097

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Ghosts

Pairing: Luck

Word Count: 512

 

A lot of people said that ghosts weren’t real. A lot of people said that ghosts were real. The two groups could argue about it all day and night, but as far as Sanghyuk was concerned ghost were very much real. Jaehwan was sweet, kind of loud at times but mostly sweet. Growing up, it had been like having a big brother. Sanghyuk didn’t have any actual siblings, so Jaehwan easily filled that void in his life. He was there for all the important stuff in Sanghyuk’s life, always waiting with a proud smile and a kind word.

And then Sanghyuk started to date his first boyfriend. Jaehwan didn’t like the guy, made that more than clear by how he’d pull pranks of the guy and glare at him. Sanghyuk didn’t understand why Jaehwan was doing it and they’d gotten into a pretty bad fight over it. Jaehwan had gone away for a week after that. He wasn’t always around, sometimes he left to take care of personal business, but he had never been gone that long.

When Jaehwan finally returned, Sanghyuk had broken up with his boyfriend. Sanghyuk didn’t want to talk about it and Jaehwan had felt very guilty. This had been Sanghyuk’s first real relationship and he should have handled things better. He just……he knew that they guy was bad news and he just wanted to protect Sanghyuk. Jaehwan decided to stay out of Sanghyuk’s relationships after that. Well, unless he found some kind of proof that the guy was trash.

He actually didn’t mind Hongbin, he fit with Sanghyuk pretty well. That was why they remained friends after breaking up. Hakyeon had taken some getting used to, but he grew on Jaehwan. It was sad to see him go when his job took him out of the country, but the breakup was mutual. Wonsik was probably Jaehwan’s favorite though, the ghost always had been a bit of a er for musicians. He wasn’t totally sure what ended the relationship since both seemed to really love each other, but it was what Sanghyuk wanted so he dropped the subject.

Then along came Taekwoon.

Jaehwan had kept his mouth shut tight on that one, mostly because he didn’t know how to feel. Sanghyuk was his best friend, the kid he’d been looking after for years, and Taekwoon……..he was Jaehwan’s little brother. On the one hand, he couldn’t imagine a better pairing then his two favorite people. On the other…….it was weird seeing his life messing with his death. Something told him that this was how it was meant to be, but he’d had other ghosts tell him that a ghost shouldn’t mix their life and death together.

Jaehwan watched as his brother shyly took Sanghyuk’s hand as they walked through the park. Sanghyuk smiled at Taekwoon, lacing their fingers together and continuing on with what he’d been talking about. This….this felt right. Like this was the reason why Jaehwan hadn’t crossed over all those years ago. Smiling softly at the pair walking away from him, Jaehwan started to fade away.

A/N: i……kind of regret that sad final line. I mean, it fits the story, but…..