082

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Once Upon A Time

Pairing: luck

Word Count: 252

 

Life wasn’t a fairy tale, the story didn’t end a ‘happily ever after.’ But Sanghyuk wished that it did. He wished that his love story had ended with those three words. But alas, things didn’t end there. Instead, his love story ended with his love leaving him. As far as his love was concerned, trying to make it work was too hard, their lives were too different. Sanghyuk’s friends had scoffed at that, convinced that his love had liked the pursuit of Sanghyuk more than the actual relationship. Now that the pursuit was over, so was the love.

“Taekwoon,” Sanghyuk asked his friend as the other grabbed more tissues, “did you……did you ever suspect that he didn’t really love me?”

“No,” Taekwoon replied, “I thought that it was real, just like you.” That was why Taekwoon had backed off, had allowed for someone else to steal Sanghyuk’s heart.

“I should have stayed with you,” Sanghyuk sighed, “I should have married you like my parents wanted.”

“You didn’t love me, though,” Taekwoon said, “you loved him. You did what made you happy.” And that was all Taekwoon had ever wanted; Sanghyuk happy.

“You make me happy,” Sanghyuk said, “maybe not as happy as I was with him, but you do make me happy.”

“That’s why I’m here,” Taekwoon smiled slightly, sadly, “because I like seeing you happy.”

“I wish I was in love with you,” Sanghyuk said, “I wish that I will fall in love with you.”

Taekwoon hummed, wishing that as well.

A/N: this…….def isn’t my best work, but…..idk, there’s something about this that I like. Like, I could delete it all and start again, but then I’d lose this and I don’t wanna do that. I ended up picturing the end of ‘The Graduate’ while writing this. Like, I picture Sanghyuk is at his wedding to Taekwoon, forced there by his parents, when the other guy shows up and steals him away. They get out and leave and the farther away they get, the less giddy and happy the guy gets as he realizes that he maybe doesn’t love Sanghyuk enough to have crashed Hyukkie’s wedding and stolen him away.