071

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Control

Pairing: Chasang

Word Count: 631

 

Sanghyuk cursed silently as he watched Hakyeon breaking his bones. The other should know better, should remember that his poor control over One For All would lead to crap like this. But Hakyeon always had been a self-sacrificing idiot, never giving a second – or even first – thought about himself. It had always driven Sanghyuk crazy. Trying to protect someone like that……..it was amazing that Sanghyuk had any sanity left after fifteen years of this bull.

He’d thought things were getting better. That getting a quirk from All Might, training with the Symbol of Peace, and getting into their dream school would make things better. Heck, he’d thought their fight during the battle training at Ground beta would have knocked some kind of sense into his childhood friend.

Clearly, he’d been hoping for too much.

“Look at his arms,” one of their classmates remarked and Sanghyuk struggled to control his own quirk. Judging by how everyone backed away, he’d done a ty job.

“You alright, man?” Jaehwan asked, his hardening quick making him the only one confident enough to get close to him.

“I’m fine,” Sanghyuk hissed, turning to leave. He knew how this match was going to end – Taekwoon would win, Hakyeon was too busy trying to save him from himself and his father to even remember the match.

 

--

 

“You won,” Hakyeon smiled slightly as the pair walked home, a medal around Sanghyuk’s neck and a sling around Hakyeon’s.

“Wasn’t much of a win,” Sanghyuk grumbled, “He gave up.”

“He’s going through a lot of things right now,” Hakyeon defended their classmate.

“Don’t you think I know that?” Sanghyuk snapped, “It’s his issues that landed you two busted arms.”

“I know you don’t like it,” Hakyeon scowled, “but you don’t have to take it out on me.”

“I-,” Sanghyuk paused, taking a deep breath as he tried to control his anger, “I know, I’m sorry. I just……Hakyeon, we talked about this. About you breaking yourself. You can’t keep doing like this.”

“I know,” Hakyeon frowned, “I just…….I couldn’t think of another way.”

“You know that’s crap,” Sanghyuk argued, “you’re one of the smartest people I know. You’re ranked in the top five in our class. A Class that’s ranked first in our whole year. If anyone could have thought of another way, it would be you. So stop giving me excuses and start making good on your promise.”

“I’m trying!” Hakyeon snapped, “It’s not that easy!”

“It would be if you actually valued yourself for once,” Sanghyuk yelled right back, “you think I’m blind or something? That I don’t see what’s really going on? You don’t care about yourself, Hakyeon! You get hurt like this because you don’t think you matter as much as everyone else!” he paused, “it’s like you actually believe the crap those loser extras said.”

The pair fell silently after that. Hakyeon honestly didn’t know what to say. He couldn’t deny it without lying, but he couldn’t agree without setting Sanghyuk off even more. The growing silence said enough for Sanghyuk thought and his anger grew with every passing second.

“I’m sorry,” Hakyeon finally said, breaking the silence. His tone was so broken that Sanghyuk just couldn’t maintain his anger

“If you get yourself killed,” Sanghyuk said, voice just above a whisper, “what’s going to happen to your mother? The people who care about you?” He paused, “Me?” Hakyeon winced, hating how upset Sanghyuk sounded at that.

The two fell silence once more, neither one knowing what to say now. Eventually, Sanghyuk moved to hug Hakyeon as tightly as he dared. Hakyeon leaned against him in response.

“I love you,” Sanghyuk finally said, pressing a kiss to Hakyeon’s head, “you know that right.”

“I know,” Hakyeon replied, snuggling against Sanghyuk’s chest, “I love you, too.”

A/N: I freakin’ love my Hero Academia, so I’m super happy to do an AU in that universe!! Sorry for missing a couple of days, guys. I got sick and just kind of shut down. But I’m feeling better and now I’m back!!