065

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Lost In Thought

Pairing: Luck

Related Chapter: 054

Word Count: 422

 

Taekwoon watched silently as the members of the pack went about their lives. Everyone was happy, smiling and laughing and talking and enjoying life. One wolf was running a fruit stall, laughing and joking with someone who was interested in buying some of his wears. A pair of older wolves were walking side by side, chatting about their families. A group of children ran about, weaving through the crowd with more grace then Taekwoon thought possible.

Everyone wore their wolf ears and tails proudly.

No one even thought to hide their nature.

No one felt the need.

A few months ago, Taekwoon would have never been able to dream something like this. It had just seemed too fantastical. He’d convinced himself that he’d have to hide, just like his mother had hid all her life. Until the one night she just couldn’t hide her nature. Taekwoon remembered her tucking him into bed before heading out. She’d promised she’d be there in the morning, that she just needed to run off some energy and she’d be alright.

Taekwoon had spotted some garbage men picking up her body and dumping it. They thought she was just a wolf, nothing more than an animal who was hit by a car. Taekwoon knew better. He also knew better than to say anything. Instead he just let people believe she’d run off. They couldn’t know the truth, they wouldn’t believe it. Or worse, they would. And he’d be sent off to a lab and turned into an experiment.

“What’s with that face?” Sanghyuk asked, dropping down beside him.

“You look troubled,” Hongbin added, taking a seat on Sanghyuk’s other side.

Since meeting in the woods, Hongbin had become much kinder. Taekwoon figured it was because he’d decided that he wasn’t a threat to the pack. Even though Hongbin was part of the pack’s hunting team, he acted like he was part of its defence. Maybe it was because of Wonsik. Sanghyuk had told him that mates tended to pick up the other’s behaviours and make them their own.

“I was just thinking,” Taekwoon admitted.

“About your old life?” Sanghyuk frowned, “you know you need to let it go.”

“Won’t help you,” Hongbin agreed, “those memories…….they’ll always be painful as long as you dwell on them.”

“I know,” Taekwoon replied.

They’d talked about this countless times since he’d joined the pack. Taekwoon wasn’t sure if he would ever be able to let the past go. He feared that he’d always be trapped in thoughts of his old life.

A/N: poor Taekwoon. The part about his mother was actually borrowed from Wolf Children.