073

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Out Of Sight

Pairing: Hyukbin

Word Count: 590

 

If there was one thing that Sanghyuk had learned over all his years in the industry, it was that dating was fine so long as it was done behind closed doors. Sure, some idols could get away with it – some could even get married – but most had to keep their feelings and relationships hidden. It had never seemed fair to Sanghyuk, but what could he do about it? He’d worked too hard on his career to lose it all because some people didn’t like the idea of his heart being taken.

So, he’d dated in secret just like everyone else. He liked to stick to people in the industry, people who had just as much to lose as him. That way if the relationship ended, there wouldn’t be anyone running off to the gossip rags to spill their guts for a quick buck. He’d learned that from one of his in-company sunbae. They’d dated a non-celeb who’d done exactly that. Their career had eventually recovered, but it had taken a lot of time – something none of them had in this industry.

All of this ended up putting a lot of stress on Sanghyuk and his relationships. It was almost inevitable that the relationship would end, crumble under the constant pressure of his work and the possible backlash should anyone find out. After a couple years of trying, Sanghyuk had given up dating. His mother hadn’t been happy – she wanted to see her baby boy all happily in love with someone – but he told her that it was alright. Honestly, he was pretty sure that she knew that the words were more for his own benefit then hers.

Sanghyuk often told himself that he wasn’t lonely. That the single status he was ‘enjoying’ was alright. That he was enjoying it. But deep down inside he knew the truth. The truth was that he was so sick of singing about love and relationships when he couldn’t love and date. He was so tired of playing the romantic lead in whatever drama his company had booked for him when all he could do was play a boyfriend.

And then he’d met Hongbin.

Hongbin had originally tried out as talent for the company. He’d debuted in a boy group that never took off even though they had solid songs, but the company still saw something in him so they bumped him to acting. He’d gotten a few roles, had some good reviews, but once again nothing came of it. the company had then tried to book him as a model, but Hongbin hadn’t wanted that. He wanted to be more than just a pretty face. So instead of modeling, Hongbin became a manager.

He became Sanghyuk’s manager.

The pair had just……..clicked.

Still, it took them a while to actually get together. Sanghyuk was gun-shy after all the other failed relationships, Hongbin didn’t want to risk anyone’s careers – especially Sanghyuk’s since he knew how hard it had been for the other to get where he was. Eventually though, the pair couldn’t deny their feelings and started dating. As their feelings grew stronger, Sanghyuk started questioning if he could reveal his relationship of not. He loved Hongbin so much and Hongbin loved him, too. It wasn’t fair to his partner to hide those feelings. Hongbin talked him out of it every time, insisting that they would go public eventually. When a dating scandal wouldn’t hurt Sanghyuk and his career.

If there was one thing Hongbin regretted saying as he watched Sanghyuk’s funeral procession, it was that.

A/N: I’m just gonna leave that there.