010

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Public Persona

Pairing: HyuKen

Word Count:

 

Jaehwan bit back a sigh, trying not to glare at the people surrounding him. He hated it when his father dragged him to these meetings, all anyone did was talk about problems with the company. No one offered solutions, that was something the employees had to think up. That’s what they were paid for according to the board members. Jaehwan didn’t think it was right, but what could he do? He wasn’t the boss.

Not yet.

Until then, had to keep his mouth shut and pretend to be the perfectly behaved son of a CEO. He couldn’t question the board members, if he did they would question his placement in the company. They would say that he hadn’t worked for it and thus didn’t deserve it. If enough of them said it, he could lose everything. He knew that his father would cave to the board’s demands since demoting him wasn’t that big of a deal.

Jaehwan couldn’t afford that happening.

“I think we’re done for today,” his father said and Jaehwan didn’t waste any time in leaving, fleeing to his office.

“Rough day?” his secretary joked, looking up from his work.

“Hyukkie,” Jaehwan whined, rushing to wrap his arms around the other man, “it was horrible.”

“Let me guess,” Sanghyuk said, pulling Jaehwan into his lap, “it was more of the same? They rant about problems but don’t offer any solutions? That’s for us employees to think of. After all, what do you rich people pay us for?”

“Yeah,” Jaehwan nodded, relaxing in the other’s hold, “I hate them. All of them.”

“You only have to deal with them for a little while longer,” Sanghyuk assured him, pressing a kiss to his forehead, “you’re going to be the boss in a couple months.”

“Then we can run this company like it should be run,” Jaehwan grinned, playing with Sanghyuk’s hair affectionately, “we can fire all of those rich s and replace them with people who’ll respect our employees. People who want more from this company then an inflated paycheck and an even more inflated bonus for doing nothing.”

“It will be perfect,” Sanghyuk grinned, “but until then, you need to keep up this good son act.”

“I know,” Jaehwan sighed, moving so that he could kiss Sanghyuk on the lips, “I will.”

Sanghyuk and Jaehwan had met back in high school. It was a school for the wealthy, like Jaehwan, and Sanghyuk had gotten in on a scholarship. Their first meeting was pure chance, the pair bumping into each other in the library one cold, rainy day. The pair had an instant connection, Jaehwan often joked that it was love at first sight. Sanghyuk would often say that it was something deeper than that.

When the pair finished with high school, Jaehwan was brought into his father’s company to start learning the family business on top of going to college. Those days had been hard for the couple because Jaehwan had little free time, but they managed. It was also during this time that Jaehwan realized just how badly his father and the board were running the business. They didn’t respect the employees, didn’t care about them at all.

He’d gone to Sanghyuk right away, asking him what he could possibly do to make things better.

Together they devised a plan. It wasn’t that detailed or anything, it was rather simple, but it was their plan and they were proud of it. They’d wait until Jaehwan’s father handed the company over to him and then they’d fix everything. The board would be out, replaced with people who would care about the employees. Any and all policies that the company had that didn’t befit the employees would be gone next. Then the raises and bonuses would go to those who deserved them, who’d worked hard and done a good job.

It was going to be perfect.

Jaehwan and Sanghyuk just had to wait a couple more months.

A/N: I’m a little unsure with this one. Like, it feels like I messed up somewhere, but I can’t figure out exactly where.