076

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Sound

Pairing: Hyuken

Word Count: 317

 

Jaehwan winced at the sounds coming from the apartment above him. The fighting wasn’t anything new, not even close. He’d had to listen to it practically since the day he moved in. The sounds of things being thrown and things being smashed weren’t new either. The sounds some someone being hit and kicked weren’t new either, sadly.

Jaehwan started to get up when he heard someone slam the apartment door. The someone stormed down the stairs and Jaehwan only started moving again when he was sure that the person wouldn’t be coming back any time soon. Quickly, he gathered a first aid kit and rushed to the apartment in question.

“Sanghyuk?” Jaehwan asked, carefully opening the door, “Sanghyuk?”

“Here,” Sanghyuk replied, shifting into a sitting position and trying to wipe some of the blood away from his mouth, “I’m here.”

“Oh my god,” Jaehwan gasped when he saw the state of his friend, “what did he do to you?” He looked around for Sanghyuk’s siblings, “are Hakyeon and Hongbin--?”

“Spending the night at a friend’s house,” Sanghyuk replied, “when I heard that the old man got laid off…….figured that they’d be better off elsewhere for tonight.”

“What did he do this time?” Jaehwan hissed, setting to work fixing the other, “Drinking on the job? Starting a fight?”

“Don’t know, don’t care.”

The pair fell silent, neither knowing what to say now. Jaehwan was tempted to mention calling the cops, but he knew how Sanghyuk would take that. If cops got involved, so would social services. With them involved, Hakyeon and Hongbin would be placed in a foster home. Probably one different from Sanghyuk. They might even be adopted by someone who wouldn’t want Sanghyuk, who couldn’t deal with his problems. If that happened……..

Sanghyuk would not allow his brothers to be taken from him.

So Jaehwan held his tongue and just focused on fixing Sanghyuk’s wounds.

A/N: poor Hyukkie