079

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Sherlock

Pairing: Rahyuk

Word Count: 416

 

Sanghyuk scowled at the papers covering his desk. When he’d decided to take over his father’s detective agency, he’d never once thought that he’d end up looking into a case like this. He’d been in charge for three years now and he’d been helping his father around the office since he was a child. Never once in all those years had something like this come to the agency.

Sanghyuk had one had to track down a stolen octopus. He’d once had to find the person who’d stolen from and vandalized his partner’s ex’s business – that was an awkward case. He’d tracked down missing people more times than he could count. He’d saved his little brother’s favorite teacher from fake accounts of sleeping with a student – Sanghyuk had come really close to failing on that one, if his little brother Jisung hadn’t insisted on helping…….

“Hey,” he partner and boyfriend, Wonsik, said, opening the door a crack, “you alright in here? Jisung and Felix just arrived.”

“I’ll be out in a second,” Sanghyuk smiled, “just let me clean up a little bit, alright?”

“Ok,” Wonsik grinned before closing the door.

Sanghyuk took another long look at the case laid out before him before starting to carefully gather everything together. He considered putting everything in his safe, just like he would do with every other case he was working on, but thought better of it. Something told him that it would be better to keep the file somewhere more……..hidden. He tucked the file into a secret compartment of his briefcase before grabbing his coat and the case and leaving.

“So,” Sanghyuk smiled as he watched his little brother trying to flirt with his best friend/crush, “where are you guys thinking of going for dinner tonight?”

“Someplace that sells chicken,” Jisung was quick to say.

“I second that,” Felix grinned brightly and Sanghyuk had to fight hard to supress his laughter as he watched his brother swoon over how cute Felix was.

“I could eat chicken,” Wonsik said, grabbing his own stuff before tossing Sanghyuk the keys to lock up, “you remembered your car keys, right?”

“I remembered,” Sanghyuk playfully rolled his eyes, “dang, forget something a couple times and you never live it down.”

The four headed out, Sanghyuk making sure that everything was locked up tight and that the security system was on. He made a mental note to call Taekwoon, his detective friend, in the morning about the case before giving the others his full attention.

A/N: so, fun fact ‘bout me: I love crime shows. For example: Private Eyes is awesome (especially since there doesn’t always have to be a body. Something real nice about a crime show that doesn’t do a ‘body of the week’ thing. Plus, they’ve thrown in a couple of kpop refs in a few episodes. Like, in one episode the main characters are trying to find a missing military school student and they end up in the wood. Shade puts on some old jazz song for Angie to, like, calm things down and junk, and then 4Minute’s ‘Whatever’ comes on). Instinct is the ~~ (not only is it based on a James Patterson book, but the cast is good and it’s got one of the best, most realistic gay couples. Seriously, it is so nice to see a gay couple that is a couple first). Anyway, Private Eyes was a pretty big of an inspiration for this one. All other cases in the second paragraph are from actual episodes of the show. I especially love the episode where the fav teacher of Shade’s daughter is being framed ‘cuz the actress playing the daughter gets a lot of screen time and it’s so good to see a blind character who’s, ya know, a character.