038

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: You Can Always do Better

Pairing: Hyukbin

Word Count: 476

 

Hongbin scowled as he watched Sanghyuk talking with his boyfriend through the café window. To say that he wanted to go out there and pull Sanghyuk away was an understatement. He had never liked Sanghyuk’s boyfriend. Something had always seemed off about the guy. Some people who knew about his feelings for Sanghyuk often dismissed this feeling as simple jealously. Others knew that he’d felt this way about the guy even before he started dating Sanghyuk. That the guy really was trash in human form.

“Oh my god,” Hakyeon gasped as they watched Sanghyuk slap his boyfriend before starting to yell. They couldn’t really hear what was being said, but they could make a pretty good guess.

“What did he do this time?” Hongbin hissed, mind going crazy with all the possible things that the guy could have done.

“Must be really bad this time,” Hakyeon frowned, “I don’t think I’ve seen Sanghyuk this mad since……..ever.”

Before Hongbin could reply, Sanghyuk stormed through the door, angrily moving into the kitchen and silently starting work on some baked goods. Hakyeon and Hongbin shared a concerned look before going back to work. Hongbin would talk to his childhood friend later when work was over, when they were alone in their shared apartment and away from the prying eyes of strangers.

 

--

 

“Aren’t you going to ask?” Sanghyuk asked as he angrily took off his shoes and coat.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Hongbin asked, “because I’m not going to push you about this. I know you’ll talk when you’re ready.”

“He dumped me,” Sanghyuk said after a moment, trying his hardest not to cry, “for some girl that he’s been secretly seeing for months.”

“Are you ing kidding me?” Hongbin growled, beyond angry with the guy for doing something so low.

“He made it sound like it was my fault,” Sanghyuk kept going, the tears getting harder and harder to fight back, “actually, he straight up told me it was my fault. That I didn’t try enough. I didn’t do enough.”

“That’s a load of crap!” Hongbin shouted, “you bent over backwards for that loser! You always made time for him. You always planned dates and junk. He’s blown you off how many times? He even blew you off for your birthday the past two years! And you did more than enough for him. You helped cover his rent, you helped cover all the costs for his piece of car that’s always breaking down.”

“Do you think that was a lie?” Sanghyuk wondered, “do you think he was really fixing his car, or do you think he was spending it on her?”

“Hey,” Hongbin rushed to hug the other, “hey, it’s going to be alright, Hyukkie. He’s not worth anything. You can do so much better than someone like him.”

Sanghyuk just sobbed into Hongbin’s shirt.

A/N: oh, I do not like writing sad Hyukkie. It makes me sad, too.