127

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Toy

Pairing: Rahyuk

Word Count: 450

 

Wonsik watched from his place on the shelf as his owner played with Sanghyuk, giggling happily as she made the puppet dance. He felt like smiling seeing the child so happy. But more importantly, he was overjoyed to see Sanghyuk being played with. When the puppet had first arrived in the play room, their owner hadn’t been too interested in him, often leaving Sanghyuk sitting on the shelf while she played with every other toy in the room.

Wonsik had joined Hakyeon, his fellow toy soldier, in comforting Sanghyuk every night when the puppet slunk off to a distant corner of the room to get away from the teasing of the other toys. Sanghyuk’s purpose in life was to be played with, to bring joy to children. And he was being denied that. He was being made fun of for not being chosen. It got so bad that Sanghyuk once tried to go to the attic, a place where no toys returned from.

That was when Wonsik had realized that he loved the little puppet. He’d rushed after Sanghyuk and begged him to return, to stay with him. Sanghyuk hadn’t been able to return Wonsik’s love then, too depressed to love himself never mind anyone else, but he’d allowed Wonsik to take him back to the play room. As they’d been returning to their places on the shelf, they had heard their owner return and Sanghyuk had panicked, losing his footing and falling.

Wonsik had been about to go to him when their owner entered and he had to freeze. She’d stopped, noticing Sanghyuk, tangled in his strings and damaged from his fall, before slowly making her way over to him. She’d picked him up and it was like she was seeing the puppet for the first time. She’d rushed off with Sanghyuk then, calling for her mother to fix him. Wonsik had panicked, worried that their owner’s mother wouldn’t be able to fix Sanghyuk and would throw him out instead.

It came as a great relief when Sanghyuk was returned later that day, good as new. Wonsik had held him for hours as soon as their owner was gone, begging him not to scare him like that ever again. Sanghyuk had smiled slightly, assuring Wonsik that he never intended for something like that to happen again.

After that, their owner started playing with Sanghyuk and Wonsik watched as his love started to become happy. In time, he started to love himself and soon after he returned Wonsik’s love.

“Did you have fun?” Wonsik asked once Sanghyuk was returned to his place beside Wonsik and their owner had gone to bed.

“Yes,” Sanghyuk nodded, snuggling against his love, “I did.”

A/N: not gonna lie, theme 134 from my original 300 Theme Challenge would not leave my head when I saw this theme, so it might have played a role in how this turned out. Not that I’m complaining ‘bout that since 134 is probably one of my favorites from the OG 300.

*looks at last post* . Well, um, that was an accident. I normally like to keep a couple days or so gap between posts, don’t really have a reason I just like to do it, but it would seem that time got a bit away from me on this. Sorry ‘bout that