.

"I'm not really good CEO because my company stocks started to going down" she explained.

"It's just like a big rumors around at you. I just wonder why you haven't taken it down?" I asked.

"My company and my personal bank account was stolen by our prey. That's why I couldn't sue them easily" she said.

I just do my mouth a "O" action. As, we enter to the café. I started to tell her that I should pay our bills. At first, she insisited that she'll pay her own order but I insisted too but after minutes later she gave up and she ended up agreed at me.

I asked her if what she wants. She wanted a vanilla latte and a piece of classic chocolate cake. So I just nodded at her and I told her to find a perfect spot to get to know each other.

"Welcome ma'am to Starbucks! May I take your order?" The cashier greetly asked me.

"1 caramel macchiato, 1 vanilla latte and 2 pieces of classic chocolate cake" I said.

I started to get my credit card and the cashier told me the price. I started to present my credit card.

I started to check Jennie she's really look depressed. I was pity on her. I promise to myself and also to her that I should protect her no matter what because I know that in the near future she would be my future wife.