063

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: One, two, Three, Four

Pairing: Luck

Related Chapter: 002, 003, 011, 020, 028, 035, 056

Word Count: 401

 

Taekwoon watched as Sanghyuk counted the money they’d gotten from their last job. He’d already counted it a couple of times, but the guy that they’d been hired by……..he was such a scummy person that Sanghyuk was convinced that he had to have screwed them over somehow. Taekwoon didn’t disagree with the idea of the guy screwing them over somehow, but after four counts……….Sanghyuk had to realize that he wasn’t gonna screw with their payment.

“I really don’t get it,” Sanghyuk huffed, “it’s all there.”

“Maybe you didn’t read him right,” Taekwoon offered and earned himself a dark glare for his words.

“I never read people wrong,” Sanghyuk huffed, “you should know that better than anyone.”

“I do,” Taekwoon sighed, “but the job is done, we have our pay, he doesn’t know our faces, and he doesn’t know where we are. There really isn’t any way he can with us now.”

“Which is why I’m so freaked out,” Sanghyuk grumbled, “there’s no way he isn’t gonna try anything.” He paused, “Maybe he’ll offer us another job and he’ll with us then.”

“I don’t think so,” Taekwoon replied, “we’ve got that meeting with that N guy tomorrow. If everything goes well, we’ll be part of his crew in a few weeks and won’t be taking any more jobs for people like him.”

“You’re pretty set on joining this crew, Woonie,” Sanghyuk said, moving to his in the other man’s lap, “something you wanna tell me?”

“It’s not that I want to join,” Taekwoon frowned, wrapping his arms around his partner, “I just……I want to keep you safe. Now that you’re out there making a name for yourself………I can’t protect you now. I can’t even protect myself sometimes.”

The pair frowned, thinking back to all the brushes with death that Taekwoon had been through over the years. At one point they had thought it would get better when he had a name, but they weren’t one hundred percent right. More like fifty seven percent.

“Ok,” Sanghyuk sighed, “we’ll meet this guy and join up if I get a good read on him.” He paused, thinking the idea of joining a crew over, “could be nice being part of a bigger team. We can go on better jobs, get more money.”

“Be in more danger,” Taekwoon frowned. Suddenly, the idea of being in a crew didn’t look like such a bright idea.

A/N: I’m…….not really sure what I was doing with this one. I wanted to show Sanghyuk and Taekwoon before they joined the crew, but…….then I just kind of let the idea run away from me.