Chapter 2

The Girl Behind the Mask

Roseanne

Me and Ryan started to go outside on her mother's room.

I closed the door and I asked Ryan.

"Ryan, did you eat your dinner?" I asked.

"I haven't Auntie Roseanne" Ryan said.

"Poor you. Your mother didn't come to go home after she got to finish her work?"

"No, Auntie! Why is mom like that nowadays?" Ryan asked.

"Well, your mother is to busy and stress nowadays that's why she is like that"

"This is her first week for being a drunk lady at our house every night" Ryan said as he pouted.

"Did she help you on your assignments?" I asked.

"No, she haven't! It's been a week that I want her help but I guess she is a drunk lady" Ryan said.

Oh, Jennie. Your too obvious from what you've done to your son.

"Let me help you on your assignments! But first, I'll cook you some food"

"Really Auntie? Thank you so much! I'm really very hungry! For 7 straight days mom haven't feed me a dinner. I always drink milk. But today, I ran out of milk so that's why I didn't eat my dinner" Ryan explained.

Oh my gosh, poor him. He's such a initiative person. I wonder where he had this kind of traits. It's a big no for Jennie's side because she haven't initiative kind of traits.

"Sure, I'll cook your favorite dish!"

"Thank you Auntie Roseanne!" he said as he hugged my waist.

"Your welcome kiddo. Let's go downstairs!" 

Both of us hold hands together going downstairs. Then I started to cook Ryan's favorite dinner meal.

While I was cooking. Ryan get his plate and his spoon and fork. That's why I like my little prince! He's such a good boy.

After several minutes, his dinner was ready and I served the food at him. He started to show his gummy smile and he almost eat his meal but I started to fake cough at him.

And he look at me.

"What are you gonna do before you eat your meal?" I said as I furrowed my brows.

"I will pray" Ryan said.

"Good!" I said and I look at Ryan and he started to bow down his head and he started to say his thank you blessings for the food he had today.

That's why I like this little prince because he's such a diligent kid I've ever met. His attitude really mix up to Jennie and his father!

After he finished his praying he started to greet at me. "Auntie Roseanne, I'm gonna eat my dinner. Let's eat"

"Thank you kiddo. Enjoy your meal"

He smiled at and started to munch his meal.

//

After I clean up the dishes, he started to held my wrist and said. "Auntie Roseanne! Could you help me of my assignment?"

"Of course kiddo!" I said.

He smiled and we started to go upstairs and we go to his room.

He showed me his 3 assignments which is Math, English and History.

Damn, 3 major subjects! But it's okay. I could help him with my store knowledge.

But I could really help perfectly on his English subject.

"What do you want Ryan? English, History or English?"

"I want English, Auntie! Because I know your that good in English especially to construct some grammar" he said and that makes me blush.

"You should better learn English perfectly Ryan! You know, we don't know if your mother wanted you to move in at New Zealand!"

"I know Auntie. I'm trying my hardest. My mom actually speak English fluently. I always heard her English everytime she had a call on her phone. I'm really amazed" Ryan said.

"You know Ryan. You where born in New Zealand! But you'd move in here South Korea when your 1 year old and now your 9 years old! Time flies by" I said.

"Really Auntie? I was born in New Zealand? I should really learn English" Ryan said.

"Yes! You do! Now, let's finish your assignment so that you could sleep early"

He nodded at me and we started to answer his 3 assignments.

I always observe Ryan that he is a fast-learner person! I hope he wouldn't change!

After an hour, we finished all of his assigments.

"Thank you Auntie Roseanne" he said as he started kissed on my cheeks.

I started to kiss on his cheeks too. "Your welcome baby boy!"

"Auntie may I ask some questions before you go?" Ryan said.

"Of course baby boy! What is it?"

"How would you feel that you have a father?" Ryan said. I was shocked that his English is good.

"Do you understand if I would tell you a English or you preferred Korean?" 

"I prefer English Auntie! But I don't think I could manage to speak but I understand what you will said to me" Ryan said.

"Okay then, I would tell you how would I feel baby boy"

"Before you say anything Auntie. I like your accent!" Ryan said.

"Thank you so much. Back on your question. Father is like you have a big brother at you. Since their overprotective but things will get you easy and safe once you'll follow their sayings and advices. Sometimes, fathers are really annoying because they create some lame and corny joke. But you can get over it. Why you asking some questions baby boy?"

