059

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Not Mine

Pairing: Rahyuk

Word Count: 1084

 

Wonsik sighed as he watched two of his best friends laughing and joking on the other side of the room. He would like nothing more than to be over there with them, to be laughing and happy with them. Well, that was only kind of true. He would like nothing more than to be over there with one of his friends. He wanted more than anything to have all of that person’s attention on him and him alone.

Wonsik had known Sanghyuk and Hongbin since they were little. Their families ran in the same social circles, so it was only natural that they would as well. Especially him and Sanghyuk. Their families’ companies did a lot of business with each other, so the two heirs had to have a good relationship as well. Well, according to his parents anyway. Wonsik had never minded too much, he liked hanging out with his friends.

His older brother Taekwoon hadn’t liked it half as much. He had a different set of children he was expected to be social with and he hated all of them. More times than not, he could be found with Wonsik, Sanghyuk, and Hongbin instead of the people his parents had wanted him to hang out with. Their parents had ever gotten too upset about it, Hongbin and Sanghyuk’s families were more important anyway. But then came the day when they tried to arrange a marriage for Taekwoon.

That had resulted in a fight and Taekwoon leaving the house forever. Wonsik could still remember sitting at the top of the stairs, listening to his brother and father yelling at each other. One of the maids had noticed him and dragged him to his room as quickly and silently as she could. He had asked her about it, about what had made his brother and father so mad. She told him it wasn’t anything to worry about before leaving the room.

The next day, his brother was gone.

Wonsik didn’t get to see his brother again until several years later. By that point, Taekwoon had gotten married to the love of his life, Hakyeon. Wonsik was happy for his brother, but he was also very jealous. Taekwoon had it all; freedom to do what he wanted with his life, the person he loved most by his side, and happiness. Wonsik could never have any of that.

His parents had let Taekwoon leave because they still had him. If Taekwoon wasn’t going to carry on the family business, then Wonsik would. If Taekwoon wasn’t going to marry some girl to expand the family’s wealth, then Wonsik would. Wonsik knew that he could never leave, knew that his parents would do everything to bring him back. As much as he wanted to run, what was the point if he’d just end up back home again?

Why fight the arranged marriage he was being forced into, his parents would make sure it happened.

He wished he could be like Sanghyuk and Hongbin. Their families didn’t care who they married so long as they were happy. Even if others in their social circles disapproved of Hongbin’s engagement to the male owner of a small coffee shop, his parents were happy that he was happy. And Sanghyuk…..

“Wonsik dear,” his mother’s voice cut through his thoughts.

“Yes?” he asked, not even trying to hide his unhappiness. She wouldn’t care so long as it didn’t affect her public image.

“I have some amazing news,” she smiled, “the Hans have made your father an offer.”

“An offer?” Wonsik asked, looking for Sanghyuk only to find that he could no longer see him.

“They want to buy out the business,” she explained, “naturally your father was against the idea at first, but they made such an impressive offer. Your father would have been crazy to turn it down.”

“Wait,” Wonsik frowned, trying to understand exactly what was going on, “so…..you’re really selling the company?”

“Yes,” his mother nodded, “the Hans have given your father a position on the board, so he’ll still be bringing in an income. He won’t have to work and it’s as least double what he was already making.”

“I see,” Wonsik frowned, trying to figure out what exactly Sanghyuk and his family were trying to do.

Wonsik’s family’s company……..it had fallen upon some hard times as of late. The business was struggling, failing actually, but his father was refusing to admit it. His mother was as well, but he knew that she was starting to worry about being able to keep up her image. But even with their efforts to hide the truth, everyone knew. So why, exactly, would the Han family want to buy his family’s failing company.

“Oh,” his mother added as an afterthought, “they said something about having a position for you, too. You’ll have to ask your father, I wasn’t really listening.” With that, she left to share her news with her friends.

“Of course you weren’t,” Wonsik muttered.

“Does that woman ever think about anyone but herself?” Sanghyuk’s sudden appearance beside him caused Wonsik to jump slightly.

“Don’t do that!” Wonsik huffed.

“Sorry,” Sanghyuk laughed, “I couldn’t help myself. You know I think you’re cute when you’re scared.”

“Jerk,” Wonsik hissed, trying to get the blush to fade from his cheeks, “what’s this about you buying out a failing company?”

“Well,” Sanghyuk grinned, “I’ve been racking my brain for weeks, trying to figure out a way to save you from that arranged marriage of yours, and I just couldn’t think of anything. So I went to my parents and told them about everything. How I love you and you love me, but your parents want you to get married to someone they like and they’ll never let you out of it. And do you know what my dad decided to do?”

“Buy the company from my father,” Wonsik started to smile, “if there’s no company, then there’s no need for the marriage.”

“Exactly,” Sanghyuk grinned back, “my dad is awesome.” His smile grew even bigger, “you know, it’s not just freedom to marry me, you’re free to do…….whatever. The company is no longer in the picture, you don’t have to run it one day……..you can do anything you like now.”

“Yeah,” Wonsik replied, feeling like a weight had been lifted from his soul, “and right now……right now I just want to be with you.”

“I’ll bring you home,” Sanghyuk said, “my home, and we can just cuddle and watch movies. Sound good?”

“Sounds perfect.”

A/N: so the original end to this was gonna be sad, but I just wasn’t feeling the sadness so I went with happy instead.