001

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Stuttering

Pairing: one-sided Navi, one-sided rahyuk, Luck

Word Count: 480

 

“Stupid,” Wonsik sighed, lightly hitting his forehead against his locker, “stupid, stupid, stupid.”

“You alright?” Sanghyuk asked, resting a comforting hand on Wonsik’s shoulder, “you keep doing that and you’ll give yourself brain damage.”

“You’re assuming he has a brain to damage,” Hongbin chuckled.

“Not helping,” Sanghyuk hissed at him before turning back to Wonsik.

“I talked to Hakyeon today,” Wonsik sighed, leaning against Sanghyuk’s shoulder, “I tried to ask him out, but I was just……it was just…….it came out a stuttered mess. When he asked me to repeat myself, I couldn’t do it. I ran off. I’m so stupid. He probably thinks I’m so kind of weirdo now.”

“You kind of are,” Hongbin said, stealthily taking hold of Sanghyuk’s hand and giving it a comforting squeeze, “and kind of stupid.”

“Don’t listen to him,” Sanghyuk laughed, squeezing Hongbin’s hand back in silent thanks as he flashed Wonsik a bright smile, “I’m sure Hakyeon doesn’t think that. I bet he totally understands. Or he will when you ask him out again. This time without the stutter.”

“You think?” Wonsik asked, smiling silently when Sanghyuk nodded, “thanks, Hyukkie.”

 

--

 

“I really don’t get how you do it,” Hongbin sighed as he and Sanghyuk walked home, “if it was me, I’d be a crying mess.”

“Lies,” Sanghyuk smiled slightly, “you don’t cry.”

“Well I would if I had to encourage the love of my life to ask someone else out,” Hongbin shrugged, “seriously, I don’t know how you can do it.”

“I love him,” Sanghyuk replied, his smile turning heartbreakingly sad, “so long as he’s happy, I’ll be alright.”

“You’re a good guy, Sanghyuk,” Hongbin said, “a great guy.”

“Can’t be that great if he doesn’t notice me,” Sanghyuk muttered. Hongbin knew he wasn’t supposed to have overheard Sanghyuk’s words, so he decided to keep his mouth shut.

Honestly, he was kind of starting to hate Wonsik for what he was putting Sanghyuk through. Everyone knew that Sanghyuk liked him, from their classmates to their teachers to their parents, and yet Wonsik didn’t seem to notice. He kept going to Sanghyuk about his crush on Hakyeon, ignorant to how much it hurt Sanghyuk. Hongbin wished with all his heart that someone, anyone, would come along and steal Sanghyuk’s heart away from Wonsik.

 

--

 

“Sorry,” Sanghyuk apologized, helping pick up the books and papers he had knocked out of the hands of the person he had bumped into.

“It’s alright,” the person replied, voice so soft and quiet that Sanghyuk almost didn’t hear him, “I wasn’t looking where I was going either.”

“Still,” Sanghyuk said, pausing slightly as he got a look at the other’s face, “I-I, um, I feel like I should apologize.”

“I’m sorry, too,” the other young man said, looking down when he saw Sanghyuk’s face in order to hide his blush.

“I’m Sanghyuk,” Sanghyuk said, “what’s your name?”

“Taekwoon.”

A/N: ah, Wonsik. You have no idea what you’ve missed out on. Hahaha it’s funny, the first theme of my original 300 theme challenge was Luck, and here we are now, kicking things off with some luck.