"Well, I'm just curious on what you feel because I haven't seen my father since then. I just only meet him a months ago but we haven't talk that much!" he said.

If you didn't know Ryan, Your father is really a coward and disgusting person. He doesn't love your mother that much. He want's only some ity and also some money. What a disgusting person! But I always admire that he such a good traits to but I was really confuse that if he had those kind of things will stuck on his head. He'll do some bad things just like what he did to your mother.

"Well, my advice to you Ryan. That don't ever talk to your father. You won't deserve his kind of treatment!" I said.

"Why Auntie?" he said with a frowned face.

"He did such bad things to your mother!"

"What?" Ryan said as he widened his eyes.

"Yes! So please don't come near at him!"

He just nodded and he started to yawn.

"Well it's time for you to sleep kiddo. You have classes tomorrow!"

"Yes Auntie, but thank you so much for cooking my dinner and also for helping my assignments!" Ryan said as he stood up.

"My pleasure is mine baby boy. Now, sleep. I don't want to see that you have a eye bags"

"Your so sweet Auntie, my mother didn't tell me those things" Ryan said as he started to lied down his body in his bed.

"Your mother is busy, Ryan! Please bare with her" I said as I started to patted Ryan's head.

He didn't respond. He started to yawn again.

"Now sleep baby boy. Good night" I said as I kissed his forehead.

"Good night Auntie! Please be safe traveling back to your home" Ryan said.

"Thank you baby boy. Good luck on your school" I said as I last kissed on his forehead.

He smiled at me and closed his eyes.

I started to open his night lamp and I shut the lights up.

I get out of his room and closed the door slowly.

I started to go at Jennie's room and check if she's good.

I open the door and her position is still the same.

Oh, Jennie. Your really drunk with that person who fooled you around for the past few years. I told you that you won't be carried away on your feelings at him.

Also, you just do some stupid incident because you randomly hug and puke at your big boss client for tomorrow's meeting. It was really embarrassing!

I started to closed the door of hers. Now, I just started to go downstairs.

Someone miss called at me for 5 times already. I check it and it was Jisoo.

I just rolled my eyes at her name because I'm sick of her. She do some dirty relationship works on me and especially to my bestfriend.

But I know that she was just only my suitor but the day I wanted to say yes about it. I started to know that Jisoo and Taehyung was really getting to married and they are already in a relationship for almost 4 years.

4 damn years and she wanted to find a girl? Oh ghad damn? She wanted me to make her mistress? Oh, hell no!

I just literally broke my heart especially to my bestfriend's heart!

Everything is really complicated except to our careers. Me and my bestfriend career is really very stable. I am so proud of her and also to me, I'm proud to myself.

Now Jisoo, started to miscalled at me. I was in the outside of Jennie's house. I started to click my car keys and I open the front door.

I don't know why but I started to accept her call and I answered her first.

Rosé: What do you want?

Jisoo: Are you mad at me?

Rosé: Who would be that person will mad at you for doing those foolish things?

Jisoo: I am sorry! But please, let me..

Rosé: What do you really want?

Jisoo: May I know what's your bestfriend name?

Rosé: Why should I tell you?

Jisoo: I'm just curious

Rosé: Curious huh? So you wanted to break her heart huh? Just like what you did to mine? Oh please..over my dead body Kim Jisoo!

Jisoo: But we sti-

*Hungs up*

I don't want to hear her lame explanation. I started to clicked the block button so that she won't call my number. I really hate her! 
Now, I started to turn on the engine and I drive myself going back to my house.

When I started to park on my car at my garage. I just freaking saw Kim ing Jisoo sitting on my doorstep. Okay what the hell she want from me?

She look at my car and she started to stood up. I just click my garage button key to open it.

After few minutes, it opens and I started to drive my car going inside. When it all done, I started to off the engine and I clicked my garage button key to close the garage door.

I started to go inside at my house and I heard Jisoo saying something at my front door.

"Rosé, please let us talk first! I don't want you to misunderstood things" Jisoo said.

I didn't say anything.

"Please Rosé, I promise to you that once I explain to you everything I won't bother at you" Jisoo added.

"Go home Jisoo, I'm tired of everything. Especially at you! I'm tired. Please go home or else I'll call the police" I said.

"Okay, I understand. Please rest well! Good night" Jisoo said as I heard some footsteps that she's going now.