070

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Phone

Pairing: Chasang

Word Count: 426

 

“Crap,” Sanghyuk cursed as he picked up his phone from the ground, examining the cracked screen.

“I’m so sorry,” a soft voice apologized, “I should have been looking where I was going.”

“It’s not totally your fault,” Sanghyuk assured the – very cute – girl that had bumped into him, “I wasn’t watching where I was going either.”

“Is your phone broken?” the girl worried.

“No,” Sanghyuk replied, looking over the phone again, “looks like it still works. I was gonna get it replaced soon anyway, so it doesn’t really matter if it works or not.”

Ok, so that was a bold-faced lie, but the girl looked so upset about it. How could Sanghyuk not lie? Wasn’t like she did it on purpose.

“Can I make it up to you?” she offered, “like, coffee or something? I mean, we’re in a coffee shop, so you must have been looking to get something. I can pay for it as an apology. Or are you here for your shift? I could get you something later then?”

Before Sanghyuk could answer, Hakyeon was by his side. His appearance was so sudden that Sanghyuk actually jumped a little. He watched silently as Hakyeon talked to the girl, sending her on her way as politely as he could before glaring at the ground.

“The nerve of some people,” Hakyeon huffed.

“Hakyeon?” Sanghyuk asked, “babe, it was an accident.”

“No, it wasn’t,” Hakyeon growled, “she’s been coming in here all week, watching you. She totally meant to bump into you.”

“I think you’re being paranoid,” Sanghyuk replied.

“She asked Wonsik if you were coming in today,” Taekwoon spoke up as he passed them with a tray of empty cups and dirty plates, “she meant to ask you out.”

“Should put a ring on it,” Hakyeon muttered, still glaring at the ground as he dragged Sanghyuk into the kitchen, “make sure people like that know you’re spoken for.”

“You’re getting too worked up,” Sanghyuk told the older man, “sure, it’s cute to see you so jealous when you don’t have to be, but…….she’s a girl.”

“I know,” Hakyeon sighed, “it’s just……sometimes…….”

“We’re five years apart in age,” Sanghyuk nodded in understanding, pulling his boyfriend into a hug, “and sometimes you worry that the gap is too big, that I’ll decide we’re too different and end it. But I’m not going to.” He paused, “maybe I should put a ring on it. So you’ll remember that I’m not going anywhere.”

Hakyeon hummed as he hugged Sanghyuk tighter, rather liking the idea of being married to Sanghyuk.

A/N: at first, I’d planned for the whole “two people bump into each other, then go for coffee” thing, but……changed my mind and a rather like the end result. Here’s a little look into my writing process, I like to leave filling out “pairing” for after I’ve written everything else. It’s like I’m telling my brain “write whatever you want, do as you wish, I don’t have any real plan or intention so let the ideas flow”